Cross EPG/Internal Flash

It is a little annoying but it's a small price to pay for not having it revert to internal flash every few days :) like rat says, a reboot every few days is no biggie and you proberly should do so anyway :)

Am I right in saying that CrossEPG used to do a reboot after downloading before? Was one of the reasons I started using xmltv as it didn't need to do a reboot and could do the download in the background. If it did used to reboot then this sort of explains why people never saw the problem before.

It is a little annoying but it's a small price to pay for not having it revert to internal flash every few days :) like rat says, a reboot every few days is no biggie and you proberly should do so anyway :)

i beginning to think m8 he is right aswell i think we are making a mountain out of a mole hill its not that bigger as issue we have 7 days epg anyway so whats a reboot once a week. :)

thanks for all you help chaps but thats me done not messing anymore, clean install when kids back at school and thats it. :)

Am I right in saying that CrossEPG used to do a reboot after downloading before? Was one of the reasons I started using xmltv as it didn't need to do a reboot and could do the download in the background. If it did used to reboot then this sort of explains why people never saw the problem before.

No m8 it never did,at least not all the time I've being using it :)

No m8 it never did,at least not all the time I've being using it :)

I'm sure it used to as I remember looking at a problem with in the early days of me getting my dm800hd pro. There used to be options for waking up from deep standby but the problem was that after waking up, doing the download and then rebooting it would leave the box in normal use mode. Whereas if the box was in standby it would wake up, do the download, reboot and the leave the box back in standby.

Unless I'm geting old that is :)

You could be right m8 but there is no adjustable setting to do this that I can see but have a look at the line in red from my crossepg.cfg file ????

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

This might explain why I'm having no problems as regards the updating part anyway :)

This might explain why I'm having no problems as regards the updating part anyway :)

you turn yours off every night Wiz so you are rebooting thats why you have no problems :)

you turn yours off every night Wiz so you are rebooting thats why you have no problems :)

True m8 but I wonder if that line in red would help the rest of you,that dont want to reboot etc ;)

wiz, I've got that line in my config.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Ignore the timestamp lines being 0, I've just installed a slightly modified version of CrossEPG to see if I can figure out why epg.dat doesn't get updated.

Last edited:

I always reboot daily, I believe it's best practice to flush the RAM.

I have set CRON to reboot at 5:55, CrossEPG update at 6 and then Standby at 6:05.

I always reboot daily, I believe it's best practice to flush the RAM.

I have set CRON to reboot at 5:55, CrossEPG update at 6 and then Standby at 6:05.

I think i'll attempt to set cron manager up to reboot daily for me aswell although its updated itself fine the last two days, strange thing! keeping me on my toes lol.

I think i'll attempt to set cron manager up to reboot daily for me aswell although its updated itself fine the last two days, strange thing! keeping me on my toes lol.

lucky bugger my image dont have cron manager installed :(

Back