Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

They have v3s in stock with new remote but there not posting these on there page yet there trying to clearout v2s first but i seen there ad on another sellers site.

Do we know the differences between the v2 and v3 models? I'll email my contact at said quoted company should we not have any updates say by the end of the week. I'm hoping it's got a larger CPU fan (v2 is ok but whines at high RPM due to it's size. I do not like the new Sunray remote especially if it doesn't have an EPG button. If anyone gets a v3 model let us know! :)

I have a sunray with detachable/independent flash board with nand flash chip on it. The remote, however, is the vu look-a-like one.

The seller said it was a v3 but I don't believe it was as security chip itself still states v2.

I don't believe there actually is a v3 as such with security chip that indicates v3. I think all they've done is revised v2 so it has detachable board with nand flash on it and looks like they've changed remote to their own version (which is probably cheaper).

Me and me mate rang the lonrisun factory yesterday 3 times 2times the phone just rang out 3rd time the phone rang for half the time and somebody picked the phone up and put it back down again so theres somebody there.

If members of lonrisun boxes go to the two sites above they have a forum and start posting asking what is going on with these boxes we have a better chance in getting a straight answers.

So if you can go to said sites forum and start posting about this box it will help.

@dubliner, could you maybe post the forum website addresses within "code" brackets so others know it without breaking forum rules.

I would maybe post it in a new thread to ensure as many people as possible read it and hopefully with a lot of pressure Lonrison will cave in and actually support existing customers.

I'll be honest with the new OE-A core coming, the images could be become unstable due to having to do online updates from such old versions to new versions just to try and keep images current but still kind-of compatible with the really old drivers.

If Lonrison haven't time to release new images then if they at least released the latest xbmc drivers that are safe for Lonrison clones (which may or may not require a new flash update) then we could do the rest.

Last edited:
Dont hold your breath,Lonrison dont and wont give a dam about you or the products..
these boxes are made by loads of different factory's in china and not by one Lonrison factory,they dont give a hoot about the end user so long as they got a sale,they are in china you are here what you going to do is their attitude..
we all know what we are doing when buying clone boxes and i have had many your basically on your own apart from support here and other forums but the way things are going its just not going to be worth it anymore the cost advantages of purchasing a clone are becoming smaller and smaller and clone manufacturers are not wising up and supporting the buyers.

I agree that Lonrison don't care but eventually it will hurt them with sales because new sales could potentially become non existent due to customers either buying original or Sunray clone.

At first, not everyone will have known what they got themselves into as before clone bomb, the boxes took original images without problem and original solo2 were really expensive so for us customers it would have been a win, win situation.

Anyone buying Lonrison clones now have no excuse as most realise they can't take original images and with a little research will realise no support really.

Yep you can not blame people for trying to get a good deal and it was great fun in the old days but as you say the china guys are kind of screwing themselves with crap support and attitudes towards the end user..Im glad the genuine market has done something about things (price wise not time-bombing)and we all see now that genuine boxes are a dam site cheaper today than they were a year ago maybe when sales of clone boxes drop dramatically the china folk will do something to get the market back but as you say alot of people now are not bothering with clone VU+ boxes and im one..fair enough you pay £120-£130 for solo2 clone plus a bit of shipping plus the customs you can end up paying in the end around £150..then the added hassle of chasing your tail and the ever looming threat of a bricked box..with genuine vusolo2 boxes now available under £200
What we need is a new vu clone manufacturer not sunray or lourison nor dragonworth someone new putting out great clones at great worth the hassle prices.

What we need is a new vu clone manufacturer not sunray or lourison nor dragonworth someone new putting out great clones at great worth the hassle prices.
with support like latest images.

It can't be that hard to patch drivers as didn't take Sunray support team long to do it.

Good evening lads yea i agree with what yous are saying i was trying to get some answers from sellers to help buyers.

Because people are spending there hard earned money and theses boxes some can,t afford to pay original prices so if i can find out any information that will help members of the satellite community from getting rip off i,ll keep trying.

As respect go,s both ways and these sellers have none .I even email sellers before xmas asking could they not get lonrisun to add v2 v3 v4 to there images on the vu-hd site as members were bricking there boxes because of there mistakes you can see yourself what good any of them emails did {nothing} .

So if these sellers think they can threat people as cash cows they can think again .
look at the price of the sunray now 195 euro and then customs or admin fees you must be joking .

So people need to think twice before they buy anything from these sellers as there getting greedy and there not thinking about repeat customers anymore just cash.

So if anybody thinking of buying clones make sure you ask all the question before you buy anything and check the price compared to a orignal box .

And on the first site ketmp mention click on buyers drop down to discussion thread this is were i,ll be posting over the weekend and it will be in chinese as these sellers have no control over this and they hate any bad feedback as i,am not buying anything off any of there sellers till they cop-on to them selfs which mybe never and i know one or two sellers scan this forum as i sent plenty of links to them about bricked boxes.

Without the great support of you guys on this forum I would never dreamed of getting a clone ,so far I have to say i'm delighted with it,previously had a TM nano oe and learned a lot from that but the Sunray is different class.
I hope the support continues it is very much appreciated.

Hi Guys
I noticed the box is running at 51 degrees according to VIX info,this seems a bit high and was wondering if anyone else had this?
Might need a better fan as I have a hard drive fitted?
Thanks

Turn the fan up mine sits at 19/20℃ 1876rpm always nice and cool, i also have a hdd fitted

I noticed the box is running at 51 degrees according to VIX info,this seems a bit high and was wondering if anyone else had this?
Is it a Sunray clone? If so, then ignore it as temp around cpu/fan/heatsink is around 30oC - see this thread.

If it's another type of clone like Lonrison then that is too high.

Is it a Sunray clone? If so, then ignore it as temp around cpu/fan/heatsink is around 30oC - see this thread.

If it's another type of clone like Lonrison then that is too high.

Yes it's a Sunray clone.

Thanks for that,I didn't think it was particularly warm to the touch on top of the box or underneath it and haven't noticed any glitching on free to air channels.

I have done the FPGA update and RS232 flash and it went as per the instructions. :proud:

But when I flash any new image I get a blank screen on my TV! I know the box is running as I can FTP the files, just no picture being displayed...:Mad2:

Do I need something else like new drivers?? OR disconnect the HDD (seen that suggested somewhere) when flashing a new Image??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have done the FPGA update and RS232 flash and it went as per the instructions. :proud:

But when I flash any new image I get a blank screen on my TV! I know the box is running as I can FTP the files, just no picture being displayed...:Mad2:

Do I need something else like new drivers?? OR disconnect the HDD (seen that suggested somewhere) when flashing a new Image??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have you got a Solo2 SE?

VU+ SOLO2
Its NOT an SE!

About a Year old.

I can put VIX 808 back on and its fine! I just wanted it to be HW Error free so I can flash Apollo etc...

Have you got a Solo2 SE?

VU+ SOLO2
Its NOT an SE!

About a Year old.

I can put VIX 808 back on and its fine! I just wanted it to be HW Error free so I can flash Apollo etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back