Configurable USB Loader Issue?

q2uantum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys, got a 4.1E wii thats been softmodded for about 8 months now and all was going well up to today....

I have been updating the configurable USB loader ever couple of weeks and last week went to v50c FAT (BUGFIX)- I never used the Cfg USB Loader since then but today my little un wanted to play on it so I was setting it up for him. When I try and open the Cfg USB Loader from the HBC I get an error saying cant access ISO 222 BUT I have a WII USB LOADER Channel/Forwarder that is looking at the CFG USB Loader and this will load the Loader Fine! But you cant change any settings in it for the games etc

(Please dont suggest other USB Loaders as I like this one :) )

Anyone any ideas what could have gone wrong all of a sudden?

Regards

q2

is channel looking at the same version of the usbloader or is it using an older version from somewhere else on the sd card.

Hi Guys, got a 4.1E wii thats been softmodded for about 8 months now and all was going well up to today....

I have been updating the configurable USB loader ever couple of weeks and last week went to v50c FAT (BUGFIX)- I never used the Cfg USB Loader since then but today my little un wanted to play on it so I was setting it up for him. When I try and open the Cfg USB Loader from the HBC I get an error saying cant access ISO 222 BUT I have a WII USB LOADER Channel/Forwarder that is looking at the CFG USB Loader and this will load the Loader Fine! But you cant change any settings in it for the games etc

(Please dont suggest other USB Loaders as I like this one :) )

Anyone any ideas what could have gone wrong all of a sudden?

Regards

q2

hi m8 you need to install IOS 222 with this app View attachment 50054
put it in your app folder and run it from homebrew channel
then put the app folder onto your hdd

edogg

hi m8 you need to install IOS 222 with this app View attachment 50054
put it in your app folder and run it from homebrew channel
then put the app folder onto your hdd

edogg

How would IOS 222 uninstall itself? It has been working fine for last 8 months and then suddenly this!

I am going to downgrade CFG USB Loader as I have just noticed there is a .bak file for the boot.dol of it :) Well I will do once the missis stops watching the Z List Big Brother thats on lol If that doesnt work I will try the IOS 222 Install that you suggested and let you know.

Regards

q2

in that case all you have to do is rename them both = boot.dol to boot.bak and boot.dol.bak to boot.dol and it should work again

i didn't notice you had updated the config usbloader. when i updated mine that is what happened to me the boot.dol that is cfg50_fat32.dol file gets replaced in the update with a non fat32 boot.dol so just swapping the files will make it work again and be careful about updating.

edogg

Went back to older version then Upgraded again to 50c (standard one) and all is working well. I could see though that If i picked 50c FAT - that thereis an option called IOS=222_m(summut) - so it is set to use ISO222 from the start - think if i had editored that line it would have worked :)

Cheers for the info though guys - much apreciated.

q2

Back