Chelsea Thread

Congratulations guys,stuck to your game plan and got the three points

As much as that was embarrassing for champions elect, if it had been us I would have no complaints at this stage of the season :)

Arsenal to win next week and the mighty Man city will be above Man United if they win there next two games. Lovely, now, where is my beer. :Cheers:. I could crush a grape. :)

Oh dear @miggy is going to be let down again,not sure how much more he can take :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations guys,stuck to your game plan and got the three points

As much as that was embarrassing for champions elect, if it had been us I would have no complaints at this stage of the season :)

In all honesty I was cringing, I could understand it if it was an almighty title clash but Chelsea have room to spare.

Great news for us though, we are feared again and Mourinho has not once took Van Gaal on in the media.
The fear is back and today we take a lot from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep that bloke lad 30% possession at home !!
If 18 teams in the premier league played like Chelsea sky sports would end up free and we would be out of an hobby.

This possession nonsense is really ridiculous, if we had this bloke, if this fella done this, then that would have happened, if only that shot had been ten feet lower.

If my Uncle Willie was born a woman he'd be my Aunt Fanny.

Let me put it in very simple terms. 11 men one side, 11 men another side, two goals, one ball. If one team puts ball in goal more than the other they win.

We did, you didn't .

This possession nonsense is really ridiculous, if we had this bloke, if this fella done this, then that would have happened, if only that shot had been ten feet lower.

If my Uncle Willie was born a woman he'd be my Aunt Fanny.

Let me put it in very simple terms. 11 men one side, 11 men another side, two goals, one ball. If one team puts ball in goal more than the other they win.

We did, you didn't .

Listen to your Uncle Fanny Mr @gasman and take it on the chin man.Believe me it hurts but there is always the following week to look forward to hopefully.:(

Uncle fanngy hasn't quite grasped how the beautiful game can be made to look ugly. We all know what's going to happen between now and the end and Matic and Zouma in DM will be a star feature.
Fair play if it works but there's now argument for it not being an abysmal watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couldn't watch that every week though, thank Christ he wasn't wanted at United.

Couldn't watch that every week though, thank Christ he wasn't wanted at United.

It's not been every week though has it, we wouldn't be 11 points clear of you with a game in hand if it had been ;)

I don't think any top club would of played it different yesterday to be honest, we had no fit strikers except an ageing Drogba who should not be playing more than 45 minutes, so no other option than to pack the midfield, defend and hit on the counter, we did a job that in all intents and purposes won us the league, as I said earlier, ugly ? yes, but so what

Shush miggs it's all City's fault that Chelsea are 11 points clear. Had your shower made a decent fist of it we might have had a title race.
Mourinho even made Madrid look dreary.

United had no fit strikers either to be fair, as they had to play their best one in a makeshift midfield and still managed to outplay Chelsea in every position.
Hazard has been the difference in the last 6 weeks but as stated its job done and it's a great sign for other clubs that Mourinho still hasn't got the brass for a fight, showed exactly what he was about yesterday and against PSG earlier.
Van Gaal has nothing to worry about if you ask me.

As a neutral (I dislike both teams equally) the result was probably fair but a dreadful match to watch, Chelsea really know how to kill a spectacle don't they? They will go on to win the EPL, probably with ease, however, they certainly lack the flair of many teams behind them.

The only really sour note for me was that appalling dive by Herrera right at the death, blatant cheating, something that I would like to see eradicated. I think that players who have dived in order to win a penalty should receive a one match retrospective ban. They might think twice then.

Uncle fanngy hasn't quite grasped how the beautiful game can be made to look ugly. We all know what's going to happen between now and the end and Matic and Zouma in DM will be a star feature.
Fair play if it works but there's now argument for it not being an abysmal watch.

I sometimes wonder whether some fans would prefer games to to be judged on style alone. Maybe three judges could hold up score cards at the end of the game with the winners being those adjudged to have played the prettiest football, irrespective of the final scoreline.

The way the game panned out completely suited us. We could afford to draw, you had to win. That's the advantage you give yourself when you've built up a big lead and a healthy goal difference. For all of your possession and huffing and puffing, you didn't do a lot with it.
How many saves did Courtois even make?

If MUFC are such a brilliant team and LVG is such a brilliant manager then why didn't he devise a counter plan to lure us out of position?
Not exactly rocket science. That's the trouble with being a one trick pony I guess.

This is a quote from Sky today. Pay particular attention to the last sentence...

