HELP/ADVICE - Installing a wired 4 channel CCTV Sytem/ remote view from mobile ????

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I plan on installing one of these on a mates house, has anyone got any hints or tips ????

XVIM 4CH DVR CCTV DVR Out Indoor Surveillance Camera Home Security System 500GB | eBay

The installation looks simple enough and everything goes back to the main 500Gb DVR.

I also have a lcd to plug into the DVR to view get it set up.

If i just connect everything up and turn on will i get a view of the 4 camera's straight away on the LCD ?

ALSO he wants to remote view from either of his phones - Samsung s4 and an iphone 4.

The app the recommended on ios is KWeye but this brings up a few of them........

The router the DVR will be connected to is-

Orange Router
IP- 192.168.1.1
User - admin
Password - n6734g

Will i need to go into this to adjust anything ?

I did send the seller a message about viewing on smart phone and had this reply that i do not understand PLUS it looks as if they have their own website LOGIN, what is the purpose of this ?

This is the reply i had from seller -

Thanks for you purchased the Security camera on my store , Please do not worry we will help you to solve any problem you meet now !

If your" cellphone or PC" can not connect to the DVR please confirm 3 steps below ! there has 3 place you have to confirm!

1, Please check the P2P QRcod on you DVR,please make sure the P2P QR code states connecting (maini menu -system-P2P QRcode-make sure the "states Success")

2,If the states connecting(DVR online ) ,please login the website
http://p2p.ivs168.com
the P2P QRcod get the website) by IE Browser only

3, Before you login the website please make sure you have enable all the activeX (TOOL-Internet option-safety- Custom Level-enable all activeX )

Attention: If you get on the Internet with Router please make sure you has been set the Router already!
If you get on the internet with PPPOE,Please change the net service to PPPOE(main menu-networks-netservice-PPPOE)

After you did the 3 steps you DVR already can be watch via PC/Cellphone!

ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated as i'm sure other people have fitted this system before.

Cheers

Re: HELP/ADVICE - Installing a wired 4 channel CCTV Sytem/ remote view from mobile ??

I have a similar system that uses kmeye . If it's the same one the eve works pretty good. I use different cameras so can't comment on that. It looks like a good price but like I said I can't comment on the cameras . I use a place called domar solutions for most of my stuff but don't think they could match that price.

Re: HELP/ADVICE - Installing a wired 4 channel CCTV Sytem/ remote view from mobile ??

I have a similar system that uses kmeye . If it's the same one the eve works pretty good. I use different cameras so can't comment on that. It looks like a good price but like I said I can't comment on the cameras . I use a place called domar solutions for most of my stuff but don't think they could match that price.

What is the 'eve' and which version of kmeye do i need ?

What is the purpose of their site they have, what settings do i need to put into kmeye ?

Cheers

Sorry mate lol autocorrect on my phone. It was meant to say if it's the same one then it works pretty good.

I have used kmeye and kmeye4 and they both work well but just have a different layout. When you set the dvr up you will need to forward all the ports on the router it is connected to. Set up ddns account with someone like noip.com (it's free btw) and the kmeye app just needs the address that you set up on your ddns account the media port your dvr is set to and the user name and password . The username will be admin if it anything like the one I think it sand the password will be whatever you want it to be.

I just logged into my Linksys router as i NEVER mess with (except for protection).

It has a DDNS section and 2 options which lead to paid for ddns sites.

I also had a look into advanced routing and would not know what to put into there ?

But i would be using the free -

Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP

I use mEye on a Samsung s3...
You need to port forward in your router go into the cctv settings first and sort the port out. Mine uses 100 then add it to the router. I can log into the camera's via I.E browser as well

I just logged into my Linksys router as i NEVER mess with (except for protection).

It has a DDNS section and 2 options which lead to paid for ddns sites.

I also had a look into advanced routing and would not know what to put into there ?

But i would be using the free -

Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP

The dvr will have ddns settings you shouldn't need to touch that in the router. Just port forward in the router.

Port forward a router means NOTHING to me...lol

I will wait and see when i log into the DVR ip and see what it says in there, still none the wiser about what i actually have to port forward and how it ties into that site....

Cheers

The ddns ties the dvr to a web address as you put it. The ddns web address is actually a way of going to a website that then redirects to the I.p the dvr is on. The port forwarding is just telling your router to let your dvr communicate through certain ports.

The ddns ties the dvr to a web address as you put it. The ddns web address is actually a way of going to a website that then redirects to the I.p the dvr is on. The port forwarding is just telling your router to let your dvr communicate through certain ports.

Makes sense know, so the site just allows the phone to connect DVR directly BUT for this to be done the router needs port forwarding so that DVR can talk to the site ?

I notice the site has a download for windows, i assume that is not needed? plus does the person i am installing the DVR for need his own account for his own set-up. ?

Or could i just open an account now and enter the details when i install (plus any other DVR sysyems i may wish to add- being my own..at sometime)

Cheers guys, can you all follow this so i can post as i am trying to get things going....

VERY MUCH appreciated.

Does he really need DDNS? I'm on VM (not sure about your friend) and my IP hasn't changed for years :).

Does he really need DDNS? I'm on VM (not sure about your friend) and my IP hasn't changed for years :).

Not sure, he is on EE, it's just what some people have been telling me.

Back