Meelo SE (solo 2) wont boot

snakemetal

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Ive bought a number of these and not had a problem but one was returned to me today and i cant get it to boot up
I see the power button lights up and the blue light comes on but nothing on the screen

I flashed it with this image:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-sunray-clone-686/435388-download-openvix-4-1-a.html

It looks almost like its had the time bomb but i thought these newer images had the drivers write protected now making it almost impossible to brick?

Anyway i tried to reflash the box but it doesnt even seem to be powering my usb flash drive, no light comes on the usb stick. The power light however responds when i press it, the Ethernet has lights flashing and the hard drive if i put one in does power up

I will contact the supllier but wondered if anyone had any ideas, looking like a brick so far

Sunray safe images are for sunray and original solo2's only.

However, i've read others have had no problem with the sunray images.

I doubt if any online update was done, those drivers were replaced with original because it already has the latest drivers and these are write-protected and driver version patch applied. I've done online updates before and can confirm that drivers weren't updated/replaced for me.

I'm guessing you can't FTP or telnet into box?

Someone on another forum has said their meelo box has a hardware issue.

I'm personally starting to think these boxes are a no go.

Hi i dont think its anything to do with the image as I've got 5 other boxes running this image fine
Its just this box
Im worried that my usb flash drive does not light up when i turn it on
That is my biggest worry
everything else looks normal with it

It's not usb stick is it? Have you tried flashing another box with that usb stick?

I agree it's looking hardware related but I wouldn't expect it to have been caused by clone bomb as I would expect that these boxes can take original images.

Its the same USB stick i used to flash all my boxes but its worth trying another
I spoke to supplier who just advised to flash with software from here:

Meelo Box DownLoad

Which i dont think will make any diffrence which image i try to flash.
I will try a new usb stick and try flashing with the open PLI image from the above site tonight

Ok tried another usb flash drive loaded with the PLI image from the Meelo site
The usb did flash for about 60 seconds and looked like it was going to work
But then stopped flashing and nothing on the screen still
Rebooted box and still nothing
Id almost believe it was working just not via the HDMI cable if it was not for the fact the little fan never spins up and i know that when the box boots into the image the fan starts spinning so i know it cant of booted
Will go back to the supplier as it looks faulty to me.

hi, maybe ho have the box put wrong image in to ? have you try MCU flash tool

with rs 232 and HYPER..... to write the boot loader .

do you have this version motherboard ?WP_20160506_20_34_30_Pro.jpgWP_20160506_20_34_30_Pro.jpgWP_20160506_20_34_30_Pro.jpg

Hi yes that is the version i have
I would be willing to try writing the boot loader
But i don't know where to find the software and also these boxes do not come with a RS232 cable so will need to make sure i get a compatable one
Any help would be great thnx

yes they have rs232 , go to download vusolo clone MCU FLASH TOOLS

One moment it is meelo 2 se ? Can you post picture front and back ?

No not meelo 2
didnt know there was a meelo 2?
Meelo SE is supposed to be same as Solo2
This one:
meelo.jpg

When i say it didn't come with a RS232 cable i mean the cable not the actual socket, it has the socket on the back its just they don't come with the cable with the blue and black plugs like in the PDF instructions for writing the bootloader.

I do have a RS232 that came with an original solo2 clone. It doesn't have the blue and black plugs tho so when those instructions say blue = pc black = box im unsure which end to use of the cable i have.

Also that software says bootloader (Lonrison)
My question was is that compatable with the Meelo SE?
As i thought the MCU flash tool was for Lonrison Solo2. But if its the same info then i will give it a try

Last edited:
ok this one is only meelo single not 2 same as zgemma box i replay to you with the link for image in minutes

- - - Updated - - -

ok this one is only meelo single not 2 same as zgemma box i replay to you with the link for image in minutes

sorry is rigth is meelo 2 se and you have rs 232 9 pins above lnb 2 input

so yes yes you can try to put back the boot loader mcu tools . then by usb take the rigth image in your usb only folder vuplus

- - - Updated - - -

remember to preess the circle power on the front panel when you switch on to update the image

Ok gave it a try and all i get from Hyper terminal is this error:
"Another programme is using the selected telephony device"

No unfortunatly not
I got this error regardless of even if the cable was connected
So i suspect its something to do with the cable, i tried it both ways round
I even had a old null modem cable and tried that but nothing seemed to work

Quite miffed that they didnt supply the RS232 with the Meelo SE
My option now is to send it back to the supplier in China
Which is what i think i will have to do (expensive)

Sunray safe images are for sunray and original solo2's only.

However, i've read others have had no problem with the sunray images.

I doubt if any online update was done, those drivers were replaced with original because it already has the latest drivers and these are write-protected and driver version patch applied. I've done online updates before and can confirm that drivers weren't updated/replaced for me.

I'm guessing you can't FTP or telnet into box?

Someone on another forum has said their meelo box has a hardware issue.

I'm personally starting to think these boxes are a no go.

I have tried some Sunray safe images on Meelo+SE and they work without any problem.

I presume is faulty , just send it to factory as faulty .

Where you buy it ? New ?

Hi mates
Got the same one ,but V1.6
Its stuck on BLACK HOLE LOGO
Do you think I can try to connect through RS232 ?

Back