Chorus and NTL Ireland Keyroll - Discuss here

i don't know the rest of the users, but i had lots of problems with mgcamd in the past. The screen was freezing quite often and when i started using evocamd all problems where solved, so i wouldn't recommend the hassle of editing SoftCam.key for mgcamd, at least in Cork area... it's just a suggestion

Using an simple editor and editing a few digits is hassle for you?

HI All

Have MGcamd working on 7025+ change the SoftCam.Key file using TuxCommander with remote
Evocamd works for a few seconds after editing Keylist.txt
600pvr working fine with Evocamd will try MGcamd later

Apparently these are the correct keys...can't test though...

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1672377_keys3408.JPG
Back working for me now. Thanks for all the posts on this. It made fixing it easy peasy (which for me
is an achievement I can tell you!)

Minor advisory:
I think your jpg might be a digit out on 00 for N*L compared to other posts. should be 20 rather than 30.

Thanks again folks,
Keep up the good work
/Markiebec

yeah got the keylist fix working for me now

for what it's worth I had problems before and had to reflash box with a backup for a clean start,
I was messing about last night and this morning and must have screwed something,
I had deleted everything nagra 10 and 11 as suggested in some early post but it would not work with this done
The keylist swap would work immediatley but stop after a couple of minutes

I'm on 600T CLi....

are we going to be manually updating these boxes for a while

what other options are available

is there anything I can do with the card in my chorus box

id say we will be updating them for a while mate and they tend to roll every 3-4 days

are we going to be manually updating these boxes for a while

what other options are available

is there anything I can do with the card in my chorus box

You could use tuxbox commander and edit the key file and add one to the seventh position of a wrong rom7 autoupdate.
Currently you should get A at the seventh position of a wrong key00 update for chorus and you have to replace it with B. You should also correct key01.
Its also a good idea to switch to a none scrambled channel before your editing and restart the emu after.

id say we will be updating them for a while mate and they tend to roll every 3-4 days

Hi, When they change again how can we see what it is changed to and also is it just incrementing by one in which case we may be able to add a script to the blue button menu to update the file.

the box-t worked no problems for me and you can get the working keys from a working box but dont worry they will be posted in a few places

You could use tuxbox commander and edit the key file and add one to the seventh position of a wrong rom7 autoupdate.
Currently you should get A at the seventh position of a wrong key00 update for chorus and you have to replace it with B. You should also correct key01.
Its also a good idea to switch to a none scrambled channel before your editing and restart the emu after.

mgb, check your info, the A should be a 2, not a B!!!!!

guys I am on CLi 600T image, I have it working with they keys fix,

I have the box networked and have tried all the different cams available on download, only evocamd 214 works ..

I can play around with some more if anyone can tell me where to get them and how to put them in manually

I have 2 boxes so I am happy to help by trying peoples suggestions as I can use one box for testing ideas

keep me posted . . . cheers for all the help so far . . .

maybe we should give someone a scholarship to emu school . . . . . .

Last edited:
Latest image?

Does anyone now of a image for the 600T for Chro*s mmds that gets past the key roll problem? I can't get my pc to communicate with dreambox.Its running vista so I was an old pc with rs232 port and null modem cable to flash the box. Thanks in advance.

there is no dreambox image at the minute that will work automatically with the new keyroll,

all the usual images will work if you can manually update the keys yourself,
the problem lies in the emus handling of the new keyroll, none of them can handle it...

I dont know how or if vista will work with the rs232 to flash a box, you might have to do it via your router
there are guides here to explain how it's done.....

Last edited:
ntl dub down again

hi just noticed here while watching that my box is down . i dont the keylist.txt upgrade and things where fine.

is the boxes down again in north dublin ? d500c .

is there somethign about an autokey ? do u have to do something with that ?

i have just found out using TUX that one set of keys has disappeared from the keylist file .
i just replaced the file again.

does anyone know why this is happening ?

cheers , it working for now.

Last edited:
I have a 500 c and I updated the Rom 7 line from tuxbox commandar. Worked perfectly. Spoke to a friend over the phone who is using a 500t. He did not seem to have the same digists within his keylists.txt file as the 500c. Does anyone know what the lines are to input when using the tuxbox commandar on 500t?

I'm not hugely cpu savy. I have a crossover cable. But I don;t know how to ftp to the box to replace the keylists.txt file that glic83 put in the downloads section. ANy help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

there is no dreambox image at the minute that will work automatically with the new keyroll,

all the usual images will work if you can manually update the keys yourself,
the problem lies in the emus handling of the new keyroll, none of them can handle it...

I dont know how or if vista will work with the rs232 to flash a box, you might have to do it via your router
there are guides here to explain how it's done.....

Thanks for the info Ginkman. Just to say I'm using an old pc with a rs232 port to flash the image, which is mr. dude one.
I'll check out the net to see can I talk to the dreambox with my vista laptop. Havng trouble even finding where you can change the network connections on my laptop in order to facilatate comms.

Back