Cheaper broadband n*l

warner said:
m8, who with, nt*?

Yes they cocked up somewhere along the way. I lost connection phoned them up and they put me back on . After that though my bills were £17.99. Had another problem with connections and they said because of the trouble they would give me broadband for £9.99

I've had a similar situtation with tele**est. I was on dial up and decided to move over to broadband. There was only 99p difference in the two prices £14.99 for the unlimited dial up or £14.99 for 256 broadband. The installation went wrong and even after I told them that I needed to have access around the house, they installed one wired connection.

Complained to Chief Executive Office, and they arranged for a wireless system to be installed. The chap in the CEO office actual went out and purchased a wireless router as he said the system tele**est was currently installing was causing problems and he arranged, after seeking authority from his Boss, for 10 months rental to be credited monthly to my account.

I should add however, like everyone here, I did tell them that I was going to close my account with them and I have been a customer with them for maybe 8 years. It pays to persist!

Best of all, they have upgraded my 256 to 512 for free!

ukonline offer 8meg line for £29.99

hi,
thanx to this thread i now have 2mb broadband on ntl for 10.99 a month.

get it matched to ic24.net.

brilliant saving and v.fast speeds.

thanks to o.p.

Zobnsaf

I tried to get matched to ic24, but was only offered as low as £15.50.

I say only, I'll be well chuffed if this appears on the next bill, the real ic24 tariff reverts to £16.99 after 3 months.

Also supposed to get £11 taken off the tv base pack. Will believe this when I see it.

Thanks everyone.

Top find this one ,just been onto n*l, they checked but could not find bt offer (9.99) but said they would do the 3 for £30 offer,(tv/phone/broadband) because i have all 3 they dropped overall price by £9 per month. well chuffed.
crackin find gazza,well done mate saves me £108 per year yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

any 3meg deals anywhere that i can blackmail em to match? currently pay 37.99

Cheers m8, 17.99 down to 9.99 (result) , just give them a call. :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Tell em bulldog do 8meg for £17.50
How much they willing to drop it to.

h**p://www.bulldogbroadband.com/residential/XPNP/NP/index.asp

fibzy said:
any 3meg deals anywhere that i can blackmail em to match? currently pay 37.99

Just ring up and ask them like I did, I spoke to a nice lady who told me all the latest deals on broadband, 1MB is £9.99 for 12 months and 2MB is £19.99 for 6 months did not ask about 3MB. NTL's special offers change every 3 months so if you ring up every 3 months you will get a better deal.

If you get nowhere ring cancellations they have greater power to give you a better deal.

Well happy chaps i called up ntl customers relations and told em i wanna better deal has ive seen better elswhere i was paying 24.99 for the 2meg package she then asked me how much i saw it for elsewhere i wasnt brave enuff to say 9.99 so i tried £13, she then told me she is willing to cut it to 12.50 YIPPIE well pleased half price bleaking hell just goes to show what a five minute call could save ya!!!!!!!!!

Thanks chaps.

bigga said:
Well happy chaps i called up ntl customers relations and told em i wanna better deal has ive seen better elswhere i was paying 24.99 for the 2meg package she then asked me how much i saw it for elsewhere i wasnt brave enuff to say 9.99 so i tried £13, she then told me she is willing to cut it to 12.50 YIPPIE well pleased half price bleaking hell just goes to show what a five minute call could save ya!!!!!!!!!

Thanks chaps.

doesn't beat my £9.99 but good deal anyway. Thing is people can get 4MB for £14.99 so its not conning ntl

EDIT: should add the £14.99 for 4MB is not with ntl

just bin readin this and i have basic broadband through n hell telly phone and talk anytime think i should give them a ring. sorry but can someone give me a clue what to say dont even like hagglin at a car boot sale but they get over 60 quid off me a month :puke:

Just seen this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4749987.stm

"Cable firm NTL has upped the basic speeds of its broadband offering to 10Mbps.

Subscribers will get a standard minimum 10Mbps connection speed, without paying extra. NTL said it was a "major step" for the UK's digital future."

................. "NTL also said that usage allowances would go up from 30GB to 75GB a month."

for the cheaper rates this is an amazing service!

It seems the 1st to receive this service will be the 3mb customers, from the press release it apeears ntl will allow everyone 10mb connections but with the diff levels having different download limits. With the ability to monitor how much bandwidth you use.

Do's this mean people with cloned modems could get caught by going over the cap limit.

I just spoke to t***pest today, but the "Customer Relation" team don't do Sundays.

However. What I was told was that ALL of their speeds are being increased in September.

If you currently have 256k or 512k, you will get 1mb, if you currently have 1 or 2mb you will get 4mb, if you currently have 4mb, you will get 10mb.

As I am on 1mb, I will be getting 4mb in a month's time.

I will still be speaking to Customer Relations tomorrow though.

Pie Eyed said:
I just spoke to t***pest today, but the "Customer Relation" team don't do Sundays.

However. What I was told was that ALL of their speeds are being increased in September.

If you currently have 256k or 512k, you will get 1mb, if you currently have 1 or 2mb you will get 4mb, if you currently have 4mb, you will get 10mb.

As I am on 1mb, I will be getting 4mb in a month's time.

I will still be speaking to Customer Relations tomorrow though.
4MB isn 't that the Telewest service because I didn't know NTL had 4MB ?

I thought they got rid of the 256/512 speeds months ago, at the moment for broadband I think they only do:
1mb @ £17.99
2mb @ £24.99
3mb @ £37.99

(obviously at the max price they charge and not the "incentive prices")

Back