Cross EPG/Internal Flash

is this the file you deleted from the crossepg folder on usb stick, (crossepg.descriptors.db) if so mines on 4.77mb in size.

I deleted the entire folder mate and epg.dat on the root of the usb stick. Worth a try!

My crossepg.descriptors.db is currently at 16mb but my epg has been fine for a month now,

I dont have TS Panel installed and I completely shut down my box everynight and the epg downloads at 11.30am after the box has been turned on from the night before,so basically there is a fresh reboot before the download,

None of the above might make a difference who knows lol

when you say completely shut down my box everynight
do you mean Deep Standby ? or off from the rear switch ?

I would say either of those is why yours is working fins :) as Ive advised others to deep standby a couple of times a week as this works :)

when you say completely shut down my box everynight
do you mean Deep Standby ? or off from the rear switch ?

I would say either of those is why yours is working fins :) as Ive advised others to deep standby a couple of times a week as this works :)

Deepstandby and then switch off from wall :)

Deepstandby and then switch off from wall :)

That sort of explains why you may be problem free :)

Let me explain in terms of the original problem re reverting to internal flash. With this original problem when it reverted to internal flash the CrossEPG screen would never show the USB or HDD until a restart of enigma2. So something in enigma2 would result in the checks that CrossEPG was performing to fail.

Now the epg.dat file not updating sort of behaves in exactly the same fashion. So it works, then stops working and if you leave it as I did for a day it won't work the next day but do a restart and it bursts into life.

Somebody here posted a revised CrossEPG ipk file with the changes to the setup file that I made. What I'd like to know is how did they produce the ipk, was it from the source files? If so then I'd appreciate a quick note on what I need to do to compile the source or if I can PM over a modded file if it could be compiled for me? We can then maybe start getting to the root of this second problem.

The only fly in that ointment is that I had this problem before even though I have always done the deep standby and then off at wall,

the only thing different this time is no TS Panel ??

The only fly in that ointment is that I had this problem before even though I have always done the deep standby and then off at wall,

the only thing different this time is no TS Panel ??

I think as the problem is random that you may well get it after a bootup and the fact that you were shutting down each night meant that unless you were looking for the problem you may not have noticed, maybe ? :)

In terms of the epg.dat problem, I did noticed that the lack of it not updating correctly wasn't really evident when looking in bouquets, it only becomes evident if it doesn't update for 2 days, from what I saw.

Also, I've never ever been anywhere near TS Panel, as I'm a tinkerer I've never bothered to install it.

Last edited:
In terms of asking who produced a revised package, I can see that it was ellie but I think it was posted on page 63 of this thread which for some reason I can't get to, click on page 63 and it takes me back to the main list of forums?

I deleted the entire folder mate and epg.dat on the root of the usb stick. Worth a try!

i allready did that other day m8 when i tried rytec and i still get the problem im now back on opentv so deleted the files twice.

Heres the file IAAT

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepgiamateaf_0.6.2+git286+7589233-r0_mipsel.ipk
    830.5 KB · Views: 9
i allready did that other day m8 when i tried rytec and i still get the problem im now back on opentv so deleted the files twice.

how annoying :(

did you try it my way?

init 4

delete all traces

init 3

redownload and then leave it until morning?

Two days! It was a record lol didn't update properly this morning :( I'll just reboot the box every few days or something. It's strange that when we had the internal flash issue this epg thing never happened, has the revised code buggered something else up?

while doing a manual scan this morning is spotted something not sure if its relefent, but while going through the update it went very slow and when it finished it stopped on radio screen, had to restart enigma to clear it. not sure if that helps you chaps or not.

Last edited:
never had it stop and not move off radio screen before mate

tbh and I really dont mean to sound rude or nasty :( but a simple reboot a couple of times a week sorts this :) messing and installing things I personally think you are making things worse ?

I'm at a loss at to what the problem is.
Are you getting no epg showing ?
I still get my epg showing, I never check my epg.dat as i'm not interested so long as I get epg.
The finding the box on the radio channel was a problem I had with opentv, I just hit the tv button on the remote, it was that irritation that made me stop using opentv yonks ago.

So just to clear something up are you getting no epg or are you just bothered about the date on the epg files ?

to be honest m8 i have never lost my epg via open tv its just the epg.dat file dont update everytime i run the epgloader as i do mine manually, mybe im or should i say we are makeing to much out of this and itd not that big an issue, which file does the epg come from ext.epg.dat or the epg.dat file?

If your not losing epg I don't see what your problem is tbh
I wouldn't worry until I lost my epg and that hasn't happened yet to me.

I'm not sure anyone has waited a whole weeks worth of epg to see if its OK after the time the epg.dat has updated itself tbh

I was about 4 days in the the epg.dat file not updating but I was forced to reboot the box lol so the next day it updated

Back