boxes died ??

disagree mate something is defo going on with the 4001 take a look at how many posts that are similar .to much of a coincidence ,i think!!

disagree mate something is defo going on with the 4001 take a look at how many posts that are similar .to much of a coincidence ,i think!!

the only coincidence is the hot weather and the new vm software m8, "ive noticed this on a couple of 1000 models here on tw,

box's powering up, then dieing showing nothing on the LED screen, {i found this to be a bad connection on the atmels}

every summer you see post after post of all the 8888's on some pace models {but not this year }

makes me wonder if the cc's have done away with all the 8888's on the new software

all 4001s ive come across stuck on virgin start up or channel 0.if it shows correct frequency in eng menu,still go into freq and reset it(type same numbers again),press services and have all booted ok afterwards,hope it helps some

Hey there, how on earth do you get the capacitors off the board? I've put the soldering iron on the wires protruding through the underside whilst rocking the capacitor back and forth but it just holds firm. Is there some kind of special technique?

Hey there, how on earth do you get the capacitors off the board? I've put the soldering iron on the wires protruding through the underside whilst rocking the capacitor back and forth but it just holds firm. Is there some kind of special technique?

Remove the board and apply a hot soldering iron to the blob of solder-you should see the solder melt-if you pull the capacitor it should come away without too much force. Too much and you risk damaging the board if you force the capacitor out.

A friend of the family had to have their Pace box replaced last week by NTL as it wouldn't come on properly. He was told by the engineer that was an update problem with the box.

Back