Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bl**dy Wind

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Blew my 1m dish out of alignment :aggressive:
just get tuner failed, gutted

Unless you are on usals just use diseqc to move back, or is it fixed?
Even if using usals, you can alter settings to compensate.
Wont work if has moved up/down though only left/right.

Unless you are on usals just use diseqc to move back, or is it fixed?
Even if using usals, you can alter settings to compensate.
Wont work if has moved up/down though only left/right.

You will find that the usals wont help mate i would say that most dishes go out of line by being forced up or down and the only way to fix this is get up that ladder and start alighning again

Had the same prob on dm800 moved slightly west in tune got 78% lock then manual scan.thought i was going on roof at weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

You will find that the usals wont help mate i would say that most dishes go out of line by being forced up or down and the only way to fix this is get up that ladder and start alighning again

Most dishes I have had to re align have been moved left/right.
But agreed some do get moved up/down.

Yeh with the fixings of todays dishes all those little bolts and dishes attaching using u bolts mean that dishes can be hit for all directions and making them a sat installers money makers. This is why i kept with my good old channel master and actuator arm set up the last time we had these sort of winds would you beleive that it was the t and ks that came away making the dish like a pendulum and when i re sited it it was still in exactly the same position that it should have been. Although the first ever dish i had ended up inside the neighbours car in gales not the most popular neighbour for years

I'll look at what you said manic :) thanks

Neo I don't have the ladder anymore mate :(

Sent from my iPhone

mines slightly out and will need doing also my mates from the wind the other week,his is facing the wrong way lol lol,aint getting up there till the wind goes though

my sky uk dish went out of alignment today - 2 weeks after the 1m was blown off the wall!!

fortunately it just needed moved left a little! think i'll wait till the summer to put the 1m back up.. bloody winds!!

Yeah mine moved the other week and thought no way can i sort it so went left and right and nothing, so went to 19.2 and saw the signal come in and go out so knew i had something. Dunno what box you have but on my dm800 go postion setup and search west or east and if you get a signal you know your out.

Nothing to lose trying lol

Jason

well mine is installed on garage so near to the ground on a south facing wall
so it is well sheltered
its been very windy here in staffordshire but mine has not moved
the dish i have is a channel master 1.2.

my 90cm triax has moved up or down also can't be fixed unless someone goes up on the roof

im in glasgow area anyone around me can fix ???

used to have a good sat installer blokes mobile number (Karim) but number doesn't seem to work no more :(

Ive just got off the flat roof neo, 1am this morning the top U bracket has worked loose and the pole was moving and was making a loud banging noise lol

I ended up sleeping on the settee it was that loud pmsl

thats sorted now but in 99.9% sure dish as also moved and will need re aligning at some point

cheers mate :)

lotsa fun ..

see how your doing alignment wise you may be able to tweak it a bit using the software else can come give ya a hand..

tighten your bolts properley this time!!! if your too weak phone a friend ........... i suffered from this just after install got a strong arm on the buggers once re alighned and not had a problem since!!! but i do worry that the dish and corner of house is gonnna end up in next doors garden or car when its windy lmfao

Digidude once said something about intentionally over tightening your bolts to warp the pole which stops the dish from spinning.

I did this and so far my dish has been fine.

tighten your bolts properley this time!!! if your too weak phone a friend ........... i suffered from this just after install got a strong arm on the buggers once re alighned and not had a problem since!!! but i do worry that the dish and corner of house is gonnna end up in next doors garden or car when its windy lmfao

Which is why sometimes its better not to have the bolts too tight ;)

Back