Cross EPG/Internal Flash

I also get this, when I installed CrossEPG I had 15mb as reported in DCC, checked yesterday after seeing your post and it's dropped down to 14mb free.

No idea what could be using the space and the only thing that I've installed recently has been the python subprocess package for which the .pyo file is less than 20k in size.

I've probably asked before but what version of CrossEPG are you using?

sorry for the delayed response, im using 0.6.2 svn 300

yesterday i deleted the epg.dat file and it seems like its updated today although i havent turned the tv on to check but the timestamp is from today :)

sorry for the delayed response, im using 0.6.2 svn 300

yesterday i deleted the epg.dat file and it seems like its updated today although i havent turned the tv on to check but the timestamp is from today :)

Napster, what version are you using? Wonder if this could be a svn 300 problem?

Napster, what version are you using? Wonder if this could be a svn 300 problem?

im running the new version rossi posted a few posts back m8 this one enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2+git285+fd3284c-r0_mipsel

Ive done a fresh install of image and thought id try the .py file way this time :)

tbh I was more than happy with the symlink as that worked fine but happy to have a play and give feedback .py way too

ok the crossepg updated at 04.00 all files in crossepg folder have todays date the 24th, but the epg.dat on root of usb has the date of the 23rd so will leave it and see what happens tomorrow when i check.

Last edited:
checked again this morning and epg.dat on the root hadnt updated again so tried the manual update, caused the box to reboot but now the epg is uptodate again and the timestamp on root is just now and todays date. very strange! think i'll try removing crossepg and installing a different version :(

so your box and mine did the samething as mine today, this has to be something with crossepg and as far as im aware im on lastest crossepg what is your set up, im running DW v1 image with crossepg_0.6.2+git285 what are you using.

Last edited:
so your box and mine did the samething as mine today, this has to be something with crossepg and as far as im aware im on lastest crossepg what is your set up, im running DW v1 image with crossepg_0.6.2+git285 what are you using.

running dbuk 2.1.1 crossepg 0.6.2 svn 300, I couldnt get git 285 to work for some reason. I've had a reinstall and reset up the py files ran a manual update and it worked fine so we'll see if it goes back to its old tricks in a day or so :(

Slightly revised file as somebody on the OpenPLi forum pointed out that the code would cause a green screen if it actually did the test on a partition that was actually read-only i.e. the file creation code would throw up an exception if it tried to write to a read-only partition and as the previous code didn't trap any exceptions enigma2 would green screen.

You shouldn't notice any difference between the old file and this file in use, it's the same bit that I've altered which has now changed to:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Attachments

• crossepg_setup.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
do we do the same as last time m8 delete the setup.pyo and reboot

ok the crossepg updated at 04.00 all files in crossepg folder have todays date the 24th, but the epg.dat on root of usb has the date of the 23rd so will leave it and see what happens tomorrow when i check.

just noticed epg.dat has updated its self and i did nothing to it, humm wonder what did that unless it was reboot after putting on new file.

grr epg.dat on root hasnt updated again but the rest of the data folder has :(

may try another image but means messing about with the settings getting it how i like it again grr

:) I dont know if you already do this mate but may save you some time
I can have an image up and running in about 10 minutes how I like it :)

write down your, you will soon know this pretty much from memory over time
settings (via menu on box) start from setup/system and work your way down
plugins/ipk files (ipk can be installed multiple)

once done backup and backup before you start you always have a backup to revert back to :)

:) I dont know if you already do this mate but may save you some time
I can have an image up and running in about 10 minutes how I like it :)

write down your, you will soon know this pretty much from memory over time
settings (via menu on box) start from setup/system and work your way down
plugins/ipk files (ipk can be installed multiple)

once done backup and backup before you start you always have a backup to revert back to :)

yeah I suppose your right, it isnt really that big of a job, i'll take some photos on me phone of what plugins i have etc :)

grr epg.dat on root hasnt updated again but the rest of the data folder has :(

may try another image but means messing about with the settings getting it how i like it again grr

I've just now noticed this on my box, my update last night was fine so the file ext.epg.dat has a date of 25/03/2012 with a timestamp of 04:01am but the file epg.dat is dated 23/03/2012 at 05:01am which is weird as I've always had the auto download set to 04:00am.

This is going to take some time to investigate I think as the first thing I need to find out is what mechanism kicks of the download at 04:00am, I've had a look at the normal unix timer 'cron' and there's nothing there so it looks like something in enigma2 must be kicking the task off.

I've asked about what kicks these tasks off on DreamOEM before but nobody seemed to know.

Back