Battlestar Galactica

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
I don't hear much talk of this TV show on these forums but the last series has just begun on SciFi.

This is the first sci fi series I have seen since T-Kirk was in charge of the Enterprise on BBC2 back in the 70's.

If anyone hasn't caught the show I'd recommend that you download the series 1 pilot episode and check it out. IMO series 1 and 2 were the best TV you can watch behind 24 and The Soprano's. Its won plenty of awards too outside of the sci fi arena and is critically acclaimed.

In short do yourself a favour and check that pilot episode out. If you're not a convert I'll eat my hat :)

Spoiler ALERT!
BSG fans - Are there any of you on this board? Cant wait to see who the fifth cylon is!

Hey

i am a big fan, still not sure who the 5th is tho :p

nightmare that it is finishing soon :(, seems lately that the best tv series are ending, and being replaced by crap nowadays.

This season 1st ep, was epic, like watching a movie :)

Recommended as well

Spoiler ALERT!
BSG fans - Are there any of you on this board? Cant wait to see who the fifth cylon is!

I think it's going to be someone that leads the fleet so I'm going to go for Laura Roslin.

Think there is going to be a few more twists, Bill Adama is also a possibility but can't get my head around the fact another cylon (Sharon) tried to assassinate him.

Starbuck (Kara) is an obvious choice having disappeared for 2 months and she only thinks she been away for a few hours but I think that is to mislead us.

In this order me thinks the 5th cylon is one off the following

Laura Roslin
Bill Adama
Lee Adama

just my guess for now so we have to see how it pans out

I don't thinks its Laura Roslin. I think the pattern so far is that all the 4 cylons have all been there to protect key humans

Bill Adama protected by Thai
Laura Roslin protected by her assistant
The first ever half cylon baby protected by Chief
Starbuck protected by her boyfriend

So if the pattern is right the cylon should be a person who protects or is a guardian of a key figure.

I hope that this last series is much better than the third series as I was a little disappointed with that. They really did drag the story line much more than was needed.

Has anyone seen the first two episodes of series 4?

I love it - a proper scifi series - as opposed to stupid stuff like Torchwood and Dr Who.

I love it - a proper scifi series - as opposed to stupid stuff like Torchwood and Dr Who.

Very true. I hate the way that the boundry between real sci-fi and junk has become blurred nowadays.

Tell you what though lads, pop over to the sci fi channel website and go to the battlestar forums and you see some of the biggest nerds and geeks the world ever saw.

All those battlestar sigs are hilarious.

It sounds like it as he mentioned the 'sitar' music in S4 Ep1. He looks so close to Jesus it could be..

I think Kara has to be the bookies favourite! It would be a bit far to bring another way for them to invent another way that characters can come back to live. I think its a bit odd that Roslin has some kind of connection to other cylons, but maybe that's because she has cylon blood in her! The whole dream sharing thing really had me convinced though, but then why didnt she hear the music that the other 4 did.

The plot thickens!!

im only on season 3 ....my bruvs got me into this one.....ahhh just watch the mini series thay said......

just on season 3 episode 13........

with sky one having the rights to this in the uk it has lost quite a big audience.....i saw an ad for this about a month ago and i thought wow got to watch this.....didnt realise its been going for years...:sneaky:

5 episodes in I my hatred for Baltar is back.

LOL I'd forgotten about that, now I hate him even more...

Can't stand that pussy Helo either. Lee Adama is on my list too.

In fact too many of the men are feminine. I would much rather some John Rambo type guy fighting the cylons and not these modern men with touchy touchy feelings for everything and anybody.

I'm still on series one. M8 has lent me seasons one, two and three boxsets as well as the pilot movie and Razor. :Clap:

How did I miss this show on TV I do not know.

I'm still on series one. M8 has lent me seasons one, two and three boxsets as well as the pilot movie and Razor. :Clap:

How did I miss this show on TV I do not know.

You've got a lot of great viewing to look forward to edds m8. As I said in an earlier post, this is one of the best things there's been on the box for donkey's years.

Back