Chorus and NTL Ireland Keyroll - Discuss here

Blast another keyroll today, but I'm learning to handle it.

Found a way to work out the latest key change.

Step 1 : Remove keylist entries from Keylist.txt
Step 2 : Restart evocamd. Wait approx 1 min until new keys are populated into Keylist.txt file
Step 3 : Incriment 9th char on 01 key by 1 i.e. A becomes B

Worked for me

Regards

Tradman

Blast another keyroll today, but I'm learning to handle it.

Found a way to work out the latest key change.

Step 1 : Remove keylist entries from Keylist.txt
Step 2 : Restart evocamd. Wait approx 1 min until new keys are populated into Keylist.txt file
Step 3 : Incriment 9th char on 01 key by 1 i.e. A becomes B

Worked for me

Regards

Tradman

I am trying this, but my keylist never re-populates

any idea why it doesn't pick up the new wrong keys and how to make it do so

I am on 600T CLi and go into var/keys/keylist.txt

cheers . . . .

Interesting observation from yesterdays key roll - key 00 is correct, and key 01 is out by the usual character in the generated Keylist.txt file.

Did you disable the Auto Update setting? This will prevent new keys from being recorded... I came across it in a couple of the guides on here as a suggestion to help keep the edited keys in place.

It's the AU = { 00 } line in the cfg file (can't remember the exact name of it, but it's obvious from TuxCommander) and should be set to 01 instead to allow autoupdate. Once it's enabled you'll have to reboot and let it sit on an encrypted channel for a few minutes.

Last edited:
I'll have a look and see again, I am pretty sure it is at AU = 01 . .

but I am not getting any new keys

has the keys supposto have changed today as my keys are correct and i have all the channles just reading this it seems as if the keys have changed again this morning but they dont appear to have here in yorkshire

I'll have a look and see again, I am pretty sure it is at AU = 01 . .

but I am not getting any new keys
You should set it to 02 or the next EMM will insert wrong keys again.
Beside that the rom files must be present for AU and Keylist.txt must be writeable.
If you got the new keys switch to a none scrambled channel, correct the key and restart evocamd. If the key in use is valid the option 02 will stop evocamd from AU with wrong keys.
Evocamd will check the first key00 or key01 starting from top of keylist.txt. The other keys below are only history.

Ginkman,

If you go into /var/keys/camd_cfg .... the EMM messages should be set to M:[2] if you want to show the valid and bad EMM's
My Softcam.key file also updates with valid and bad EMM's.

I'm up and running again.... Only MGcamd_1.22 is working but very glitchy ... every few mins frozen screen.

Any ideas? The Evocamd 2.14 isn't working ! Any ideas ?

Mgb, Can you help ? Really Annoying !

Jaffy1

evo 214 works flawless here, some people think they can be affected regionally, don't know about that...

delete all the softcams with the remote

1st. go to softcams and select 'Common Interface'
then go into download manager and uninstall all the softcams
then redownload evocamd 214 only
restart it in softacms and it should work fine . .

I found mgcamd very glitchy and I think it interferes with evo when they are in there together . . .good luck ..

Ginkman,

I dont have my 600T connected to internet.
To uninstall softcams do I go into Addon Manager and Downloads ?
Where do I go from here?
I used DreamUp and Null Modem to flash CLi image provided by osborne82 on 22 Dec.

Might it be advisable to use a backup of your CLi image?

Talk soon,
Jaffy1

@Jaffy1

you just need the remote
you would need the box connected to the internet to download a new softcam
so don uninstall them all if you haaven't

press blue button - go to addon manager and downloads - ok - go to addon manager

you'll see the plugins listed there, delete the ones you dont want

start the softcam again when your done

as I've said, we tried a lot of them here and found evo 214 the most reliable...lol

well done to everyone involved to get the dm500 t working again the new roms work a treat:banana:

Back