Cannot upload image using Web Interface. Click flash, it does nothing

rut_bwoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm just trying to upload a new image on my Dreambox DM800HD but failing miserably :( (Never done this before so bear with me).

I've had a look for reviews and stuff, and it seems like i'm doing exactly the same.

I tak the power cable out, hold in the power button, the IP address it gives, i navigate to that, click on firmware upgrade, navigate to where the image is stored and click flash. But nothing happens :/

Tried it on Chrome, Firefox and IE on my laptop. Also tried it on Firefox and IE on my PC, still no joy.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,

Sam.

Have you tried safari , i ways used safari and it worked ,
You could always use modem cable and dreamup , make sure though you use the right dreamup software , there are alot here for genuine and clone boxes

What ssl do you have now and what is the ssl of the image your trying to load ?

Does your browser report any errors like old or not valid.

I use chrome for mine also works wonders for me no troubles at all..
give all the info when posting..box clone or genuine,the bootloader,the image you are running,the image you want to flash.
sounds like no link to box

I use chrome for mine also works wonders for me no troubles at all..
give all the info when posting..box clone or genuine,the bootloader,the image you are running,the image you want to flash.
sounds like no link to box

Just tried Safari but no joy :/

Is my only option Dreamup? And i guess i'd need something like a Null modem cable to USB?

@AJT It's a clone i believe, I am on Nabilosat Black Hole v 0.12 and i am trying to upload BlackHole 1.6.6

@Ferret SSL says dreambox-secondstage - 75-r0 -

And no errors on browsers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried Safari but no joy :/

Is my only option Dreamup? And i guess i'd need something like a Null modem cable to USB?

@AJT It's a clone i believe, I am on Nabilosat Black Hole v 0.12 and i am trying to upload BlackHole 1.6.6

@Ferret SSL says dreambox-secondstage - 75-r0 -

And no errors on browsers.

That's a old ssl so it would be good to know the ssl of the image your trying to update to because if it uses a ssl84 then youll need to flash a bootloader first I would expect it to show one of those errors in that case, strange it wont flash .

That's a old ssl so it would be good to know the ssl of the image your trying to update to because if it uses a ssl84 then youll need to flash a bootloader first I would expect it to show one of those errors in that case, strange it wont flash .

How can i tell what ssl the image is?

The place i downloaded it, it said "this is a blackhole image for dreambox 800 hd it has bootloader 84a"

The place i downloaded it, it said "this is a blackhole image for dreambox 800 hd it has bootloader 84a"

So the fist thing youll need to do is flash the latest 84 ssl then or it will never flash.

What sim type does your box have ?

Ok so unrar and flash the nfi version of this by browser then the image make sure that image is a sim2 image.

Off out for some beer now mate sure the other lads can help you if you run into trouble.

Attachments

• sim201_ssl84b.rar
    335.7 KB · Views: 6
Sticker says "Sim 20.1 Inside"

As ferret mentioned..so you need to first ,make sure image is for sim 2.01,(sim2)..make sure image always matches bootloader if not flash correct one first,then image then bootloader again all one after each other,use page back button/arrow after each flash do not do separate flashes.
most up to date images use ssl 84a or latest ssl84b

Last edited:
As ferret mentioned..so you need to first ,make sure image is for sim 2.01,(sim2)..make sure image always matches bootloader if not flash correct one first,then image then bootloader again all one after each other,use page back button/arrow after each flash do not do separate flashes.
most up to date images use ssl 84a or latest ssl84b

Tried to flash the bootloader @Ferret attached, but same issue, I pressed flash, but nothing happens :/

Tried to flash the bootloader @Ferret attached, but same issue, I pressed flash, but nothing happens :/

the one posted is ssl84b make sure its what you want..best way to flash is how you are trying and with Ethernet cable box to router,it don't seem like you are networked.

how long are you waiting for it to flash can take a few minutes before it starts

check network connections a good start point mate

establish if connecting

the one posted is ssl84b make sure its what you want..best way to flash is how you are trying and with Ethernet cable box to router,it don't seem like you are networked.

I don't know if ssl84b is the one i want, i'm new to all this still (I will get there lol)

and I was trying over ethernet, but i've just trying using the ethernet cable, same problem, nothing happens :/

how long are you waiting for it to flash can take a few minutes before it starts

check network connections a good start point mate

establish if connecting

Using cable, I waited like 5 mins atleast, nothing.

I know i have got connection (well i think i have anyway) because i can get onto the web console and get get through to where i want to upload the image. But it just does not upload it.

can you connect to box with dcc

that will establish if you are networked

something is not right here

a long shot do you have another power supply to try

keep at it mate

Ref#7 just you stated ssl84A
Also as bhoywonder stated it looks like it is doing nothing but depending on net speed it can take a while to UPLOAD image first before flash starts.
I still believe although you are getting an IP something over network is not right..something is not being done or we have something wrong.
I also agree download dreambox control center and use the search and see if it picks up your box over network..
This i see is the problem network is seeing box but computer is not even though the computer is on same network..we are missing something silly.

Take a look here see if you are follow correct procedure..I am not saying your not but have a look anyway...
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287036/

I spent 3 days once doing the same trying to flash dm800 and it was all about network..I ended up using a null modem cable with Ethernet cable and dreamup patched on computer.I got there in the end with alot of help from the guys here.
I then upgraded my box to DM800SE and burnt the dm800

Back