Council tells schools to rearrange exams and cancel swimming for Ramadan

All but a few would agree with that,digidude, Most British people [and I mean real British people] are echoing those words every day when they see how they are being sidelined in favor of ethnic minorities who want a slice of our culture if it suits them., and our judiciary will bend the law, rather than upset them.
This nonsense started in the Blair days ,[remember that sleasy labour guy..with his social engineering ] ..now a very rich tory...and milking the system. Maybe our present great leaders will one day find the courage to simply say to all who come here....We are british, and we are not interested in your particular religious cultures, dont try to import them here and if your not happy with that, please return to where you came from.
But dont hold your breath.....their is not a politician with any backbone who will say that publicly.

Yawn.................. plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose - over and over and over...

Some people need to get a life.

I'm a muslim, and i think this is pure bollocks too, if you're fasting, you make sacrifices, you have to go without food for like 15 hours, i'm sure walking past the canteen without feeling "offended" is nothing compared to going without food and drink for hours and hours. This is bullshit, i can't see how the council agreed to this! Ban swimming? What for? In case you accidentally ingest the water? FFS, it must be a drop or two, it doesn't break your fast, and for the people who can't control themselves and try to drink that shit, kids' piss an all, then they shouldn't be fasting in the first place...

top post and well said.

wether this article is true are not, this shit happens day in day out, at the end of the day if i went to live in pakistan they wouldnt do shit like this for my catholic religous needs would they.

that being said though, the dickheads who think this shit up should be sacked.

fit in or fook off thats goes for any group be it muslims, mormons, martians or melons.

I'm all for the "when in Rome." attitude, I certainly wouldn't want or expect any country to change it's basic way of life just because my religion or race is different from the majority, and any Muslim guys I know totally agree with me and shake there heads when they read stuff like this.

But I wonder why people keep posting these threads, 9 times out of 10 it's nothing more than over exaggerated gutter press reporting, trying to cause a rift between communitys, it's bullshit.

Best thing to do is go out, gather 10 of your black mates and ask them directly "do you want the UK to make special allowances for you because you are a Muslim?" and they'll tell you to **** off.

I just love these Ramadam a Ding Dongs.

Ps only the older members will get this lol

I just love these Ramadam a Ding Dongs.

Ps only the older members will get this lol

Rama-lama-lama, lama-lama-ding-dong
Rama-lama-lama, lama-lama-ding-dong
Rama-lama-lama, lama-lama-ding-dong (Ooh, ooh-ooh)
Rama-lama-lama, lama-lama-ding-dong (Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh)
Rama-lama-lama, lama-lama-ding-dong (Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh)
Rama-lama-lama, lama-lama-ding-dong (Ooh, ooh-ooh)
Rama-lama-lama, lama-lama-ding-dong (Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh)
Rama-lama-lama, lama-lama-ding-dong (Ooh-wah-ooh...)

A hate getting old...

my question is was this done by the council without any advise from the local muslim community.. did some do-gooder sitting in his plush council office think, hey this would be great and I will get brownie points from the muslims for doing this

I will tell you this, I was born in 1971 and started fasting from 1984 .. and never did any of this priviledge happen thru out my school years.. I llike most of the muslims back in the 70/80/90 accepted we were fasting and dealt with society we lived in and what came with it.. This is all bollocks to me.

In Islam, it is stated that you have to accept the law of the country you live in and adjust to it to meet your needs.

This article is another way to divide muslims from the society and does not help the so called view of all religion living together in peace and harmony.

Come to think of it why are we bothering with these "stupid" feckin news storys..

But I wonder why people keep posting these threads, 9 times out of 10 it's nothing more than over exaggerated gutter press reporting, trying to cause a rift between communitys, it's bullshit.

They keep some of our members happy.

Would this not be classed as child cruelty? not feeding a child for 15 hours?
Or Child neglect failure to provide needed age appropriate care such as food.

Right on cue! :Clap:

Nothing racial in that question Nara just a thought, If you kept your child hungary for that length of time could it be classed as cruelty or neglect.
We do have in this country the Children Act 2004

It is not recommended for children to fast until puberty after which point they are free to make their own decision.

Would this not be classed as child cruelty? not feeding a child for 15 hours?
Or Child neglect failure to provide needed age appropriate care such as food.

children are not forced to fast, you only fast if you are an adult and of good health.

I myself started when I was 13 years old because I wanted to fast, my parents did not force me..

yes some parents may force their kids to fast, but this wrong and against the ruling of islam..

It is not recommended for children to fast until puberty after which point they are free to make their own decision.

Although there is a wide range of ages, girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10, boys at age 12 in the eyes of the law still children

Although there is a wide range of ages, girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10, boys at age 12 in the eyes of the law still children

Yes they are still kids and nobody is denieing them food. If they want to eat, they can eat.

Back