Resistance is futile....

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm far from calling myself a Trekie. I never really cared much for TOS but I've enjoyed the other shows (and films) very much over the years and recently, Discovery has easily been one of the best shows on TV (of sorts) for mnay years. An outstanding second season and a very clever ending to release it from it's shackles that has nicely stuck to story arcs as a prequel.

Picard was announced some time ago and from what I read at the time it sounded a nice idea to revisit a character like that so mnay years on, but they also made it sound like it wasn't going to be the usual sci-fi action show you'd expect from the franchise, and dare I say it, even a little boring.

Well, a trailer has just dropped for it at SDCC and to my surprise, it looks like a bloody good watch. There's some welcome old faces too and involvement of that ultimate enemy... the bastards that dwell on cubes! :eek:

Live long and.... all that old fanny :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When reading your post I was expecting it to be a Picard prequel. I'm delighted it is not.

Only disappointing thing about it is we have to wait till 2020. 😭😭

Thanks again I never knew this was in the making.

Looks good, Voyager and Next gen are my favourites and Deep space nine is good once they go to war.

Yeah Voyager was probably my favourite untl Discovery came along. Again, sounded a bit duff as a concept but the story lines and prodcution are amazing.

I've been a fan of trek since it started way back in 1969, and it just got better and better over the years, looking forward to Picard.

Discovery was excellent, a good reboot of the series. Enjoyed Voyager especially when they went to liquid space and found the borg spheres.

Always been a trekkie here, Tos was really before my time but tng was fantantic for me especially season 7. DS9 was good and so was voyager. I think enterprise seemed to lose its way. Discovery is good but i must say i really do like watching The Orville I know is not trek but) . I hope picard brings back some old characters.

So it looks like picard, 7 of 9, will ryker and diana troy and que are all in it :) i did not see them all in the trailer but there is nice breakdown of the trailer on youtube.

Last edited:
@kegnkiwi same here. The Orville is awesome.

Both shows were released on the same day and the first one I watched always was the Orville. Season 2 of discovery was good but a small bit all over the place.

So surprised that voyager seems to be every ones fav. I always thought I was the only one.😆

I couldn't believe it when I first watched The Orville just how close they got it. I thought it was going to be a deliberatley shoddy looking parady, but they really went to town on the effects.

Can you imagine Picard or Janeway knocking out humour like that? :D

Just some of the comedy of the orville is great, like what do we do when nothings happening on our shift, Let watch a movies on the main viewing screen. Can I bring a soda onto the bridge. I always found that on the enterprice of voyager you never actaully saw them taking a pee. On the orville the episode with bortus where mocalns can eat anything and they get him to eat a light bulb. Just the humour makes it. :)

The episode were the Captain falls in love with guy who did his Mrs was funny, or when Bortus invites them to his annual pee, the end of series 2 though they really pushed the boat out, I can't wait for series 3.

Seth Macfarlane is a big Trekkie apparently, guess he's got the clout to grab Trek Alumni. I initially thought that Isaac was voiced by Brent Spiner when I watched the first episode.

My thanks VectorZ for the topic👍 I have always been a Trekkie/Trekker and this is the first I've heard of the show so it is well appreciated.

Thank goodness I found a new forum.

DS 9 was good but not as good as B5
Cannot agree more, Babylon 5 is excellent, only just finished watching the whole five seasons again. brilliant story telling.

Cannot agree more, Babylon 5 is excellent, only just finished watching the whole five seasons again. brilliant story telling.
Now that's been placed on my 'to do list' or more correctly my must watch (again) list.

Errr, silly me... I checked and I have the DVD boxed set :oops: and it mus tbe years old in my TV cupboard... Just need to watch 'em.

Yeah, just download it with all movies series and extras. Nice.

Back