ArNet KryptView -- (Beta Fix) 22/10/2007 Release

is it not only the 21/10/07 today you go into the future and get this for us?

It may be something to do with the firmware being compiled in Asia somewhere, which has tomorrow 8-10 hours before we do ;)

Last edited:
Thanks to all concerned in the bringing about of this release, i'm truly gratefull.
I have to agree with all the positive comments so far, only one observation on the downside, before i flashed with this release my signal was a constant 75/77, now it's 61/63.
Although all channels are ok i'm hoping the lower signal won't be a problem in the future.
This of course could also be an area problem,so i'd like to know if anyone else as noticed it?(after re-flashing)

Last edited:
Further to the above, my 2nd box which hasn't been re-flashed, and is hooked up to the same feed,is showing a signal of 76.
Which leads me to believe it is the fix that's lowered the signal.
As stated before all channels are ok though on the lower signal.

Bob noticed the exact same thing. My signal strength which was circa 75% is now circa 55%. It still picked up all channels and picture quality is very good with no signs of any break up. I will keep an eye out though.

Been told not to worry about the signal strength there has been new tuner drivers added but you should have no problems. Scanning may take longer because it is picking up more information.

mash

Cheers Mash.also noticed a drop in signal strentgh with the new firmware same as deanoboy hovering around the 55% mark but no signs of picture breaking or glitching.like the channel line up(numbers) same as the subbed box.
regards sachin.

Yes, same observations as those above, my signal was around 75 but flashed new firmware and now is around 50-55. Doesn't seem to effect the picture as its now better than ever on almost every channel. Still one or two missing and not in the TV***. Great firmware release though. Turned this into a really great STB.

was flickin thro movie channels and had that annoying woman in corner doin sign language how do i get rid of her on this box?

press the button marked ♫ (to the right of the 0 button) then scroll down to BL2: eng then hit the ok button...
ooops ...you mean the woman(not the voiceovers for the blind)...
take a cereal box and cut out an 8 inch square, then cunningly use masking tape to place over the offending woman.

Last edited:
glitching here ?

im in pure n*l area getting glitching with this image mainly on music channels mtv magic etc also box froze and display 0 on front had to power down ??.

is their any chance we can get a suggestions sticky or fix request section

1)change background colour to one solid could so you can read text on epg where it overlaps
2) use ok to choose channel in epg not exit and move reserve channel (book a progam) to the red button
3)picture in epg would be nice to see

4) 7 Day EPG? i can only get now/next (unless am missing something) Answered by ukbob To view the 7 day EPG, press EPG button on remote,then press 0.
Scroll left/right to change the day,only works on 1 channel at a time at present

5)Text colour change or theme/skins
6)Acess to keys menu. incase of key method change

Their are just 6 of many impovement that could be made to the near perfect box

im in pure n*l area getting glitching with this image mainly on music channels mtv magic etc also box froze and display 0 on front had to power down ??.

i have friends in notts pure with stars/thebox/dream/box all having freeze and glitching over past 3 weeks and picking up fake keys which make box freeze

Last edited:
To view the 7 day EPG, press EPG button on remote,then press 0.
Scroll left/right to change the day,only works on 1 channel at a time at present.

Quick question for you guys did the kryptview box update fine during this weeks key rolls ?

Considering ditching my eurovox and getting this one instead thats all :)

Quick question for you guys did the kryptview box update fine during this weeks key rolls ?
Considering ditching my eurovox and getting this one instead thats all :)

Yes. never even noticed that they had rolled :eatarrow:

ahh cheers good news at least :)

Now I just gotta decide if I should go for it or go for the £300 Virgin V+ HD box ive been offered !

Cant decide lol

£300 thats fookin day light robbery.I would person ally go for drembox clone or eurovox max v both better boxs in my opinion

£300 you've got to be joking..
I'd go for the Kryptview myself,easily the best plug and play box on the market at the moment.
The tuner is second to none in my opinion.

Kryptbox is top of my list but it was none the less an interesting offer I mean its HD... surely the tuner and picture quality will be better?.... and record 2 programs and watch a 3rd is well wowee.

Not that I currently need that id personaly wait for the eurovox HD or Krypbox HD box if ever such a product arrives ;)

Back