Bl**dy Wind

:lol:

I looked out the bedroom window and I see it swaying in the wind :( I knew the U clamps had worked loose
I hardlt slept tbh and kept thinking the dish would be in someones garden by morning all bent and mangled lmao

you wouldnt be luao if it hits someones conservatory or car pmsl

Oh I never thought of damaging someone elses stuff :(
how selfish :(

My dish got moved due to the wind yesterday. Tried re-aligning it in the dark with a sat finder, and picked up 19.2e instead. lol
Been pissin down today so aint bothered and looks like its guna be crap tomorrow too... Been watching 19.2e todayy, some decent footy on there i wouldnt have normally seeen. Lmaoo
Will give it a go in the next few days to pick up 28.2.

Lucky my sky dish has not moved yet. Get up in morning and it may be out a bit or even came off wall. Hope it does not :) hope ye guys have some luck with yours.

Fireblade.

Lucky my sky dish has not moved yet. Get up in morning and it may be out a bit or even came off wall. Hope it does not :) hope ye guys have some luck with yours.

Fireblade.

Well when i fitted mine initially, i didnt 100% tighten all the bolts, as i just about got a signal and when tightening it more kept losing the sat. It worked fine for 6 months or so. I knew that it would happen eventually and id have to go up to align it again. But had the mentality of "if it aint broke, dont fix it."
This time ill do a proper job of it, becuase i know its not that hard, and just take a bit of patience to align properly.

Aye you need to do a proper job when ye are putting/fitting a dish. Like i said lucky enough my dish is still ok.

Fireblade.

Bloody windy here tonight dish moved again :( lucky its seems to moved back to where its meant to be after moving a few days in the high winds lol

Mission to get up there to as mini dish in the way now :( Just hope it aint down by tomorrow but it aint looking good

Jason

i must admit im pretty impressed,ive put my dish up meself not lost
signal or nowt with these winds we are having,might take a look
at the weekend to see if any damage has been done,i got a feelin
the house will blow down before the dish

lol have got that felling. Get up in the morning and only dish still up. Aha. Well it sounds bad out there now. Blowing at about 80 90mph maby.

Fb.

sent from my GT-15801 using tapatalk pro

gonna have a check on mine now cos i can here a dull thump
every now and then

windy.gif

Simba92 if you realigned dish and could only pick up astra 19.2 your dish elevation is too high, you need to lower it at the lnb end of course and swing it back left a little (looking from behind dish its to the left) also if the dish alignment changes whilst tightening it means usually that the elevation is changing so after locking up the azimuth nuts ( tightening each one a couple of turns at a time then switching to the other) re adjust your elevation you should be ok then. I'm in the west of Ireland if anyone needs assistance pm me.

Moved my Triax88 to 5 west on Tuesday morning making it side-on to the wind. It is still OK on all sats.
It helps to have a ground mount in the garden or a dish mounted low on the wall ~ dead easy to access and fix.

well i ventured out to not only realign mine but to change lnb and the cabling, can report back it was pretty painless (for a change) and im all back up and running, oh how ive missed the other sats apart from 28e (which it was stuck on).

Sorted mine today, as easy as pieee :)
Took about 20mins and a trusty satfinder to find the sat and get signal to 99.

Made sure everything is really secure this time, and even a hurricane couldnt move it now. :Laugh:

the wind seemed worse last night and not really let up during today :(

I went back up and re tightend the bolts as I could still hear a knocking noise

seems the dish has totally moved lol will need t buy a ladder I think for sure

I can't even be bothered going out, I have two recycling bins that where full which are now bouncing around my garden, pretty pointless to fill them back up again only to have them all over the place tomorrow.

well my dish was fitted with nice new motor and new quad lnb last night and still even after me pulling and tugging at it it is rock solid on the arc

these winds knackered my motorised dish the last time and just got guy out last week to install another dish on roof and BAM less than a week later and a night of strong winds and the bloody thing seems to have moved up or down :( as searching east/west im not getting any signal

only getting 60 odd % AGC at 28e in satfinder on dreambox image nothing at all in SNR :(

getting 50/60% AGC at 19e, 16e aswell in satfinder but still no SNR

what is AGC anyway ??? and why do i get that and not SNR ???

cheers

im in Glasgow btw

Last edited:
Back