Cant load Boot2

nyck

Inactive User
Reaction score
I upgraded from 3.2E(twlight hack) to 4.2E.
I using the 4.2 easy guide ,
i've loaded the BootMii/IOS ok ,go to the next part to load as Boot2 but theres no option to load it its not on the screen??
Do i go straight to load home channel

thanks nyck

Last edited:
When u say u have loaded bootmii is that as an IOS? You may only have the option to install as IOS and not Boot2 (prefered if you can). If you have done this and its installed ok just move onto the next bit of the instructions.

Always back up your nand too. this will recover 99% of bricks.

When u say u have loaded bootmii is that as an IOS? You may only have the option to install as IOS and not Boot2 (prefered if you can). If you have done this and its installed ok just move onto the next bit of the instructions.

Always back up your nand too. this will recover 99% of bricks.

Yea i loaded the bootMii IOS / i've loaded everything and it seems to work ok ,one of my old games works

How do i back up the Nand now?

thanks

Last edited:
Yea i loaded the bootMii IOS / i've loaded everything and it seems to work ok ,one of my old games works

How do i back up the Nand now?

thanks

Here you go m8, copied it off another tut for you.

Making a NAND backup with Bootmii is highly recommended, it will recover your Wii from 99.9% of bricks.
Use the same SD card you used to install Bootmii and make sure there is at least 530mb free on it.
Bootmii is very fussy about what SD cards it uses, so avoid generic ones and try and use a Sandisk or similar.

a) Put the SD card into the Wii, if you installed Bootmii as boot2 then it will load, if it is installed as an IOS go to the Homebrew Channel, press 'home' on your wiimote and select 'Launch Bootmii'.

b) Use the power/reset/eject buttons to navigate the Bootmii menu and select the icon with the gears on it. If those buttons don't work then you will have to use a Gamecube controller.

c) Now select the icon with a green arrow pointing from the chip to the SD card and follow the on screen instructions.

D) In about 10 mins you will have a NAND backup, it is normal to have up to 80 bad blocks so don't worry if you get some.

e) Put the SD card into PC and copy the NAND backup somewhere safe, you can now delete it from your card. If you installed Bootmii as boot2 then also copy the Bootmii folder to your PC and either delete or rename it, otherwise it will load every time you switch your Wii on.

It dosent go into the BootMii menu it seems to load into Custom IOS installer 2.0 menu instead??

thanks nyck

Last edited:
It dosent go into the BootMii menu it seems to load into Custom IOS installer 2.0 menu instead??

thanks nyck

This will happen if you have the cutom installer 2.0 on the root of the card named boot.elf. Any program named boot.elf on the root of the card will boot at start up.

Just delete or move it into another folder and it should boot in to the bootmii screen. Have you got a bootmii folder on the card?

most of the newer wii's wont allow to install to boot2, dont worry about it and move on to next step in tut

most of the newer wii's wont allow to install to boot2, dont worry about it and move on to next step in tut

Everything is installed and working ,but i cant get back into BootMii to do the Nand back up

@manonamissionblue
I removed boot.elf and it still booted in Custom IOS,so delected some other files and it booted in to WAD manger 1.4.
Next i Tried just the BootMii folder got black screen ,next i tried the 3 files from that Bootmii folder on the Root and still black screen

I total stuck ,

thanks nyck

Everything is installed and working ,but i cant get back into BootMii to do the Nand back up

@manonamissionblue
I removed boot.elf and it still booted in Custom IOS,so delected some other files and it booted in to WAD manger 1.4.
Next i Tried just the BootMii folder got black screen ,next i tried the 3 files from that Bootmii folder on the Root and still black screen

I total stuck ,

thanks nyck

Ive just done a mod tonight and could only do an ios bootmii.
What you need is a blank card with hackmii 0.6 installer on it .
It will let you do your nand and let you either boot off the card or through hbc.
Heres a guide off youtube below

Andy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7mbyp_R4xY]YouTube - Wii Firmware 4.2 Breakthrough - HackMii Installer 0.6[/ame]

Ive just done a mod tonight and could only do an ios bootmii.
What you need is a blank card with hackmii 0.6 installer on it .
It will let you do your nand and let you either boot off the card or through hbc.
Heres a guide off youtube below

Andy.

I still cant get it to load
What done was Download hackmii 0.6 installer and extrated the files.Then put the files on the root of the SD card like this

Wiiload (Folder)
Boot.elf
CREDITS
LICENSE
Readme-BootMii
Readme-HBC

If go via SD card icon the "load dol/elf" doesn't come up if i go via HBC>LaunchBootMii just get black screen
What am i doing wrong???????????/

thanks nyck

I still cant get it to load
What done was Download hackmii 0.6 installer and extrated the files.Then put the files on the root of the SD card like this

Wiiload (Folder)
Boot.elf
CREDITS
LICENSE
Readme-BootMii
Readme-HBC

If go via SD card icon the "load dol/elf" doesn't come up if i go via HBC>LaunchBootMii just get black screen
What am i doing wrong???????????/

thanks nyck

Is the sd locked at the side

No i dont think its that as i can add/delete my orginal install files and it boots in custom IOS or Wad manger

No i dont think its that as i can add/delete my orginal install files and it boots in custom IOS or Wad manger

Cut all files from you sd and store on pc for later

unrar files to sd
once you have files on sd
*put it in Wii
*click sd menu
*load hackmii
*install hbc
*install dvdx
*install bootmii as boot2 (if you can)
*install bootmii as iso
*reboot
*goto hbc press home on the Wii remote launch bootmii

*you will have 4 icons

b60f7a7f120366e6caa4c48dc3c.png

Use the power/reset/eject buttons to navigate the Bootmii menu

select settings

on the next page select back up to sd

3c602d72d37670e2a70be755ad4.png

The back up takes about 10 mins and its normal to have a few bad blocks

Put the SD card into PC and copy the NAND backup somewhere safe, you can now delete it from your card. If you installed Bootmii as boot2 then also copy the Bootmii folder to your PC .

Now copy the original files back to sd

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTpOCBYbzM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Wii Soft-mod step2[/ame]

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your help
I now have a Backup of my Nand

nyck

just managed to back up my nand, i've got bootmii folder, nand bin & keys bin. do i save both bin files only installed as ios

yes mate save them in a safe place just incase!!!!

and get priiloader on the fooker lol

acreed with him..

used boot mii (as IOS) to back up nand..

backed up the SD card to disk for safe keeping and put priiloader on ..

pri loads without sd card so im happy i can get backinto HBC/bootmii in case of diasaster. and use the back up i have stored on disk :D

is it just a case of copy priiloader to sd then put it in wii and install or is there something else i need to do?

Back