boxes died ??

dabs

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
ok heres what i got 4001 running on funs, out of 5 boxes between family 3 have stopped totally, others still running fine running one on same cable as a downed box
when i start the boxes they start going through the start up process get as far as boot coming up on display then die, no lights on nothing coming out
can get into eng menu freq and net id are correct
on status page list
error 19 can't lock to last tunned
error 9 can't tune to home freq
error 167 lost 00B lock
anyone any clue what has happened, are they shot crap luck for 3 to go at the same time, is there anything that can be done to sort them out
cheers for any help

hi all
ok heres what i got 4001 running on funs, out of 5 boxes between family 3 have stopped totally, others still running fine running one on same cable as a downed box
when i start the boxes they start going through the start up process get as far as boot coming up on display then die, no lights on nothing coming out
can get into eng menu freq and net id are correct
on status page list
error 19 can't lock to last tunned
error 9 can't tune to home freq
error 167 lost 00B lock
anyone any clue what has happened, are they shot crap luck for 3 to go at the same time, is there anything that can be done to sort them out
cheers for any help

Did you have all the CamID the same? just a thought

one went a few days ago, the other 2 went today they had the same script as the 2 that are still running

Have you tried the obvious thing of resetting the box by removing the jumper?

i too have a problem such as this ...2 box's in the house one up and one down

both stuck in tune
ave disconnected one and rebooted other engineers menu seem to be ok
signal strength ok
tuner 75%
any other suggestions

wow the au didnt work
and so reprogramed cards
and we are away
thanks for all who looked at this post

Last edited:
djmagic
my boxes are stuck in tune
the boxes start up get as far as boot coming on the box then all lights go out with nothing showing, as if the power has been turned off
has no one come across this before, surely someone has or knows whats wrong, if the boxes are knackered or not

just came across 2 pace 4001 that were stuck in tune following the recent key changes.

i pulled the red jumper to reset them and then had to updated the net id and freq with a funcard which is strange as the net id should have set itself.

one box has come back to life but the other is now stuck on channel 0 and the EM is showing "no T stream"

hope this helps

cheers

had same prob power up holding bottom button wait till boot shows let go will force box to go on stream.did for me anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got same prob tryed net id fun no joy net id just showing stars in eng mode

The 4001,s were only just working when they left the factory and since then they have been nothing but trouble Especially when you pull the jumper. You could try a fast reboot by holding the up button when you plug the power back in or start again by pulling the jumper and leave it overnight to take the updates

opps think i went off track meant to say boxes not stuck in tune they start up 'boot' appears on display then display goes black, as if power turned off nothing works then
if 4001 are that bad what a good box to get that can be moded easily ie as easy as the 4001 (with bk and ird) ??

pull the red jumper for a few secs, then set the freq and then stick your net id fun card in and force boot the box.

this worked for me

warm the whole circuit board with a hair dryer before booting,,,sometimes this works..

ive got two 4001 which both have now died they both stay on the v startup screen you can force update but only will get to channel 0. left one of them on the stream overnight and the day on the main stream but no update

don't get any channels or start up screen when boot appears on the lcd it then goes off as if the power has been switched off, know of 3 that are suffering the same prob. has no one come across this at all ???
if the boxes are dead so be it but need to know if anyone knows a fix before i scrap them
anyone???

i ha d a simular prob my di4001 had taken the the vm update when pulled red jumper it would stay on tune for ages then it would just go to the standby light when turned tv onto av cha. it said vm starting please wait like this for 1 day stb would do nothing went into eng. menu the net id did set itself and the time was correct still no ch.s so i manuelly tuned frequency to my area and set the quam on page 1 in eng. menu to 55 rebooted and it came back on don't know if it coz i was lucky or it is a prob with the vm update

this must be coming very common have seen two do the same also seems a bit of a coincidece boxes staying on ch 0.and yes before some one says do this or that tried them also been using 4001s for two years never had these problems

don't get any channels or start up screen when boot appears on the lcd it then goes off as if the power has been switched off, know of 3 that are suffering the same prob. has no one come across this at all ???
if the boxes are dead so be it but need to know if anyone knows a fix before i scrap them
anyone???

got the same problem as you mate ive tried for days to fix it,it shows no net id and no snr coming in evn though ive got a great signal strange one this

this must be coming very common have seen two do the same also seems a bit of a coincidece boxes staying on ch 0.and yes before some one says do this or that tried them also been using 4001s for two years never had these problems

HI m8, I have had both of my 4001's go down like this in the past.

I had to replace a few caps as per- tbc's 4001 stuck in tune appendix B.

Trouble is I cant find that any more in download section and dalmations tut looks a bit daunting, but if you look at page 7 they are the caps I have needed to replace. You can buy the caps to replace them from maplins, heres the codes-

Capacitors Quantity Maplin part code Price
100μF 25 Volt___2___________DT61________9p Each
220μF 50 Volt___2___________DT64_______14p Each
22μF 50 Volt____1___________DT57________6p Each
47μF 100 Volt___1___________DT60_______18p Each

I am no soldering expert and I have managed to do this a few times and all the boxes are sorted now.

look here for dalmations tut - http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/533/

For the majority of you stuck in tune, or only getting channel 0, this is the answer.

Hope this helps
theseeker

Last edited by a moderator:
Back