Coffee machine. Which one to buy?

well im looking to buy this week going to be one of these de'longhi Magnifica ESAM04.320.S or de'longhi Perfecta ESAM5400 can't see much real difference though

The other half has a nespresso gran maestria platinum its very good mind

I read somewhere they all have the same insides from expensive to the cheaper esam.

Yes all the same, just the controls, displays (newer are digital) and casings are different, coffee taste is the same ;)

ordered the same one as moamb from john lewis, now need to get milk jug and some espresso cups. anyone bother with the thermometer thing for jug or not

tried for a few days now noticed milk got cold quickly think the cup warming plate might be rubbish. now i put boiled water in cup to warm it up. anyone else notice this ?
also using paddy and scott coffee at the minute got cheap from work

The Nespresso ones are fairly cheap and give a good quality coffee, loads of different flavours/syles too. hardly any cleaning required after use, easy to work. My only issue with them, the cartridges are about £3.50-£4.00 and they are a very moreish in certain flavours. You can quite easily spend £15-20 per week on cartridges and for that, it may be worthwhile going for a more expensive machine that you just put beans/ground beans in.

I have an Nespresso U at work and it is a great little machine for hassle free coffees, not for the coffee purist and pods are a little awkward to get as online or
nespresso shop only

Looking for some advice from you coffee drinkers.
Seen this on Amazon's deal of the day
Philips Senseo HD7814 Black Coffee Machine: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home
Not expecting it to be brilliant for 30 quid but wondering if it'll be ok. Can get a duck & trial/error to find a nice coffee.
Can't really justify much more I'm the only coffee drinker in the house & I only really drink it 2 days a week.
Any advice appreciated.
HH.

edit, had a look on HUKD, seems it goes lower in price regularly so think I'll hold off for now.

Last edited:
We also have a DeLonghi unit for 3 years now. Great product

Back