During the second half, in particular, with Eden Hazard having given them a first-half lead, Chelsea showed little appetite for possession. Mourinho’s men had just 28.8 per cent of the ball after the break but seldom can a team have seen so little of it and looked so comfortable. This was control without controlling possession.

100% spot-on.

Looks a bit like this
a86289c47dabb34bcb921d31ede99fdd.jpg

It was poor finishing and vital injuries that gave us that result, not some genius plan to control the game without the ball. hopefully you realise that's just sitting deep and hoping to counter, because that's all that means lol.
The plan to draw Chelsea out was quite clear but it meant one of the center halfs stepping out to lure a movement from Chelsea's back 10, it worked on more than a few occasions and Mourinho countered it after half time by pressing the play a little higher ie on the half way line instead of the edge of their area. Van Gaal realising this then asked United for width and finally brought in Di Maria and Januzaj in an attempt to go around the bus instead of through it.

Chelsea do this in every single game and it's well drilled, when it's 11 v 11 it's extremely difficult to break down its exactly how smaller clubs survive against the bigger ones, Mourinho just happens to use it regardless.
c18cd5cdb1d07f9e04a60dfac1e8f7d2.jpg

0b0a8580e1e04cd9707006a24b03b792.jpg

And that's exactly why these images exist, it's just parking the bus, but if 'control without the ball' makes it feel better that's cool ;)

Mourhino is a modern day George Graham only Arsenal and George got slated more often by the press and opposition team supporters.

When playing mainly the top 4 Mourhino plays for the result, if he needs to win, his tactics will be more positive/attacking. Yesterday the tactics (soak up any pressure and counter attack) would have stayed the same regardless of whether Chelsea was or wasn't 1-0 up.
Man U had confidence and some form, if this game was earlier in the season (when Man U was still getting used to LVG tactics) Mourhino would of set the team up to be much more attacking regardless of Costa and Remy being fit or not.
Mourhino's or anyone else tactics is acceptable against Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, etc..... but why not in the Premiership?

Control or possession means f*** all if you can't take advantage/score from it, I seen it many times against us under Wenger, 1st half 65-75% possession against a lot of teams, then one break away or corner and the opposition scores. My gambling mates used to bet £10 on home games that the opposition would win/be leading the 1st half and Arsenal win the 2nd half but would rarely bet when we played Chelsea or Man U.

Like all managers Mourinho is hypocritical, talks about other teams "Parking the bus" or "Playing football from the 19th century" but says nothing when he adopts the same tactics.

Football funny old game!

Looks a bit like this
a86289c47dabb34bcb921d31ede99fdd.jpg

It was poor finishing and vital injuries that gave us that result, not some genius plan to control the game without the ball. hopefully you realise that's just sitting deep and hoping to counter, because that's all that means lol.
The plan to draw Chelsea out was quite clear but it meant one of the center halfs stepping out to lure a movement from Chelsea's back 10, it worked on more than a few occasions and Mourinho countered it after half time by pressing the play a little higher ie on the half way line instead of the edge of their area. Van Gaal realising this then asked United for width and finally brought in Di Maria and Januzaj in an attempt to go around the bus instead of through it.

Chelsea do this in every single game and it's well drilled, when it's 11 v 11 it's extremely difficult to break down its exactly how smaller clubs survive against the bigger ones, Mourinho just happens to use it regardless.
c18cd5cdb1d07f9e04a60dfac1e8f7d2.jpg

0b0a8580e1e04cd9707006a24b03b792.jpg

And that's exactly why these images exist, it's just parking the bus, but if 'control without the ball' makes it feel better that's cool ;)

Perhaps other Managers should take note then because it has obviously worked for Mourinho hasn't it?. Perhaps we could all park the bus and fook off for a brew for 90 mins Mr @gasman?. As stated before take it on the chin and move on we all have to move on after a defeat. You caught Man City off form @gasman that's all, it doesn't mean you are now invincible again does it?. :)

lol we played Man City off the park mate, just like we did Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs. Thems the breaks though and of course Mourinhos tactics work, they've been working for decades. Uniteds problem started before the game losing Carrick and then compounded by Blind missing out after spaceship head tried to take his leg off last weekend, shows just important Carrick is to this current United side, we are a totally different animal in attack when he's controlling the game.
I was quite pleased to be honest, wasn't the result but it was certainly a performance and with each one it does look for all the more that United are getting back to their best.

9033b3bef054677f2b986f20241e5288.jpg

Back