bean-to-cup coffee machine

eder

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Yo folks, I splashed out on a bean to cup coffee machine and wondering if anyone else has one and could share their experience on good coffee beans?

I know this can be a bit subjective based on each taste, but interested on experiences, specially the ones to avoid! haha...happy Thursday.

Yo folks, I splashed out on a bean to cup coffee machine and wondering if anyone else has one and could share their experience on good coffee beans?

I know this can be a bit subjective based on each taste, but interested on experiences, specially the ones to avoid! haha...happy Thursday.
Son in law swears by talors

I have esam4200, can't beat fresh coffee.
Theres some decent choices on Amazon or you can order freshly ground you just need to find what you like first.
Lot of messing around to get exactly what you like and the correct grind to set it at.
You could try Lidl 200g packs of beans to start with to get used to machine, do not bother with lavazza they are mediocre at best imo.

The best coffee I have had in the UK was from the Monmouth coffee shop in London. I have not tried their beans as I don’t own a machine but they have a decent selection of beans. Dark woods coffee is pretty decent as well imo.

also looking for a coffee machine for the partner and for me as im sick of cleaning there coffee kettle thing. I dont drink coffee myself but know they would like one that takes the pods.

Any suggestions. Would prefer a machine that takes pods that can be easily found in super market or online.

also looking for a coffee machine for the partner and for me as im sick of cleaning there coffee kettle thing. I dont drink coffee myself but know they would like one that takes the pods.

Any suggestions. Would prefer a machine that takes pods that can be easily found in super market or online.
We have the Nespresso inissia.
Bought it off a pal who didn’t use it.
Decent little machine for making shots of coffee then I use a Dualit milk frother for the milk. We mainly use for shots of espresso but it does tall cups of coffee but not tried it for that.

Takes compatible pods.
Aldi pods are not bad and our local Home Bargains stock Costa pods which are decent as well.

For the past three years I have been getting my coffee beans on line from "The Love Of Coffee"
I highly recommend them for all their varieties of coffee bean but especially their French vanilla flavoured bean.

The wife bought us a machine at crimbo "Breville barista max" took a bit of get used to how fine to grind the beans and such like, loads of videos on the tube, loads of different beans to choose from, I stopped drinking instant coffee a while ago, but always like the fresh stuff latte for the win, i suppose the pod machines are easy to use alot less messing, not sure on what the cost implications are as beans cost and pod cost, I get about 58 latte's from a 1kg bag of beans.

she usually only has about 1 coffee a day or less so i dont think much of a need for a bean -> coffee machine. The wife I'd no coffee judge. i want something thats as easy as possible to clean. The pods seem the way to go. Some of the machines you can only buy the pods online and thats not what i want. I want pods you can buy in most super markets.

Looking at aldi and lidls they have pods for nespresso and nescafe machines so I went and bought the nescafe one. Cost about €70 but looks easy to use and clean.

Will let ye know how it goes.

Had a Tassimo for years. Love most of the coffees available for it. Have seen somewhere that you can refill the pods as part a kit. Seems like a lot of mess for a quick espresso

Back