CISS system crap, any tips?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought one of those CISS ink systems for my epson R320 a while back, and have only just started using it

and the amount of paper ive thrown out is unreal, im trying to print 4 A4 pages of just text, and it either comes out just yellow squares where theres boxes on the page, or covered in huge blobs of black ink

if the reseviors are too low, all the ink drains from the printer back into it, too high and it just pisses all over the pages

how the hell are you meant to get these things working?

it wont be long and itll be in the bin, over 2 hours to print 4 pages, ill be going to asdas and buying a new one

The resevoir needs to be on the same level as the printer.

Above it will drain them into the printer.

Below and it will drain the cartridges into the resevoir.

Ive used mine for months havnt had a problem and wouldn't use anything else my system is for the epson r285.

Once you have it at the same level clean the print heads etc and try again. I drained them once by having them above the printer i had to dissasemble the printer and clean it out most of the ink had soaked into the sponges in the waste compartment so check that if you can.

the tubes come out of the bottom of the resioviors, but into the top of the cartridges, so piled up on 7 dvd cases behind the printer, which as its a disc printer with sliding tray as well means they going to get totalled, 7 cases is too low, but 8 cases is too high

only thing i can think of is to suspend it with string from the ceilin lol

may have helped if it came with instructions as well though

the tubes come out of the bottom of the resioviors, but into the top of the cartridges, so piled up on 7 dvd cases behind the printer, which as its a disc printer with sliding tray as well means they going to get totalled, 7 cases is too low, but 8 cases is too high

only thing i can think of is to suspend it with string from the ceilin lol

may have helped if it came with instructions as well though

no m8 the bottom of the resovoir wants be level with the bottom of your printer.

like so http://cartridgestore.com.my/catalog/images/CISS DIY/MX318-W-CISS.gif

Mine is a disc printer too.

Last edited:
tried that m8, it sucks the ink out of the carts, leaves them drier than dutcho dipped in talc

hmmm

looking at the photo you posted, the rubber bungs on the top have got the smaller one lifted, i did notice that lifting the larger bung, the ink went pissing everywhere

ill try it again with the smaller bung unplugged on all the tanks a min :)

great :(

fookin ink all over me, up the wall, and all over the place now

poxy fookin thing

pub time

great :(

fookin ink all over me, up the wall, and all over the place now

poxy fookin thing

pub time

sorry digi but i was pissing myself when i read that.....hope you get it sorted....wish you had taken a pic :banana:

hmmm

looking at the photo you posted, the rubber bungs on the top have got the smaller one lifted, i did notice that lifting the larger bung, the ink went pissing everywhere

ill try it again with the smaller bung unplugged on all the tanks a min :)

Yeah you open the top part of the rubber bungs and then use the one way valves that look like ufo's.

These allow the air in but don't allow the ink out. Very important lol.

You can see him fitting them on this vid.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86xPmuMqd3c&feature=related]YouTube - Continuous Ink System CIS CISS For EPSON R200 R220 R300 R320[/ame]

looks like i had an incomplete kit then :( as it didnt come with anything like that

Were did you get it m8 can you not get onto them and tell them? If not im sure you would be able to buy em from somewere.

got it from a link on DW somewhere ages ago, but as i had so many cartridges (a bag full lol) it was put to one side untill needed. ive got the full (incomplete) kit and extra bottles of ink

i have to say, this system is total shite, the worst thing ive ever bought to make life easier. ive gone through nearly 500 sheets of paper, fook knows how many towels, the colour smudges as the sheets come out, black only prints on the edges, no wait, it dont print, it spills, the only colours that print properly are red and blue

total w@nk

for sale, the entire kit, plus 7 sealed bottles of ink, £20 ono to whoever wants to collect it

crap

i have to say, this system is total shite, the worst thing ive ever bought to make life easier. ive gone through nearly 500 sheets of paper, fook knows how many towels, the colour smudges as the sheets come out, black only prints on the edges, no wait, it dont print, it spills, the only colours that print properly are red and blue

total w@nk

for sale, the entire kit, plus 7 sealed bottles of ink, £20 ono to whoever wants to collect it

crap

£20 you say?

sounds like a right bargain m8 :)

just bought 30 proper cartridges off egay for £13, im only trying to print out 5 sheets to put in with a satellite receiver, its a fkin joke how much paper and ink its wasted

im going up the pub, its done my skull in now

lol ive got a system for r200 and the rx685 and dont have any bother.
stop dipping ur member in in the ink pots.

Back