Cross EPG/Internal Flash

new image, different version of crossepg, after 2 days its started leaving epg.dat untouched again even though its updating everything else argghhh!!!!

Ive had the revised .py file running since it was uploaded and it hasnt missed a beat as yet :)
epg.dat and ext.epg.dat both updating daily

CrossEPG 0.6.2+GIT285

clean flash of a new DW image

Attachments

• EPG Files.JPG
    EPG Files.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I'm using the revised one (well, I modified my own) using git284 and it's behaved the same as svn 300 :(

One thing I have noticed though, restarting the box allows epg.dat to change and the data and timestamp updates. Could it be an issue where epg.dat needs to update itself but because it's inuse it can't change, not sure how best to word what I mean

mine didn't update again this morning so i'm going back to doing it manually, as least that way i can see when box needs a reboot.

just checked mine and both updated fine :)

why dont you instead of rebooting to make it work again, just put the box into deep standby one night a week and when you turn the box on in the morning it will start from boot

this way you will never notice you had to reboot

not a fix but saves rebooting every so often( trick the mind lol)

Last edited:
just checked mine and both updated fine :)

why dont you instead of rebooting to make it work again, just put the box into deep standby one night a week and when you turn the box on in the morning it will start from boot

this way you will never notice you had to reboot

not a fix but saves rebooting every so often( trick the mind lol)

Not a bad idea I guess :) although I noticed last night in crossepgs main menu there's an option to 'reload epg.dat' near the bottom and that brings it up so I'll probably start doing that every few days as that's hardly an issue just a few keystrokes and 5 seconds of waiting :)

Im pretty sure napsters having the same issue isn't he? If so try that option mate it's far less tedious than rebooting the box :)

Until something goes wrong with that option lol

after going through this post i have come across 3 versions of crossepg which is best to use, i know the last one has ImAmATeaf file mod in it

1, enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2+git285+fd3284c-r0_mipsel
2, enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2-svn-300-r0_mipsel
3, enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepgiamateaf_0.6.2+git286+7589233-r0_mipsel

I don't know what's BEST but I'm using CrossEPG 0.6.2+GIT285

can anyone explain the settting in crossepg, because i dont know what they all mean and do.

I'm using a git version 274 and its been fine for 3 weeks now :)

mine's be fine (touch wood and all that) I'm using SIFteam crossepg 0.6.2 (svn 306) 2009-2011- Sandro Cavazzoni....it's been fine ever since, if I can submit any files or configs that will shine some light on to it then just holla at me.......but with Tleafs hard work and the like looks as though there maybe a few fixes.

were did you get that version from dibbers i can't see it in plugin section. :)

I just grabbed it from Tspanel and then downloads for EPG, I presume that Tspanel might have plug-ins that are specific to that box at the time? I have the dream 800 Clone HD. I can check the download link the night maybe and see if I can find it and then let you know if that'll help. (I notice your on a PLI image as well)

I just grabbed it from Tspanel and then downloads for EPG, I presume that Tspanel might have plug-ins that are specific to that box at the time? I have the dream 800 Clone HD. I can check the download link the night maybe and see if I can find it and then let you know if that'll help. (I notice your on a PLI image as well)

Fairly sure the issue is specific to dm800se's mate hence why your 800 is fine :)

epg.dat never updated today but ext.dat did

will leave it a few days to see if and at what point it corrects itself :)

epg.dat never updated today but ext.dat did

will leave it a few days to see if and at what point it corrects itself :)

I'm beginning to understand why I dumped crossepg ages ago :) Have to admit though that the epg data it downloads is much nicer and I suppose truer.

As said I'll try not to reboot box and see if it corrects itself before the data runs out

If not then I'm happy to put box in deep standby a couple of nights a week

No big deal for me tbh as the main issue for me was the internal flash and it filling up
This is now fixed so I'm happy ;)
Thanks for the effort you put in mate it's much appreciated by many I'm sure

:)

Sent from my iPhone

Back