Broadband

chris1975

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Advice wanted on where to get broadbrand from using a bt phone line i wouldn't mind getting the 2meg if poss as nthell are really pi$$ing me off.

Any advice would be gratefull

Hi chris my daughter & son in law just got Tiscali, only 512 connection
(i think) but it seems prety quick their well pleased with it, I'd be careful of BT at the moment I've read a lot of horror stories on here and elsewhere about them snooping at what peeps are downloading :)

every time this topic comes up i have recommended Pipex.com - -been with them since sept. - NEVER had any downtime -ALWAYS get my email.
brilliant service - -i download shedloads and never a whisper from them :)

chris i thought you just dropped speeds lately are you looking to increase again

allroad said:
chris i thought you just dropped speeds lately are you looking to increase again

looking ready for the future m8,

cheers for the advice fella's very helpful.

Regards
Chris

daing said:
every time this topic comes up i have recommended Pipex.com - -been with them since sept. - NEVER had any downtime -ALWAYS get my email.

thats exactly the same with me and my 1mb NTL connection apart from it being down once when they dug the road up but i forgave them ;)

I use Onetel Broadband, 576-256 ADSL. Never had any problems either and i'm on P2P 24 hours a day!!
Good service all round i'd say.

hi all these different isp providers
but can anyone of them provide the kbs u want ? and they say we do it...and keep it at the certain rate u been offerd by isp..but what they dont tell u is if internet loaded down with user usage your badwith then becomes slower?...that i have found to my experince..what u must ask these isp is about modem user/ratio if it 1:12or lower it not worth having,belive me ive only found this out recently.im so upset by this im calling my isp on tues to sort it out.i pay for bb and not getting it whether it loaded up or not,i should get what i pay for.which is 576kb wether im downloading the whole internet or not...these isps as far as im concerned getting away with murder good luck to anyone thinking of broadband
upset
lozzy

daing said:
Got to agree. Best ISP I've ever used,and believe me, I've used a few.
I'm on 512Kbps, but they do a 1Mbps service for £28.99 with 2Gb monthly bandwidth or £33.99 unlimited.

:) :) :)

I WOULD personally never use bt, there caused me nightmares..still waiting for answers 2 yrs later,, after writing to london .then scotland ..no way no chane would i give them my money for broadband
lozzy

Back