Wii with homebrew channel

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi Guys

just found my old WII and wanted to let the daughter play on it but I cant remember how I played games off the USB HDD I have just installed 2 games on a fresh HDD through wii backup manager but when I goto mount usb on neogamma it just does not do anything?
does the sd card still need to be in the machine as I notice it hasn't got one

any help appreciated

I cant find the sd card are there any other options Spud , ?

im guessing a micro sd card and adapter will work?

Nintendo.

Following the release of Wii Menu 4.0, you can now use High Capacity SD cards with up to 32GB of storage space. Before the upgrade, the biggest memory card you could use was 2GB.

Yes give it a shot m8

Do you already have homebrew? If so, you can download LoaderGX and put it in the apps folder on your SD card. (if you don't have one, make one)

hi spud

yes I have hombrew channel and loader gx but no sd card

sort the sd card out ,and format it with the wii the make a folder apps and copy the LoaderGX over to it

homebrew on most of the apps is just a short cut so you can load it from your sd card

ok mate I will give that a go when I get my sd card.

thanks.

try using your micro sd and adapter

and on your external hard drive best to format with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool fist and then use wii backup manager to copy your games over

Get it here

Just sent you a pm for a good link to get more wii backups from :)

Fast download using Mega and google drive

spot on mate thank you very much , your help is appreciated and I will try this tomorrow once I get an sd card.

Thanks Spud :)

sort the sd card out ,and format it with the wii the make a folder apps and copy the LoaderGX over to it

homebrew on most of the apps is just a short cut so you can load it from your sd card

Hi Spud

all up and running on the loaderGX

thanks again

Hi Spud

all up and running on the loaderGX

thanks again

Hi Spud

not sure whats happened but since putting more games on the USB It does not work anymore , it shows the games but when I try to load them it just goes black then reboots to main wii scree?

any ideas what could be wrong

Never had that problem before but give this a shot ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back