Calling all gardeners

Gavvodka

Inactive User
Reaction score
yo,

need some advice on some weed killing.. ive attached a picture of this ghastly bit at the front of my house, but i don't think the usual weed killer would do the trick.

any gardeners out there, or a professional weed killer know what stuff to buy for this?

have you tried Verzone? spray gun bottle from B&Q bout £5 i think mate

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i would pull all that stone out first clean it then dig the top of the soil or whatever is under there

and get a weed fabric/geotex fabric to stop the weeds then put stone back messing about with

weed killer will take time and they will just come back IMHO :Cheers:

i would pull all that stone out first clean it then dig the top of the soil or whatever is under there

and get a weed fabric/geotex fabric to stop the weeds then put stone back messing about with

good shout.. like your idea. tbh i'd love to have something different there but no idea where to start.

prob gonna put new stones down, so will get the geotex stuff down then.

Exactly what i was going to say....nice shout maca.....how about laying flags over the fabric instead of stone...2x2 are only £3.00 each in B&Q once laid brush a dry mix of sand and cement into the gaps and let the damp in the morning set it...nothing will get through that and it's very low maintenance..

if you going to flag the area as said above and the flags that are already laid are ok you could set

a levels of

them using roofing lats and then screed the sand to your level then drop the flags down easy

the flags should be 50mm 2" 10mm joint and brush in the product i posted from bq cures with

the air no cement needed saves time and money :Cheers:

Sika Pave Fix Plus 18PPG10 9.2kg Grey, 5055047210191

Last edited:
Diesel does a good job of killing stuff too, apparently...!

I run a landscaping and tree surgery business, and I am liscensed to use all pesticides.

The weeds in question are grasses and broad leaved. If you want to get rid of them permanantly use a glyphosate based weed killer such as round-up.
Other weed killers will only dry out the leaves and leave the roots intact, so they will just grow back.

Choose a day when rain is not iminent for 6-8 hours (hard I know in this country) and they will take about 2 weeks to die off, but once they're gone they're gone for good.

yo,

need some advice on some weed killing.. ive attached a picture of this ghastly bit at the front of my house, but i don't think the usual weed killer would do the trick.

any gardeners out there, or a professional weed killer know what stuff to buy for this?

round up mate safe for pets reduse that to soil in no time

I run a landscaping and tree surgery business, and I am liscensed to use all pesticides.

The weeds in question are grasses and broad leaved. If you want to get rid of them permanantly use a glyphosate based weed killer such as round-up.
Other weed killers will only dry out the leaves and leave the roots intact, so they will just grow back.

Choose a day when rain is not iminent for 6-8 hours (hard I know in this country) and they will take about 2 weeks to die off, but once they're gone they're gone for good.

I'm not doubting you at all mate, just wondering why, when I've used RoundUp it's done bugga all...? I've used it all round the garden where there are weeds, (different types) and in the right the conditions. It did naff all, except make my wallet lighter! Lol

I gave it to Dad in the end, he tried it, and said the same as me, it's still in his shed now I think...!

Just curious really, is it very weed specific?

I'm not doubting you at all mate, just wondering why, when I've used RoundUp it's done bugga all...? I've used it all round the garden where there are weeds, (different types) and in the right the conditions. It did naff all, except make my wallet lighter! Lol

I gave it to Dad in the end, he tried it, and said the same as me, it's still in his shed now I think...!

Just curious really, is it very weed specific?

I would probably bet the stuff u tried was the ready mixed crap out of B&Q or somewhere like that, unfortunatly to sell it to the public Mosanto who make it have to dilute it to within an inch of its life meaning to get decent results u have to absolutly drench all the weeds. They used to sell a more concentrated version but I am not sure if the public can still buy it cause even that stuff really needed to be applied 3 or 4 times stonger than they recomended to even come close to the Round-Up Pro or Glyphosate 360 that Breeze would be using.

As for weed specific I would say absolutely No, the professional version is pretty ruthless and will kill most green plants apart from things with waxy leaves like mares tail stone dead within a few weeks even with a small dose, I have seen mature shrubs, roses etc killed because the person spraying round them had accidently hit the bottom leaves when spraying weeds round the base of them

Thanks mate, not B&Q but it was an off the shelf squeeszy bottle thing (!) from the local garden centre.

Will delve into things a bit further when I have time. In fact, when the football season starts again, I might have to look out for bloke up at the footy, 'cos he's head gardener or something up at the uni, so he must be able to lay his hands on something...!!! ;)

chhers for all the advice guys.. looks like its coming under control at last.

ive got a bush out my back i would like to find out the name of.. any idea's?

img0543r.jpg

Back