Best cable box

slacky1230

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys

As you all know sky is currently disappearing. Although I'm in no rush to switch to cable as sd channels are fine for me but for the future what's the best cable box to use? Currently got a solo2 which is great wouldn't mind some thing similar for cable.

Thanks

A duo2 takes a cable tuner and gives you the same preformance

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

I would also consider for performance wise of the Solo2 the Gigablue Quad+ has 2 fixed DVB-S2 tuners and 2 x Pug & Play tuners and is the same chipset as the Solo2.

If you wanted you could have 2 X Cable Tuners and 2 X Sat Tuners installed something which the Duo2 cannot and is also around £100 cheaper

so whats the closest box with swappable tuners that compares with vu boxes, has to have good GUI, epg...etc..

amiko alien 2 has triple tuner with 2 sat and cable , runs enigma 2 image and most plugs people need
and can be had for £150

not quiet as quick as vu but runs fine . not tried the cable side as no cable here but know it runs fine
just need to tweak a few files

The Amiko is a bargain price alright but how many image teams support it for Enigma2, Remember support is everything to make a receiver work and Enigma2 runs correctly on a Broadcom Based receiver the Amiko runs a ported version

there is a few image teams out there for it but its all down price and preference and not many people needed the t/c tuner when released but this is changing
i have an image that was last updated a few days ago so there is support just take a little more looking

think ill stick to the vu+ range, mind you never tried any others always been a vu+ person, lil...if its not broken dont fix it...:Biggrin2:

Here's a list of boxes:

Q5 HD PVR
Openbox C4
Amiko Mini HD
Amiko Mini Combo
Cloud iBox 3
Estar 800HD SE
Estar 800HD SE Triple
Sunray 800HD SR3
Sunray 800HD SE SR4
Blade Combo
DM800c
VU+ Uno
VU+ Ultimo
VU+ Duo 2
Gigablue SE
Gigablue SE+
Gigablue UE
Gigablue UE+
Gigablue Quad
Gigablue Quad+

I know a few people using the Amiko Mini HD T2C which is only £50.

Here's a list of boxes:

Q5 HD PVR
Openbox C4
Amiko Mini HD
Amiko Mini Combo
Cloud iBox 3
Estar 800HD SE
Estar 800HD SE Triple
Sunray 800HD SR3
Sunray 800HD SE SR4
Blade Combo
DM800c
VU+ Uno
VU+ Ultimo
VU+ Duo 2
Gigablue SE
Gigablue SE+
Gigablue UE
Gigablue UE+
Gigablue Quad
Gigablue Quad+

Are there others? I've just come across ORTON XC403P HD which looks like the same unit as Openbox...but maybe completely unworkable?

loads of others dm800se does that not have swappable tuners if needed?
and you know of phoenix hd a850 and phantom hd closed source

Back