cw funs down?

hi guys, i have a funcard in manchester ex cw area. the card isnt updating but a friend of mine who's card i programmed is and he lives only minutes from me. Is this down to signal strength?

ive tried most of the things in this thread, ie. putting on channel 110 etc but nothing.

do i need to manually insert the key1? if so, would anyone be kind enough to pm it to me?

ps will the cards update next time or will keys need to be added every time they roll?

click your user cp top left

Is it the Nagravision FAQ as attached?

Hmm.. having trouble attaching to this post.. so just including links..

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
ahh thanx kms. how u bin mate? havent seen you around 4 a long time.

edit: it worked, but that's stuntguy's faq. is that the same thing? i already got that :s

hackmax I had managed to get to the correct asm file given the m^3 and barkley clues :), also spent some time looking at the code but have to be honest I couldn't really workout where the code needed fixing.

Even now that you've pointed out where the fix goes I have to be honest and say I don't still understand the code? :( If you've got some time maybe you could explain and put me out of my misery :)

Whoa!! Okay, i have been reading the whole thread. So i have to deal with the ---- MP is M stuff?

What you said will actually make more sense to me when i do the challenge myself. I think im gonna put a hold on revision this weekend and do the challenge.

Also, the thread only deals with keyroll type 5, what happened to keyroll type 6? I recall it being mentioned earlier in the thread, but i thought that keyroll 5 dealt with key 0 and key 1.

This thread discusses keyroll6 mate:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/126208/

Last edited by a moderator:
aha thanx teaf:)

is ur background c++ ?

i was impressed by how quickly you mastered the atmega challenge. im definitely doing that tomoz.

i am really not surprised as to how everybody quickly started thanking in the atmega release thread. i got stuntguys faq, ima read that and figure out how everything work b4 attempting the challenge. u gonna be around tomorrow mate?

@simm: eid mubarak to you as well mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I right in saying that although we can now fix it with the new APE they will still autoupdate at the next roll?? And also, the talk was that this may re-occur every 16th roll... is this the case unless programmed with the new 'fix'?? Thanks

no i think you are wrong. basically the hexes have sort of been made as a quick fix to address what the current problem was. they werent robust enough to handle any changes such as this one (which was a mathematical error).

You can try to read stuntguy's faq to understand how nagravision works and perhaps factor out all the possible ways that keyrolls could occur and do as nozzer or hackmax said "defensive programming" to prevent any problems inthe future.

Hope this helps

TBh the fun/atmega will always be a vulnerable fix as they look for a fixed KR string and dont run a processor as in a rom does. There are many ways that they can be killed and I am amazed they only still do variations on PK change emm`s.

Tbh bug was interesting and at least made some peeps look at the source code especially the Decrypt.asm Barley: Multiplicación modular. Because the funs do some of the maths "long hand" they held up. Odd really that the cc exploited this bug by accident.

Spark

no i think you are wrong. basically the hexes have sort of been made as a quick fix to address what the current problem was. they werent robust enough to handle any changes such as this one (which was a mathematical error).

You can try to read stuntguy's faq to understand how nagravision works and perhaps factor out all the possible ways that keyrolls could occur and do as nozzer or hackmax said "defensive programming" to prevent any problems inthe future.

Hope this helps

Thanks As. I tried reading the faq but try as I did it just didn't sink in!! Each to our own eh?!!

aha thanx teaf:)

is ur background c++ ?

i was impressed by how quickly you mastered the atmega challenge. im definitely doing that tomoz.

i am really not surprised as to how everybody quickly started thanking in the atmega release thread. i got stuntguys faq, ima read that and figure out how everything work b4 attempting the challenge. u gonna be around tomorrow mate?

@simm: eid mubarak to you as well mate.

I've done assembler, pascal, delphi, c, visual c++ etc....

For me personally I can step through the code and see what it's doing but most of the time I don't fully understand why. I started reading all the FAQs but have been fairly busy and away from these forums for quite some time but am hopefully back now so am going to be doing some further reading :)

I've done assembler, pascal, delphi, c, visual c++ etc....

For me personally I can step through the code and see what it's doing but most of the time I don't fully understand why. I started reading all the FAQs but have been fairly busy and away from these forums for quite some time but am hopefully back now so am going to be doing some further reading :)
thats a good cv there mate.

i did a bit of turbo pascal, done a lot of java, touched on c# (but thats like java). nothing too low level or even close to assembler.

thats good, thats like me in java, i can see what High lvel code is doing most of the time, this is working with registers and ram so it takes a lil more. the FAQ is pretty long but i guess i wanna be able to help out and create my own defensively coded hex :)

Thats the one Dave

Thanks ... will probably sort it after work .

Have a nice break this christmas

Cheers

Hi Dave

Only just got around to doing this , it is a hex file so what do i do with that ?

i am using Infinity Usb + software for it

and i changed

FLASH
INT. EEProm

NOt Ext. EEProm

Thanks

Simm,

save exteep onto desktop, just incase you erase the card,

then write flash file for your area.

dont need inteep.

Back