Boxing: Amir Khan fighting this weekend

it was a good fight khan has alot of speed and is getting better but again he showed his biggest weakness in the second round "he has no chin" he can not take the big shots so how he thinks he can take on the best fighters and dominate the wieght divisions is beyond me but still an enjoyable fight to see just a shame it was stopped early again gomez still had abit to give and if he would of landed another one of them power shots he could have taken khan out.

Why all the negativity about Khan?
I don't want an arguement, just want to know

because he thinks he can take on the world when he can only fight hand picked fighters who are past it and he is cocky and let all the money and fame go to his head

because he thinks he can take on the world when he can only fight hand picked fighters who are past it and he is cocky and let all the money and fame go to his head

not having a go m8, but all the top boxers are the same....they are all filthy rich and cocky

good chin or no chin, khan has finished what has been put in front of him, you cant ask for anything more

Why all the negativity about Khan?
I don't want an arguement, just want to know

arrogant loves him self, fights bums, limmond with no power and a past it gomez caused him trouble, but yet he thinks he deserves to be in with the likes of pacman

and refs favour him, fighst stop too early and a 13second count down against limmond

warren and english press are hyping him up way too much right now

if khan wants pacman a say give it to him so we can all laugh at him fail, but warren knows hes not good enough for him so its a no-go area

not having a go m8, but all the top boxers are the same....they are all filthy rich and cocky

good chin or no chin, khan has finished what has been put in front of him, you cant ask for anything more

not all top boxers are the same, and u could ask for more, fight fighters who arent hand picked and test your self, warrens fighters records look good coz he gets them to fight bums , all hand picked except a few fights

arrogant loves him self, fights bums, limmond with no power and a past it gomez caused him trouble, but yet he thinks he deserves to be in with the likes of pacman

and refs favour him, fighst stop too early and a 13second count down against limmond

warren and english press are hyping him up way too much right now

if khan wants pacman a say give it to him so we can all laugh at him fail, but warren knows hes not good enough for him so its a no-go area

spot on theres no way he can take on the best most boxers are cocky thats just part of the game mike tyson used to beat boxers before they even stepped in the ring khan just loves himself way too much

one of the best top boxers and a professional i have alot of respect for is oscar delahoya, hes filthy rich but he respects fighters and and fans and dosnt let the fame go to his head, fans in usa love oscar why cant others be like him

haye, and recently hatton and calzaghe have became this way aswell, just shows u money and fame can change u big time

Amir khan was found out last night,his charade is over.

He comes in weighing much more than his opponents and then bullies them.The problem is he get hit and hit bad and his midsection is mush.

He has such a low percentage bodyfat that his chin is like china.

He is fighting has beens and men much smaller than him.His promoters know that he will get beaten if he fights opponents more suited to him.Will he risk the embarisment?

He is out of contract,who is going to sign him?
They know he will be going for a big shot and will get beaten,I dont think sky will take the risk.,setanta might tho.
He is at a big crossroads as where to take his career.

The simple fact is,he was fighting a man much smaller than him,much older than him and not a particularily good fighter,and he nearly got beaten.This guy is a chancer and will be found out soon enough.

He has such a low percentage bodyfat that his chin is like china...

Interesting point mate - and you just reminded me...

I wasnt really paying attention to the pre-fight interviews but i'm sure i heard Khan say something to Jim Rosenthal like "my body fat is down to 1.5%"?? or did i imagine him saying that?

All i can think is i imagined it because a body fat level of 1.5% is nuts.

Even Bruce Lee at his most 'Enter The Dragon' ripped can't have been at that level!?! lol

Interesting point mate - and you just reminded me...

I wasnt really paying attention to the pre-fight interviews but i'm sure i heard Khan say something to Jim Rosenthal like "my body fat is down to 1.5%"?? or did i imagine him saying that?

All i can think is i imagined it because a body fat level of 1.5% is nuts.

Even Bruce Lee at his most 'Enter The Dragon' ripped can't have been at that level!?! lol

Basically what khan does is lower his fat level to dangerously low,so he can fight at a weight level where,when he walks in the ring he is much bigger then his opponents and can bully them,because he walks in alot heavier than he weighs in.

This is the reason he is crap,he should be mincing these opponents,but he is not and he has shown he has a weak chin and is being tested by rubbish opponents that itv claim are "world class".

If khan fights at the weight level he should then he will be up against opponents with better chins then he has and that are the same size as him,he will be found out,mark my words.

Also,he is lying about his body fat.At 1.5% you can die.The average an athelite should be is 6-13.

Khan also showed last night that his stomach,6 pack or not,is essentially mush and is a weakness that opponents will exploit.
He showed that he has no chin and when he goes banging with an opponent with a good chin that can hit him back he wont last long.

He is also going into these fights with a 10 point head start as the judges and refs are so biased towards him because he is british.He will be done no favours in the states and his opponents will not be stopped if he is hitting them badly and I dont think he will be able to take the punches.

Last edited:
He is not ready for the big time yet. He's either not ready or not good enough, only time will tell.

khan is crap and overtrated

all i can say he is the best the british can offer and he has the best chance than any other british boxer at becoming a world champion

khan is crap and overtrated

all i can say he is the best the british can offer and he has the best chance than any other british boxer at becoming a world champion

Not really,david haye is quite good and enzo macronellis career isnt over at his weight.
And if joe calzagi beats pavlik thats another,you have a good few,just none are english.

Khan needs to prove himself, quite rightly as many of you have said.

People are taken away by seeing such young talent - during the 2004 olympics!!!

a boxer with gr8 talent and potential. Just needs to be swayed in the right direction and have a world class trainer.

Not renewing his contract with Warren could be a good start...

a boxer with gr8 talent and potential. Just needs to be swayed in the right direction and have a world class trainer.

Not renewing his contract with Warren could be a good start...

he has potential but what he really needs is to move up to lightwelter then maybe he might be able to take a punch and not get floored off old past fighters and limmond who has no power in his shots atall

Back