HP Printers and Outside Printing Costs

Redgun71

DW Regular ++
Reaction score
I was given an old HP printer about 5 years ago and it did the job but the paper feed was crap, always uneven and never straight but I put that down to it being old/2nd hand.
Then 2 years old ago I decide to buy a new, a HP2620 (£30) I know it cheap and basic but only needed it for the odd print out and scan, also there was the offer of 15 free print pages a month.
Since then I always have to force the first couple of pages into the feed rollers to start the printing, the first free bundled black ink cartridge ran out after 30 pages, then I needed to print some urgent paperwork so went out and bought a official black ink cartridge for £15.
That lasted about 150 page before using the free shipped black HP ink cartridge which has been streaking every now and again since I used it but not so much as the colour ink cartridge.

Today I needed to print a 2 page letter, my fxxxing HP print feeder rollers doesn't want to grip any light (70GSM) or heavy (90GSM) paper and when it does only half the print comes out onto the paper. So I go onto the HP support website page using the digital assistant chat to get some support as well as trying to tell them that they should not charge me for any excess pages in my 15 page monthly allowance. The digital assistant chat was no help and redirect me to a live customer support chat which was closed, it is bloody midday and there is no customer support, sxxx printers and sxxx customer support.

That left me to go down to my local computer/internet shop a 15 mins walk away, not too bad to get my frustrations out the way considering it was nice and sunny with lots of eye candy walking the streets.
But as soon I walked into the shop I was hit by hot air, I don't think the owners have heard of air conditioning, they had 4 desktops, 1 laptop and 2 industrial size laser printer/photocopier/scanner running in a plain glass South West facing shop, it was like a greenhouse.
Luckily was only going to be there for less than 5 mins, I told them I needed to print 2 B/W pages of a Word document from my USB stick and asked how much would it cost, the reply £1 to use the computer for up to 30 mins and 10p per B/W page.
£1.20 for 2 B/W print outs!!!
I paid it seeing as I had no alternative, they must have been raking it in during the lock down and well after it.

My library is still closed due to Covid. But is cheap for printing and free use of pc’s.

My nearest library is about 25 mins walk away, I know you can use PC's there but didn't know you can print things out as it is a library 🤫

Back