Council tells schools to rearrange exams and cancel swimming for Ramadan

children are not forced to fast, you only fast if you are an adult and of good health.

I myself started when I was 13 years old because I wanted to fast, my parents did not force me..

yes some parents may force their kids to fast, but this wrong and against the ruling of islam..

I think you need to read the post again you have missed an important part
Council bosses issued a document to all primary and secondary schools on how to avoid offending Muslim pupils who may still be fasting when the new term starts in September.
You see the word primary schools is that not 5 to 8 years old?.
I would say the school as well as the parents are guilty of cruelty and neglect.
Lets see if any are prosecuted

I think you need to read the post again you have missed an important part

You see the word primary schools is that not 5 to 8 years old?.
I would say the school as well as the parents are guilty of cruelty and neglect.
Lets see if any are prosecuted

Actually it said primary and secondary schools. Primary schools generally cover from 5 to 11 year olds so yes, some year 5 and 6 kids could be effected however I have to say yet again that it is down to the school if they wish to implement the suggestions.

BTW, if there are any medical reasons that a person is being effected by fasting then religion allows them to break the fast. So if a kid was in danger of feinting then they are allowed to eat.

all of this cultures being divided crap has been brought on by the government.

muslims have been living in britain for years and years, right, but its only in the last 15 years or so, since some bell end invented 'political correctness' that all this crap has started, as muslims can now say that islam is so strict that they CANNOT fit into the british way of life, and as the whole planet knows, brits are so polite that they will bend over and take it in the arse so as not to offend anyone, muslims who WANT to cause a problem (which most DONT) will use the religion card to get their own way

untill the government draws a line, itll keep happening, and when that line is drawn, the muslim council of britain (or whatever its called) will then use the EU courts to get its own way

if islam is all about peace and fitting in etc, why do this small minority of muslims insist on rocking the boat? its this small minority that ensures that islam will never fit in with western culture, which spoils it for everyone

we need ro rewind 25 years, where people could speak openly without being afraid of being called a racist or insulting a religion, we also need a politician to grow a set of spuds and put their foot down on all this crap, they will be a hero

Don't know about rewinding but the next 20 will be interesting.

No need to wait 20 years go to Leicester today.
Have a game with the kids called spot the white man your be their hours and its fun.

we need ro rewind 25 years, where people could speak openly without being afraid of being called a racist or insulting a religion

Yeah that would be a good idea. Where I grew up in a era of SERIOUS racial abuse both verbal and physical on a daily basis, from other students, parents, neighbours and even school teachers. And anybody who claims it has gone away completely needs to pull their heads out of the sand. Even today my kids have experienced it, from kids who where 6 or 7 years old. I was frigging shocked TBH because I thought society had moved on but I guess not.

all of this cultures being divided crap has been brought on by the government.

muslims have been living in britain for years and years, right, but its only in the last 15 years or so, since some bell end invented 'political correctness' that all this crap has started, as muslims can now say that islam is so strict that they CANNOT fit into the british way of life, and as the whole planet knows, brits are so polite that they will bend over and take it in the arse so as not to offend anyone, muslims who WANT to cause a problem (which most DONT) will use the religion card to get their own way

untill the government draws a line, itll keep happening, and when that line is drawn, the muslim council of britain (or whatever its called) will then use the EU courts to get its own way

if islam is all about peace and fitting in etc, why do this small minority of muslims insist on rocking the boat? its this small minority that ensures that islam will never fit in with western culture, which spoils it for everyone

we need ro rewind 25 years, where people could speak openly without being afraid of being called a racist or insulting a religion, we also need a politician to grow a set of spuds and put their foot down on all this crap, they will be a hero

Aye lets go back to the good old days when it was only Tims and Huns that hated each other..:)

What do you mean was im pritty sure the they still hate each other haha.

a bit off topic this, but in this month of Ramadan. Is it right to wish a muslim Happy Ramadan??

You mean like we say happy christmas, NO, I would be offended I think they should say happy holiday.

Ramadam is hardly a hoilday is it ?

IMO if you are offended of the things british people say then you should either adjust not to be offended or leave. Its our country and we should not need to change or adjust for anyone.

Cant believe some of the retarded comments I have read.

First of all I think some of you need to do some research and actually find out what it means to be British and what it means to be English lol

Im not english im scottish - In an atttempt to avoide saying " scottish" and upseting the english foke i said english.

What i was attempting to say was English, Scottish, Welsh or Irus - The FOUR natinalities that make up this the "Britsh"

Upsetting the English folk, lol

Just keep paying your taxes and you will be fine.

IMO if you are offended of the things british people say then you should either adjust not to be offended or leave. Its our country and we should not need to change or adjust for anyone.

So British muslims aren't British?

Who are we? Where did your antecedents come from?

Did you engage your brain before writing that nonsense?

here we go again lol

why a british muslim then? why not just british? do other people call themselfs 'british catholics' or 'british christians'?

what has your religion got to do with where you were born? unless its muslims attempt at a future 'back door' to ensure muslim ways are enforced on 'other' british people?

im neither english or british, im welsh, and believe in dragons more than ANY form of a god

Back