cw funs down?

This is my two penneth. This has the hallmarks of 'missing' a keyroll which has happened occasionally in the past without explanation. They may just update next roll, lets hope it is soon!

Yes there is an explanation.

It's sloppy coding - a bug in an optimization of the first stage of an EMM decrypt cause it to puke out junk.

type 6 keyroll? what is that and how did you know that (what part woz the giveaway?)
this si a type 6 keyroll as implemented in APE v2 - the code was basically lifted from a dev thread on this forum - compare the bit in red with IamATeaLeaf'ss log -

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

ape doesnt even seem ot be attempting to roll so it looks as if either the mask is not being matched for some reason or there are no rom 10 emm's in stream (which I would have though we would have heard the screams by now lol)

ape doesnt even seem ot be attempting to roll so it looks as if either the mask is not being matched for some reason or there are no rom 10 emm's in stream (which I would have though we would have heard the screams by now lol)

err Wonko I've just told you: there is a bug in the EMM decrypt code that is probably stopping it even decrypting so you get garbage out so course it won't match the pattern ... it will probably fail on the 3F part ... :p

this si a type 6 keyroll as implemented in APE v2 - the code was basically lifted from a dev thread on this forum - compare the bit in red with IamATeaLeaf'ss log -

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

ahh yes i remember that part of the atmega challenge. I read quite a bit. there was a keyroll method before that that only handled key 0 right and then this one was introduces to handle the key 1 right?

whats this about a bug in EMM's? What sort of card has this prob? How can you tell that there is a big in the EMM decrypt code? If it can be spotted, isnt it easy to fix?

Im sorry if i sound to amateur to this, thats coz i am, and i will do my best to catch up to all this nagra and sosia stuff :)

err Wonko I've just told you: there is a bug in the EMM decrypt code that is probably stopping it even decrypting so you get garbage out so course it won't match the pattern ... it will probably fail on the 3F part ... :p
erm...

Must learn to read
Must learn to read
etc....

APEv2 has now rolled in pure - which it wouldnt earlier - so somethings improved lol

Last edited:
It should anyway - it's the C&W EMM thats causing the problem.

Can anyone suggest any suitable reading on "how it works" - how each of the keys interacts?

Search on NagraFaq, StuntGuy or esfaq.txt

This is probably the best general nagra guide.

Atmega card update

Hi guys

So am i right in thinking we need to tune reciever to 111 - livingtv+1 then power off and wait to see if it updates. if it dont then start worrying!! cos i have had a major computer breakdown and all my cable stuff has gone so it will be xtra hard for me to do so i might just go get a starview2 box!!

u can all call me dummie byt i read all the posts and my head nearly exploded

POSTIE

As HackMax pointed out, the problem at the moment is that an old coding bug has creapt back into the code. This bug effectively prevents Emm decryption under certain mathamatical conditions. You'll probably find that about 1 in 16 keyrolls will fail. Yesterdays was one of the failures.

So, which one of you budding coders is gonna find the bug ?

As HackMax pointed out, the problem at the moment is that an old coding bug has creapt back into the code. This bug effectively prevents Emm decryption under certain mathamatical conditions. You'll probably find that about 1 in 16 keyrolls will fail. Yesterdays was one of the failures.

have you already spotted it nozzer?

@ nozzer

is it the same bug that the keyroll 3 failed on that gave us false numbers .? that mr sporty fixed by useing the rom 11 for the key roll .?

michael

Search on NagraFaq, StuntGuy or esfaq.txt

This is probably the best general nagra guide.

It's full of detail, but I could do with an overview of what the sequence of key usage is, if that makes sense.

Should I be able to cross reference the $ commands from the log that someone posted earlier with the NagraFaq reference to determine the sequence of the commands?

@ nozzer

is it the same bug that the keyroll 3 failed on that gave us false numbers .? that mr sporty fixed by useing the rom 11 for the key roll .?

michael

I believe MrSporty did do a botch job fix by moving to Rom11 emulation. It only fixed the problem for that particular day though. The underlying maths problem was still present and turned up on a Rom11 Emm sometime later.

The actual fix requires a diagnosis of the maths routine or, if you are the intuitive type, just sticking an extra instruction in the correct spot !

this should fix it if any one wants to try have no cw emms to try on .

michael

fun ok

hi
my funcard works ok . it upgraded ok last night but atmaga not working .
some one says files are simmilar then why my fun works and atmega no?
i cheque 0 key and on funcard is the same as DW
BUT IT FAIL TO uograde.
SORRY FOR SOME WHOES fun not working .i am at manchester cw
fkekobad

Back