Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

hi how did you check the version as i dont know what version my vu solo box is on and if sunray or lorisun thanks in advance

Guys,
i have a solo2 which was stuck on 'starting' after numerous (6+) attempts of installing BH 2.0.8 it FINALLY worked. However im worried the same issue will return. So i want to do this RS232 cable FGPA update.

I skipped step 1 and tried to do step 2, but the .exe file DOES NOT detect the box and nothing appears in the black screen. Do i really have to do STEP 1 to make the .exe on step 2 work?. I dont want to do STEP 1 if step 2 isn't working you see. Im running the serial cable to a laptops serial port and set to COM1.

Thank you for a quick reply.

i have also sunray vu solo2 but in never used Black hole ...
And i flash only by usb,
from website indicated by upper right sticker
(box comed with an www adress sticked on the box)
for vu solo2 the best image that i tested so far is vti 9.0.x...
black hole has original feeds on the image
there always an risk to release a new clone atack...
vti uses custom feeds from openpli :D

I'm a little unsure what you're referring to as being "step 1".

The instructions that come with the update exe list step 1 as "First connect your STB with computer COM1 using RS232 cable". Obviously the computer can't talk to the box unless it's connected so if that's the "step 1" you're referring to then yes, you do really have to do "step 1" to make "step 2" work. From what you've said it sounds like you had them connected anyway, hence the confusion.

If you were referring to some other "step 1" from somewhere else then what was this step that you skipped actually telling you to do?

Its the nand flash take a look back on this thread it will show you the nands location then look at the nands model number on yours.
Hi Ferret, thanks for the reply, yeah I located the chip it had the lonrisun sticker on it which I peeled of but cant make out what it says on the chip due to the residue I will clean this up later, are all these chips different?

***EDIT***
Ok I cleaned the chip it reads samsung k9f2g08u0c, do I need this specific chip or will others work? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hi Ferret, thanks for the reply, yeah I located the chip it had the lonrisun sticker on it which I peeled of but cant make out what it says on the chip due to the residue I will clean this up later, are all these chips different?

***EDIT***
Ok I cleaned the chip it reads samsung k9f2g08u0c, do I need this specific chip or will others work? Thanks for your help.

Better to go with what it had the k9f2g08u0c some have used other chips but i dont remember the specifics but all the info is in this section.

***EDIT***

They were a couple of people selling flash chips pre loaded with blackhole on flea bay..I know you can still get the flash chips from alibarber site...
Sent you a PM with details of seller..

They were a couple of people selling flash chips pre loaded with blackhole on flea bay..I know you can still get the flash chips from alibarber site...
Sent you a PM with details of seller..
Thanks AJT I'll take a look

Hi too all...
Can I get link from aliba..site whit preloaded black hole...?
Thanks

Dear friend, I have a same as you say and I do not need Flash chip, if you are interested in what you say and I am sending
Sansumg 319
K9F2G08U0C
SCBO
Cheers

Anybody confirm vu+ turbo working on v4 boxes on cable in dublin !! as i sold my box about 1 1/2 years ago can,t test myself thanks.

The VU+ turbo uses it's own drivers, separate from normal image drivers so in theory it's possible.

However, it's not known whether the VU+ turbo drivers have the clone bomb in them. However, I haven't heard anything about such a thing :)

you can,t be to sure with vu+ these days ketmp he ended up pickin up an amiko mini combo instead he bootled it .

If i find out anybody usrin one i,ll post back ,i,am sure i read somebody usrin one but could have been a sunray box.!

Hi there, can you please send me some detailes on where I could find those [FONT=&quot]k9f2g08u0c allready programmed? thx[/FONT]

Back