Best cable box

Nothing wrong with China I get all my boxes from Mixe and never had a dud yet or paid much tax.
My last order was a dm 800hd plus 8 cable tuners for 170 quid.

Andy

Mmmmmm well my cable tuner still has't arrived after 35 days and apparently is residing somewhere in Brazil.

Mmmmmm well my cable tuner still has't arrived after 35 days and apparently is residing somewhere in Brazil.

It's stopped off to watch the world cup expect a postcard in a few days saying " See you in another 35 days "

Sorted anybody had any experience with sundtek usb dvb-c tuner with a Vu Duo.

I always go with DHL and its here within the week I'm guessing you used the cheaper postage option?

Andy

That was my way if thinking + im sure u cant record sat and cable at same time with a dual tuner

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

Only if the tuners can be swapped out eg. 1 x sat tuner and 1 x cable. I don't know the in's and out's of all the boxes available, some have fixed tuners and can't be changed. I have a DM8000HD which I bought second hand off the bay at £500 ouch!!!

Don't scoff.....it has paid for itself if you do the maths..............

It has 2 x DVB-S2 fixed tuners plus two empty tuner slots !!!!!! one of which had a DVB-C already added as an extra. Got another DVB-S2 tuner in and all was great.....I have since replaced the extra sat tuner with a DVB-C/T (cable and terrestrial) which works fine on cable and I can record either sat or cable or both together.

Does anyone have any experience using an Golden Interstar XPEED LX3?

It is a twin tuner enigma2 satellite PVR but also offers an additional two extra tuner slots which can be configured for extra satellite, cable, dvb-t2 tuners which offers the flexibility to configure it as a combined twin satellite and a twin cable PVR.

The specs on paper are better than the Vu+Duo2.

hmm cable networks on sd meaning no hd??

i dont see why you cant record sat and cable at the same time,on the duo on sat i had both tuners recording 3 on each while viewing a recording on hard drive as when both tuners are in use you cannot view on them unless program is on same tp as channel list is greyed out so you cant choose them.

I think the inability to record simultaneously was in reference to hybrid/combo tuners. Twin or more tuners will record/swap fine.
@cactikid, can you expand on the first sentence in post 48 with regards to SD/HD?

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry yes googled the golden interstar xspeed lx3,maybe i read it wrong copy and paste again.
Details
Golden Interstar LX3 is not for only enthusiasts! Now available with pre-configured images. If you choose pre-configured image, you'll get: Pre-installed:
OpenViX image
-Transponder information for terrestrial, cable and satellite channels to ensure easy and fast channel searching
-OSCam, CCcam and MGcamd for pay-tv cards. OSCam is active as default (you can select the default card reader program in the menus) and it is compatible with Conax (Canal Digital (also HD), PlusTV, finnish terrestrial and cable networks (only SD), Viaccess (Al Jazeera Sports, Redlight HD, Penthouse HD), NDS Videoguard (Viasat (only SD), Sky Italia (only SD), Sky UK (also HD), Sky Germany (also HD)) and many more.
-CrossEPG for EPG information (including Canal Digital)
-OpenWebif web interface for controlling the receiver, watching live tv and playing recordings with PC or Android device (Check compatible Android Tablets with instructions beside)
-Opera netbrowser
-Foreca Weather
-DLNA Browser
-Google Newsreader
-Live Football
-Picture player
-HbbTV
-Media Portal - internet TV

azbox ultra hd clone or inet ultra hd as they sometimes called are very good box
stable and run the opene rsi software

three-jpg.224

six-jpg.223

one-jpg.221

five-jpg.219

Attachments

• 179-fd83e213d4aaca48c97fb41cad4cc0e9.jpg
    179-fd83e213d4aaca48c97fb41cad4cc0e9.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 86
nothing much between the 3 Amiko combo comes out on top because it also has a sat tuner. Ibox 3 is better but build quality is hit and miss.

i can speak from personal experience I had absolutely no problems with signal level when I tested a couple last week. The thing is people jump to the conclusion of poor tuner rather than poor signal which is usually the problem. Also some people have too strong a signal.

i can speak from personal experience I had absolutely no problems with signal level when I tested a couple last week. The thing is people jump to the conclusion of poor tuner rather than poor signal which is usually the problem. Also some people have too strong a signal.

I base my comment on comparing the ibox 3 tuner to a 800se and a duo2 with cable tuners both needing less than 40db to be artefact free and no glitchin ive 1 ibox 3 but i have 2 c/t tuners for it one a samsung and i forget the other both are unable to give a clear artefact glitch free picture FTA on the 37-42db Openpli tells me i have on the se and duo 2. To get it perfect on the ibox 3 ive to use the old yellow brick to boost the signal to 55db or above.

So my comment is based on experience with other tuners and i stand by it the ibox 3 needs a strong signal this is well documented all over the net. You must be lucky and have a good signal from a high tap to start with.

Just checked my signal strength pretty much same as yours as I said build quality does seem to be a bit hit and miss maybe some are better than others. I must say I was expecting to have signal issues myself based on all the posts about it. Did you find any other problems with yours or was it just the tuner.

can't beat the dream box 500c or 800c both work well

Just checked my signal strength pretty much same as yours as I said build quality does seem to be a bit hit and miss maybe some are better than others. I must say I was expecting to have signal issues myself based on all the posts about it. Did you find any other problems with yours or was it just the tuner.

I dont have a problem with the tuner at 55db input.

How are you mesuring the db you have as the ibox with not display a db reading the tuner are not capable. They 99% signal strength at anything above 30db

same way as you mate with a Duo2. Is there a better way to test can I just stick my horizon meter on it lol

same way as you mate with a Duo2. Is there a better way to test can I just stick my horizon meter on it lol

I just rely on tuners that can display a db reading mate.

If i use the duo tweak the signal to 55db then the duo2 has issues the signal is too strong pop the ibox3 on then and it is perfect.

My advice anyone thinking of getting a ibox3 dont get a 800se with cable tuner bit more but better tuner wise.

Back