Boxing: Amir Khan fighting this weekend

Gargamel

Inactive User
Reaction score
Amir's got a title defense this weekend against Michael Gomez.

My money is on Amir but Gomez is a pretty rugged fella so I'm not expecting this one to be a breeze at all.

What u all reckon?

Amir's got a title defense this weekend against Michael Gomez.

My money is on Amir but Gomez is a pretty rugged fella so I'm not expecting this one to be a breeze at all.

What u all reckon?

i want gomez to knock this little sh*t out to put him in his place and to stop his cockyness.
is this on ppv btw?

amir fighting another past it boxer whos had 8 loses, if khan says hes as good as he is why wont warren let him fight the best

hope khan gets his teeth knocked out

i want gomez to knock this little sh*t out to put him in his place and to stop his cockyness.
is this on ppv btw?

22:15 Amir Khan v Michael Gomez Commonwealth Lightweight Title ITV1 (22:15-23:30)

khan on ppv ur having a laugh :proud:

hope gomez wins and knocks the fecker out dont know how frank warren can keep picking these fights like this and getting away with it. khan should be in the ring with present fighters not past fighters cmon gomez you beat the grim reaper beat this clown

Amir to win at a struggle, what i dont understand is:

both manchester lads but fighting in Birmingham...... why..?....

alot of Knan followers are Manc...?....

i my be wrong.....?.....

22:15 Amir Khan v Michael Gomez Commonwealth Lightweight Title ITV1 (22:15-23:30)

khan on ppv ur having a laugh :proud:

lol yeah funny... although all joking aside about that, Warren IS gonna have to find a new TV home for Amir Khan soon coz it seems like ITV are gonna be getting rid of the boxing from their sports coverage coz it don't make them no ££££'s.

Just read a quote from Khan saying that after this fight, he wants to fight the winner of the Pacquiao Diaz fight.

What???????????

Now don't get me wrong - ain't nowt wrong with being super confident and I actually like Amir Khan and think he's a decent fighter BUT he's nuts if he thinks he can go from fighting people like Michael Gomez to even testing the likes of Manny Pacquiao?!?!?

what a fight so far - 4th round and GOMEZ been knocked down again!!
Gomez is still comeing backk for more.

COME ON AMIR!!

All Over - Amir Khan too good, but what a fight he gave him.

What a fight, awesome action.

Gomez showed he has a heart of a lion,but khan's class pulled him through.

Amir Khan has still a lot to do before he can even think about challenging the likes of Manny Paqqiou.

Gomes guy did well...
he took alot of Amir's hits....

i wan2 see how much punches Amir landed...

A surprisingly enjoyable fight - Gomez did better than i was expecting, if he was a few years younger and had a better engine for the later rounds then i think he would have beaten Khan.

Either way, Gomez has defintely laid down the blueprint for any future opponents to beat Khan - and after seeing last nights fight, I'd really worry for Khan if he goes in again with a busy, no-back-down, pressure fighter who don't let him relax and do his stylish stuff.

Lets see who his next opponent is...

Gomez got tired quicker than Khan due to his age, but I guess that's normal.

Khan's speed was mighty, too fast to Gomez.

Khan still has a lot to go through to challenge the big boys, btw; did you lot see the punch Khan got in his ribs (broken?) or what that made him a little uncertain but he got through.

Frank Warren would've been a man full of relief after that one!

ref stopped that way too early, gomez on ropes and was ducking khans punches, refs favour khan alot in his fights, thats alot of fights on tv recently been stopped way too early

i liked gomez bobbing and reaving, khan didnt land all his punches like usuall when fighters dont move in front of him, khan took a sore 1 to the ribs and his ribs looked bruised during the fight, after the blow khan dropped his hands to protect them, gomez didnt take opportunity , only takes 1 punch to win in boxing but i think khan would of won 2/3 more rounds away, but dont make sence gomez ducking and reaving khan missing and 20 secs left and ref jumps in

Back