Considering a San Francisco

Thanks a lot, haven't got the phone yet (xmas :D) i'll probably flash straight out the box.

once again thx

Thanks a lot, haven't got the phone yet (xmas :D) i'll probably flash straight out the box.

once again thx

well thats only a week away if that, i did mine today and i bought it yesterday but i was too tired to even look into then so i did my investigations today and its pretty straight forward, first bit is done in cmd prompt the the rest is done from the recovery option on the phone.

its good to get rid of all the orange crap on it.

mines currently on the 2.2 rom, unlocked (free) and im using applanet for my ermm *free* apps lol.

more than happy with it at the moment.

Get your unlock to any netword sim code from this website (it's free): http://www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/

Install Super User app in case anything goes wrong; I believe most custom ROMS come with that packaged anyway? And take backups of the phone's Nand with Nandroid app to keep safe working copies of ROMs, again, in case you need to revert back if something happens.

My mate's phone (he's on Orange) crapped out today so he's just requested a San Fran as a replacement. The law of attraction works in mysterious ways :( ;)

Last edited:
I found alpha 4 (mods please delete if not apropiate)

hxxp://data.hu/get/3269817/081210-2030-alpha4-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-63bbcd0a2290e94835306d2dc356172d.zip

can't check it myself till xmas day, so make sure you have clockwork recovery thing and backup if you try it, also let me know how it is.

Hey guys,
I have subscribed the the orange website for when new stock arrives.
how do i get it for 85 quid?

i rang them a bit ago from my brother's orange account and they said they wouldnt give him a discount,

Cheers,
CrazyFool.

i got 2 from them -
however u need a orange pay as you go no. which has been active with them for past 3 months atleast

i got the first one for 88.99 and the second one was for 79.99, not sure how it worked out.. but

while on the fone i just enquired if they had the phone, they tell u the cost, and then u just tell them, ... that you have heard that if you are an existing paygo customer you get a discount on the phone ? is that true.. and they ask for your pay as you go phone no.

between i used the same phone. no on both the orders.. so dont think they keep a track if u have bought from them bfore.

and then inform you - if you are eligible for a discount or not..

thats how i got mine..
all the best to you..
hope you get it sorted

Last edited:
i got 2 from them -
however u need a orange pay as you go no. which has been active with them for past 3 months atleast

i got the first one for 88.99 and the second one was for 79.99, not sure how it worked out.. but

while on the fone i just enquired if they had the phone, they tell u the cost, and then u just tell them, ... that you have heard that if you are an existing paygo customer you get a discount on the phone ? is that true.. and they ask for your pay as you go phone no.

between i used the same phone. no on both the orders.. so dont think they keep a track if u have bought from them bfore.

thats how i got mine..
all the best to you..
hope you get it sorted

Very informative, Sir...

i got 2 from them -

thats how i got mine..
all the best to you..
hope you get it sorted

Thanks very much for that, much appreciated,
Now... is there some kind soul who has an old orange pay as you go sim knocking about that can lend it to me or allow me to order on your number?

Thanks in advance,
CrazyFool.

My cousin has got a payg orange sim so thats me sorted,
i can confirm that the customer has to have held a pay as you go sim for atleast 3 months to get the phone for 79.99

I bought one of those a few weeks ago unlocked and debranded great phone for the money. I now notice argos doing them for £89

I bought one of those a few weeks ago unlocked and debranded great phone for the money. I now notice argos doing them for £89

thought it was 99 as i bought mine from there a week or two back and then bought another last week aswell.

dont forgt you need to buy the top up voucher too, they wont let you buy the phone without it so add another tenner.

still cant be faulted for the money esp when you update the rom ect...from the standard one.

You can get a white one from Very.co.uk for £72.99 (postage & the £10 topup inc in the price) if you're a first time customer, open a credit account, and use the code ZZ613 (basically, just wack it in your basket and checkout, following the sign up process and add the above code when the option is shown)

Now that's a Mandingo deal -- but my mate has a white one already and really want a grey bugger... White looks sh*te IMO anyway... more black and white than white... If you're after the white version though, THIS IS THE DEAL FOR YOU...

Last edited:
thought it was 99 as i bought mine from there a week or two back and then bought another last week aswell.

dont forgt you need to buy the top up voucher too, they wont let you buy the phone without it so add another tenner.

still cant be faulted for the money esp when you update the rom ect...from the standard one.

Your right £99 including £10 top up, cant believe how much people are selling these on ebay for unlocked.

You can get a white one from Very.co.uk for £72.99 (postage & the £10 topup inc in the price) if you're a first time customer, open a credit account, and use the code ZZ613 (basically, just wack it in your basket and checkout, following the sign up process and add the above code when the option is shown)

Now that's a Mandingo deal -- but my mate has a white one already and really want a grey bugger... White looks sh*te IMO anyway... more black and white than white... If you're after the white version though, THIS IS THE DEAL FOR YOU...
Going for it now, cheers. I'll report back how I get on. :proud: Who cares if it's white it'll fit in another case, so I heard; a Nokia one IIRC. Just got to wait and see if it arrives and then look up the case.

Thanks buddy,
this phone is exactly what i needed, finally getting it in the end.
I'm not 100% but i think the last number i saw on the payment page was for 102£.

its not one of them wise ass moves where they give you a 30 pound voucher is it?

if it is then i'll be miffed.

Thanks,
Crazy

What colour did you get mate, the black one was £99 this mornign when i checked that site - I think the price is dependant on colour

Thanks buddy,
I'm not 100% but i think the last number i saw on the payment page was for 102£.

its not one of them wise ass moves where they give you a 30 pound voucher is it?

Thanks,
Crazy

No should deffinetly show a total of £72.99 after you have added the code... It was doing it like that for me only yesterday. Remember, you have to be a first time customer and have signed up for the checking/credit account thing -- you do this as you are going through the signup process... The code expires in Febuary sometime, which is why I am leaving it for now becasue I'm sure they will get some more grey ones in stock before this code expires...

Definately chose the white one mate,
the code did register.
it even showed 72£ as the final price.

but on the very last page where my debit card verifies my details. it showed a sum of 102 quid.

i thought whatever and just ok'd it.

Thanks buddy,

Thanks,
Crazy
I created an account and here's the fine details
Order summary from 06/01/2011
Item Qty Deliver to Delivery time/date Price (including discount)
Orange San Francisco Mobile Phone 1 BNP 14 MONTHS MY ACCOUNT ADDRESS Delivery by
Friday 21 Jan
£99.00
Vouchers and Promotions
ZZ613 - GBP 30 FIRST ORDER ONLY -£30.00
Subtotal: £69.00
Delivery: £3.95
Total Including Delivery: £72.95
As you may've spotted I chose buy now - pay later (14 months) so as long as balance is paid within 14 months there's no interest charges, lol. Hope they do deliver it like they've said: by 21st Jan.

Back