chip in wii

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok ive got a chipped wii one from when they first came out and everyone was doing it in fact it was di8gidude who helped me
9still haqvnt got back my wee mi by the way digi) who did it ,is there a way where i can do away with the chip and still play (cough) games ? i read somewhere if you do this and do that it can be done but cant remember where lol reason being my granddaughter still plays it but im finding some of the games refuse to play now proberly cause ive not kept it up to date

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think you could do away with the chip and then use homebrew to softmod the Wii.

"Do away" as in "forget about it" rather than "remove it from dvd rom" as that would involve de-soldering.

Modmii is the way to go.

it's Ok to softmod ..chipped an original wii back in the day nefore the softmods were released but then just did the softmod left the chip in place ..has been working since :)

If only we had modmii back then it would have saved a lot of time ..as I remember soldering that PIC on the DVD drive was really diffucult and took forever ..even had to buy a freaky screw driveer to get the case apart ..those were the days :)

I would leave the chip in and update. Modmii is good for this kind of thing. A good place to start is to also do a nand backup and a seperate one again when you have finished. This way if you brick your wii then you can restore the backup using bootmii. Are you planning to install HBC and Hackmii as boot2/ios. Like i said everything you need is in modmii. Once you are done of you have any problems then download a wii system report using syscheck. You can read up on this on wiibrew

ok I've downloaded all the stuff to do soft mod on wii i .? need more help im not 100% how to do it right ?is there an updated soft mod?m using modmi it says its up to date but just wondered if there is anything else ?you reakon i can leave chip in? back up ? do i just do everything onto an sd card?

modmii automatically checks for updates, so if it says its up to date, then you have the latest.. :)

just follow the guide until you get stuck (if you get stuck), then we will help with whatever is giving you problems.. :)

letterbomb is for 4.3 version wii only.

what you need to do is look see which version wii you have, modmii will ask which version wii you have and suggest a suitable method for modding.

PS, all wii's can now be soft modded without the need for disks...

letterbomb is for 4.3 version wii only.

what you need to do is look see which version wii you have, modmii will ask which version wii you have and suggest a suitable method for modding.

PS, all wii's can now be soft modded without the need for disks...

yep its defo 4.3 e checked all that

crack on then.. :)

you will want to select the wiibrand method of modding,
this is modmii's own version of letterbomb i think...

ok took my wii in my hands and manged without much diffuculty to do the letterbomb thing and i have now installed the
"Homebrew channel" i have also followed the soft mod guide and downloaded all the stuff that was on it
question what will i need to put onto the card next?

cheers buzzer all I did was copy the 2 files from the letter bomb I then installed modmi! ( is that right)please bear with a numpty lol was wondering what else I should load,I seen something that said about USB loader and other things,the reason I'm taking my time and asking questions is it my granddaughters and if I make a mistake don't want to see what a 6 year old can do :roflmao:

Abu mate I downloaded stuff and just don't want to make a mistake but I appreciate all the help

Back