Considering a San Francisco

Wow £161 for the phone

Checked my order this morning and it seems delivery is now 13th January but still out of stock.

Also got an email saying my credit account will be closed but no mention of if my order will be cancelled or not so sent another email back asking if my order stilll stands or not. If so the please cancel and if not please leave the account open as I want the phone :)

Wow £161 for the phone

Checked my order this morning and it seems delivery is now 13th January but still out of stock.

Also got an email saying my credit account will be closed but no mention of if my order will be cancelled or not so sent another email back asking if my order stilll stands or not. If so the please cancel and if not please leave the account open as I want the phone :)
where did you order it from mate,mine was from littlewoods and said the 24th but now is the 18th,still awaiting stock

littlewoods,,very,and great universal are the same company and shop direct

i got the kids a sanfran each for xmas and had a few problems, within a week my daughter locked herself out of hers when she forgot the pattern to unlock it so i had to install clockwork recovery mod, then her screen cracked at the side of one of the buttons and she swears it cracked itself anyway the orange shop wont do anything about it and it seems there are no replacement screens on the market yet,the microphone on my sons phone has packed in so thats goin back to the shop tommorrow,i think ive just been very unlucky and the phones are amazing when working and the kids love them and they are the only ones at school with them.

havent recieved my e-reciept via email or otherwise from very.
should i be concerned?

Yes mate contact them as mine came within minutes and within the hour Quidco had tracked as well.

i got the kids a sanfran each for xmas and had a few problems, within a week my daughter locked herself out of hers when she forgot the pattern to unlock it so i had to install clockwork recovery mod, then her screen cracked at the side of one of the buttons and she swears it cracked itself anyway the orange shop wont do anything about it and it seems there are no replacement screens on the market yet,the microphone on my sons phone has packed in so thats goin back to the shop tommorrow,i think ive just been very unlucky and the phones are amazing when working and the kids love them and they are the only ones at school with them.

I think the build quality of the san fran is no way near as bad as htc and iPhone fanboys like to make out it is, but I do think you might be asking for trouble sending them to school with young kids every day. I'd sort out a silcone case and screen protectors for them both if I was you to try and minimilise any damage.

Boo yakkka sharrrr. They are selling the black ones again. Just bagged one and states 26th Jan delivery.

**Edit, in my excitement, forgot to go through quidco... is there any way I can still claim quidco? claim it didn't track or what not?

When did everyone's Quidco track? I could try raising a no track issue and see if it comes through. Are yours showing in quidco now or will it show when the money goes out of your account?

Last edited:
missis ordered the white one for me as i am too impatient,not assed as will get a black cover for it lol

Mines is for the misses and she dont know abt the black one lol

weird on littlewoods they havent got the black one now,but this morn it was awaiting stock and quoted the 24th i think

mine arrived today woohoooo :proud:
Still waiting for mine, got email yesterday saying dispatched. Checked Very last night it says delivery 21st and yet it was set for delivery by 14th.

OK, partway through my de-branding, lol. I've already unlocked it and thought I'd mention about TFT/LCD and AMOLED screens. From HotUKDeals
Another way to find out if your phone is TFT or AMOLED is by dialing *983*24474636# in the dialer. Your phone will then say 1 of the following:

OLED:

LCD Information:
IC: TL2796
Glass: Samsung

TFT/LCD:

IC: NT35580
Glass: LEAD OR
Glass: TRULY
Mine says TRULY.

Last edited:
Still waiting for mine, got email yesterday saying dispatched. Checked Very last night it says delivery 21st and yet it was set for delivery by 14th.

OK, partway through my de-branding, lol. I've already unlocked it and thought I'd mention about TFT/LCD and AMOLED screens. From HotUKDeals Mine says TRULY.
mine is the sane but to me looks a good sxcreen anyway

but i also tried this

AMOLED or TFT ?

To test for AMOLED Screen ....... *983*31#

--------------------- * Do NOT press any other key after the last #
To test for LCD Screen ............. *983*3470#

--------------------
The " AMOLED" test shows some nice coloured screens , it starts with plain white and changes colour when you press the "back " ( right side ) button on the front of the phone .
------------------
If you have an "AMOLED" display the "LCD test" won't run it will just have a black screen for a second or two.
-----------------

the lcd test wont run but the amoled does and i get the colours :wtf:

oh and one other thing,the little orange badge on the back scratches of easy with your fingernail

Last edited:
The price of these phones on ebay are selling way higher than original price almost like fever buying.

Last edited:
oh and one other thing,the little orange badge on the back scratches of easy with your fingernail
Cheers for that added snippet bro. I was wondering what to do about that. I've just about done everything else... unlocked it, de-branded it, rooted it, saved firmware 2.1 to SD, upgraded to Froyo 2.2 and finally got some APN settings that'll let me on the internet, lol. Cost me a quid though to find this out, spent too long on the net whilst fussing with it, I reckon. :Clap:

The price of these phones on ebay are selling way higher than original price almost like fever buying.

Suckers mate. AMOLED's aren't that much better than the TFT versions, both have pluses and negatives but there isn't much in it. An LED off ebay will end up costing me £140-£150, OR, I can get a TFT from Very for £72.95 with some TobCashBack on the side... ... ... No brainer, lol...

Back