Battlestar Galactica

I have downloaded episode 10. My intentionswere to download all of present series before starting to watch them, but the next episode is not due to air for another 6 months. I'm not waiting that long so i'll be sat in front of the tele tonight (probably all night):Clap:

The mrs and I saw episodes 9 and 10 the other night. It was the best TV I can remember in a long long time. Episode 10 had me shaking with excitement.

Brilliant episodes!

The mrs and I saw episodes 9 and 10 the other night. It was the best TV I can remember in a long long time. Episode 10 had me shaking with excitement.

Brilliant episodes!

It has that effect doesn't it? Nothing else on television at the moment comes anywhere near.

So does anyone know how long the break is going to be before the next half of the final series?

If its too long I may start watching Heroes as I haven't seen a single season.

I am sure going to miss Sol Thai and Caprica Six once its all over.

The current talk seems to be in terms of six to nine months before it returns.

Did you know that they are working on a pilot to a prequel?

Called Caprica.

That would be awesome Hamba. We can see Bill Adama and Sol in their younger days LOL.

Shucks 6-9 months! I was thinking it would be a three month break at best. I don't mind waiting for the end of the show. I bet it is fantastic.

So what makes a cylon a cylon.....?

Munkey - have you seen the original miniseries/pilot?

There are two 90min episodes.

We just watched them over the last couple of evenings and really enjoyed them.

I think I enjoyed them more than I would if I'd seen them at the beginning.

I did manage to catch the series in sequence including the miniseries. IIRC it was a three hour episode instead of six half hour episodes, which I managed to watch in one sitting. I enjoyed them so I thought I would start the series on DVD. 33 was the next episode and I have been hooked since.

My wife started watching towards the end of series two so we're all going to go back and watch the first series again and I really do look forward to it.

At first I thought that the show was a political commentary on the war in Iraq but its a whole lot more than that. Once the series is over I'm going to head on down to scifi.com and have a read of some of the forums. Hopefully these guys can shed some light on some of the finer points that I may have missed.

So the fifth is not in the fleet. The only people that were on the base ship were Baltar, Boomer and Roslin (maybe B.Adama too?) Surely Baltar isn't the fifth although he has been made to look like Jesus at times.

Maybe the fifth is someone from the past series or Deanna could just be lying? the suspense is too much LOL.

So the fifth is not in the fleet. The only people that were on the base ship were Baltar, Boomer and Roslin (maybe B.Adama too?) Surely Baltar isn't the fifth although he has been made to look like Jesus at times.

Boomer is a cylon - Number 8

Thanks Tony. Are you saying that Boomer is the the final fifth cylon? I know that Boomer is a cylon as she was 'activated' during the show.

I was trying to deduce who the last cylon could be based on what Deanna said about four of them being on board the Galactica (or did she say fleet?)

Boomer (Sharon Valerii) is a number eight.
We do not know who the fifth final cylon is.

ISTR she said fleet.

Thanks Tony. Are you saying that Boomer is the the final fifth cylon? I know that Boomer is a cylon as she was 'activated' during the show.

I was trying to deduce who the last cylon could be based on what Deanna said about four of them being on board the Galactica (or did she say fleet?)

no no no.......just that Boomer is already accounted for as a cylon already

The current talk seems to be in terms of six to nine months before it returns.

Did you know that they are working on a pilot to a prequel?

Called Caprica.

As usual hamba is spot on.

Battlestar Galactica creator Ronald Moore says back half of final season won't air until next year, "Realistically there's no way to get back on the air faster than early 2009." It's not just about post-production, though. The network understandably wants to avoid competition with other competitors, such as major networks' fall schedules.

BSG's wait may be worth it. The Chicago Tribune Citing "inside sources," says the final season could be extended by as many as two hours! The two extra hours--if true--would probably be added to the final episode, making it one heck of a mega-finale. Apparently Moore's finale script is big.

Another bit of good news: At least one of the previously reported Battlestar TV movies is looking very likely. The movie would be similar to the Razor telefilm, and flesh out a tangential storyline.

btw...Caprica premieres on 1st December 2008...so plenty of time to watch Heroes munkey

It must be that we Ulstermen are just that wee bit sharper than the other Brits - would you agree Jaffa?

:) :) :) :)

Spoiler Alert!

That's great to hear about the mega long episodes for the last half of the final season jaffa.

Tell you what though gents we are lucky that the writers strike over in the US ended when it did, as I read somewhere that if it had gone on any longer Ep 10 would have been the season finale. Imagine that, revealing the final cylon and going to Earth all in a few episodes.

SPOILER ALERT!

Do you guys think that they landed on earth at the end or did Gaeta screw up the directions LOL? It looked like earth with all of the background buildings, maybe its earth in the future. IIRC Ron Moore in an interview discussed earth in three dimensions, the past, the future and finally what we deem to be the future. Maybe this was deemed to be an example of earth in the future?

Back