Cross EPG/Internal Flash

You know what I mean mate
The thread is initially about epg reverting to internal flash
That has been fixed

You are now posting about another bug

If you feel it's the same the by all means carry on, but the thread is getting hard to follow tbh

Even the internal flash fixes ate hard to find

Sent from my iPhone

to be honest i throught it was all part of thr same trouble

:bangshead: :)
does yours revert to internal flash anymore ?

:tongue:

I use version 306 on a Vu+ Duo with Blackhole. I have never had the problem of it defaulting to internal flash and only once has it not updated the EPG itself, even a manual download would not update the data. I discovered the crossepg.descriptors.db file had grown to a huge 60+MB. I deleted that file (actually all the contents of the /media/*/crossepg folder) and it started to update properly again.

So it may be worth keeping an eye on the size of the db files in the /crossepg/ folder and flush them occasionally.

I do reboot the box with cron daily just before doing the CrossEPG timer update and run the lsk free memory plugin to try and minimize any problems.

ive just tried your suggestion mate as my descriptors had grown to over 30mb so i deleted the whole folder, epg.dat, restarted the box and manually downoaded, i guess we'll see what happens in the morning :)

The next person to get the lack of epg.dat update can you post your crossepg.log file, should be in /media/usb/crossepg. I know that somebody did post their file in this thread but I've had a look through and can't see it, also going to page 63 takes me back to the main forums? rather than that page of the thread?

The reason for the above is that I've found the source file for the automated download and can't see why it would fail but there is a single step that could cause a problem but I'd need to see the log file from a failed update.

here is my log file this morning for 5am

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Mate try the suggestion lincsat posted (check my quote a few posts up) I did this and it updated fine today

How I did it was to telnet the box so it would freeze with the init 4 command, delete the epg.dat and the entire contents of the crossepg folder off of the USB stick restart the box via telnet and typing init 3, once the box restarts you should have no epg data on any channel, do a manual download to get everything back and then leave it til the morning, if my box manages to update itself properly two days in a row that'll be a record so maybe once the headers do get a bit too big it has trouble perhaps :)

Ok if I'm reading that log correctly its not transfering the newly downloaded epg when the timer runs but it seems to do the WHOLE process again correctly when you do a reboot,

Do you have it set to reload or download on boot up?

It might be worth just setting a reboot timer either on its own and disabling the epg download timer,
or
set a reboot timer 10 minutes after the epg download timer :)

Last edited:
Ok if I'm reading that log correctly its not transfering the newly downloaded epg when the timer runs but it seems to do the WHOLE process again correctly when you do a reboot,

Do you have it set to reload or download on boot up?

It might be worth just setting a reboot timer either own it own and disabling the epg download timer,
or

Spot on, in the first log after it'd downloaded from OpenTV it didn't go through the process of updating the EPG.

I'm going to monitor my setup and also find out how to compile the c programs that I have for crossepg, if I can do this then I can do what I did with the internal flash problem and put in some extra debug lines to find out exactly where it's going wrong.

Damn, should have looked closer to home, mine failed to update epg.dat today, I've just compared it to a saved log from a few days ago when it worked and there are no differences at between them.

So it looks like it could be similar in nature to the internal flash problem where a command must just randomly be failing.

It might be worth just setting a reboot timer either on its own and disabling the epg download timer,
or

how do i set a reboot timer m8, dont think i have seen this option yet.

how do i set a reboot timer m8, dont think i have seen this option yet.

Feck it knew you were going to ask that lol
Cant get near the box at the minute m8 but I will check and get back to you ;)

Feck it knew you were going to ask that lol
Cant get near the box at the minute m8 but I will check and get back to you ;)

Sounds like you have the same problem as me it's called (a wife) :) don't worry m8 there is no rush t the moment I doiNg manual scan so that's fine.

Hmm doesn't seem to be a reboot timer m8, will have a look for a plugin instead :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I deleted the folder this morning :)
The file I had was just over 6mb
New one is about 3mb

:)

Sent from my iPhone

here is this mornings log looks like its done the same thing stopped halfway

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

No, this time it's does the epg export, as mentioned in the last few lines of the log. I was hoping that the logs would be different for a successful and failed but they are exactly the same.

Back