Cross EPG/Internal Flash

But not everyone is getting the problem, your way is just a work around surely there has to be a fix so we don't get epg not updating, some members don't get it at all wiz569 has had his running 3 weeks now not an issue why, what has he done that we haven't.

Feel your pain Napster, I have to restart my box everyday now to get the new data to appear

Feel your pain Napster, I have to restart my box everyday now to get the new data to appear

after yerterdays post saying rytec wasn't that good i went back to opentv and it updated fine, gets up this morning and it hasn't updated again its starting to do this daily now, now the answer should be why whats changed, nothing that im aware off so it should at least update for a couple of days before it screws up.

im thinking about removing crossepg and reinstalling it see what happens if i do this will it remove the modded file ImAmATeaf made, this way i can start a fresh and see what happens.

ok i tried this this morning i deleted all crossepg stuff from usb stick, done a full restart of box and epg is still there but usb stick is emtry, now i confused where else is epg been stored, has to be somewhere or it would be blank.

Last edited:
seach epg.dat via ftp programme and see where else it is :)

then its not there then mate

I search /
epg.dat

maybe there is a fragment left on there ? maybe the usb needs formatting ?

could be one of many things, but if everything was removed/uninstalled it wouldn't update the next day

does enigma hold a days worth of epg anyway ?

i have no idea thats why im asking on forum.

Uninstall crossepg m8 and it will probably disappear

Did you check usr/crossepg folder?
Might be hiding in there :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

i'm just trying things to hopefully eliminate plugins untill we find the error, its not open TV as rytec did the same to me yesterday as open does, didn't update, so itys got to be something else causing the problem.

Uninstall crossepg m8 and it will probably disappear

Did you check usr/crossepg folder?
Might be hiding in there :)

this is whats in that folder m8

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 26
That looks ok m8,
might be worth uninstalling and rebooting and then install again,

That looks ok m8,
might be worth uninstalling and rebooting and then install again,

ok i have un installed it, rebooted and installed (enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2-svn-300-r0_mipsel) now will the have over wrote ImAmATeaf file mod or should i try it for a couple of days and check it out see what happens.

The next person to get the lack of epg.dat update can you post your crossepg.log file, should be in /media/usb/crossepg. I know that somebody did post their file in this thread but I've had a look through and can't see it, also going to page 63 takes me back to the main forums? rather than that page of the thread?

The reason for the above is that I've found the source file for the automated download and can't see why it would fail but there is a single step that could cause a problem but I'd need to see the log file from a failed update.

as Ive already said the initial internal flash is now fixed :)

maybe you should make a new thread for other epg problems
things are getting lost in this thread

Try it as is for a few days m8
See what happens :)

as Ive already said the initial internal flash is now fixed :)

maybe you should make a new thread for other epg problems
things are getting lost in this thread

how can it be fixed its still not updated like it should, but as you have ask will keep out of this thread from now on will make a new one.

how can it be fixed its still not updated like it should, but as you have ask will keep out of this thread from now on will make a new one.

What Rat means is that the original "why is crossepg reverting to internal flash" has been fixed.

Back