Cannot upload image using Web Interface. Click flash, it does nothing

Ref#7 just you stated ssl84A
Also as bhoywonder stated it looks like it is doing nothing but depending on net speed it can take a while to UPLOAD image first before flash starts.
I still believe although you are getting an IP something over network is not right..something is not being done or we have something wrong.
I also agree download dreambox control center and use the search and see if it picks up your box over network..
This i see is the problem network is seeing box but computer is not even though the computer is on same network..we are missing something silly.

Take a look here see if you are follow correct procedure..I am not saying your not but have a look anyway...
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287036/

I spent 3 days once doing the same trying to flash dm800 and it was all about network..I ended up using a null modem cable with Ethernet cable and dreamup patched on computer.I got there in the end with alot of help from the guys here.
I then upgraded my box to DM800SE and burnt the dm800

I can't get to it using DCC when i'm on the flashing console (After i held down power and got to the stage of flashing the box), but i can get to it when i've booted on normally.

I left it like 10 mins just incase something happens connected via ethernet cable, still nothing.

I followed that guide exactly.

I guess my only option now is to use a null modem cable, connect it to the box and then via usb to my laptop and do it that way?

Appreciate the help i am getting so far, thanks alot guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
you say when box powers up normally dcc connects is that right?

does dcc show green to router pc & dreambox or not

if it does its networking ok

you say when box powers up normally dcc connects is that right?

does dcc show green to router pc & dreambox or not

if it does its networking ok

yeah it shows green. and connects fine when it's powered up.

I've just used it now to transfer recordings to my laptop using that (cause i put a HDD inside the Dreambox)

Guys do you think a factory reset would help ? or not really

right so its networking ok

try flashing with browser again do you get ip when holding button in not wirelessly if you have that means

try a few browsers should go

@ rat

no idea if factory reset would help never had to do anything like that before

you are unrarring the file after download?

I don't know if ssl84b is the one i want, i'm new to all this still (I will get there lol)

and I was trying over ethernet, but i've just trying using the ethernet cable, same problem, nothing happens :/

84b is the latest bootloader available most images and backups are now 84b

I kind of agree with the others there has to be something wrong with your browser setup.

right so its networking ok

try flashing with browser again do you get ip when holding button in not wirelessly if you have that means

try a few browsers should go

@ rat

no idea if factory reset would help never had to do anything like that before

you are unrarring the file after download?

Yup I am trying to flash the .nfi file

The box is plugged in via ethernet and my laptop is wireless. I can get the IP on the box when I hold the power in.

I've tried firefox, IE, Chrome and even Safari but no Joy :/

I had a DHCP reservation on my router for the dreambox, removed that too but still no joy.
@Ferret i've tried it using my PC too, but same problem.

I'll try the PC again tho and see how i get on.

84b is the latest bootloader available most images and backups are now 84b

I kind of agree with the others there has to be something wrong with your browser setup.

Just tried PC no luck. Tried IE and Firefox

dont get it

possibly a firewall issue but doubt it

looks like you need to use nullmodem cable & dreamup mate

dont get it

possibly a firewall issue but doubt it

looks like you need to use nullmodem cable & dreamup mate

I dont either :/ I've tried turning my AV and firewall off too lol. Confused. Trust it to happen to me haha.

I'll purchase a Null Modem cable to USB and see how i get on lol.

usb adapter can be a pain as well mate

Quick question, my router has DDWRT firmware on it, that souldnt make a difference right? cause the i guess the router just fords the packets on.

Also, I have a HDD actually inside my dreambox connected using the SATA cable, would that make any difference?

Quick question, my router has DDWRT firmware on it, that souldnt make a difference right? cause the i guess the router just fords the packets on.

Also, I have a HDD actually inside my dreambox connected using the SATA cable, would that make any difference?

No mate to both of those, unless your router is blocking port 80 but as you posting here and you see the firmware upgrade page I doubt that.

Can I make a suggestion, your not able to flash via network !

Why not try flashing with a null cable and DreamUP, yeah it slow about a hour for a image but it will flash.

Why not try flashing with a null cable and DreamUP, yeah it slow about a hour for a image but it will flash.

I agree @Ferret, it sounds like something is corrupt thats stopping flashing with browser

flashing with dreamup seems the only way to fix this then all should be fine in the future to flash via browser

deffo will work albeit slowly

do you not have other pc with a serial connection mate

try avoid using usb adapter if possible

Just had a look my PC has the serial connection. I'll order a cable and give that a go.

You never learn unless it something goes wrong ey? lol

Thanks alot everyone, really appreciate it.

I will let you know how i get on.

even better then mate

get your null cable hopefully that sorts you

will take about an hour to flash so be patient mate

fingers crossed lol

Dont mind the wait, as long as i get it working i'll be a happy man lol.

I guess i need to do the same ... Flash the bootloader first, then the image all using Dreamup?

Back