Smarters Pro Problems

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been watching the boxing for the last few hours. Smarters Pro set up on a Firestick 4k and after a while the video would blur and then instead of 50 frames per second looked more like 1 per second, audio was fine. Kept on doing it so I installed Smarters on my non 4k Firestick to test if it was a hardware problem.

On this one I would get a white screen and Smarters would go back to the home screen every 8 minutes. Sort of managed to watch the last 2 bouts but was a pain in the arse having to set the channel every 8 minutes. The problems occurred on both sticks with and without vpn running.
I haven't paid for premium but would do so if it sorted the problem.

I have watched other channels previously without any issues.

I have noticed some PPV content from my provider has problems when viewing. I think that’s why they give me several sources to view tbh. I don’t use smarter so can’t comment but maybe try a different app next time to rule out if it’s an app issue.
My personal view is that it’s most likely to be the source of the stream tbh…

Is there an option in Smarters to raise the size of the buffer or change the player ? Worth a go.
Test your speed with Analiti on your stick.I'm not a fan of Smarters Pro, I prefer Tivimate or IMPlayer

Is there an option in Smarters to raise the size of the buffer or change the player ? Worth a go.
Test your speed with Analiti on your stick.I'm not a fan of Smarters Pro, I prefer Tivimate or IMPlayer
I'll check those suggestions out shortly.
Heard a few say they prefer Tivimate. I'm new to all of them so I'll give them all a try.

I'll check those suggestions out shortly.
Heard a few say they prefer Tivimate. I'm new to all of them so I'll give them all a try.
Also have a look at iMPlayer one off payment for premium unlike yearly for Tivimate…

I would turn HLS off and select MpegTS if possible and try that, seen many suppliers recommend that when there's issues on smarters.
Mpeg is set as default on the app, this is why I said try HLS
xciptv is better with HLS
last week or so had problems with smarters/xciptv on mpeg, changed to HLS has fixed the problem

Have received Tivimate thanks to a fellow member, installed and been running perfectly for the last 25 minutes.
Heard from my supplier that there was some work done to the channels last night which may have caused the disruption. With it happening after every 8 minutes I was more inclined to think it was a problem with the app.

Either way I'm happy with Tivimate and will be able to have a proper play with it later.
Thanks for all replies and especially to the member who supplied the app for me. You know who you are ;)

Have received Tivimate thanks to a fellow member, installed and been running perfectly for the last 25 minutes.
Heard from my supplier that there was some work done to the channels last night which may have caused the disruption. With it happening after every 8 minutes I was more inclined to think it was a problem with the app.

Either way I'm happy with Tivimate and will be able to have a proper play with it later.
Thanks for all replies and especially to the member who supplied the app for me. You know who you are ;)
Use the paid version to get all the features

Back