Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

I want to purchase this box (Vu Solo 2 Clone) Plz give me some advice which is best mean freedom of any image flashing, easily recover from time bomb or wrong flashing firmware...etc...because i am very confused about selection...Lonrisun or Sunray...Thanks in advance...

I want to purchase this box (Vu Solo 2 Clone) Plz give me some advice which is best mean freedom of any image flashing, easily recover from time bomb or wrong flashing firmware...etc...because i am very confused about selection...Lonrisun or Sunray...Thanks in advance...

Best advice i can give is take a little time to read this thread mate all you want to know is in here as it will take to long to explain everything to you..
My choice would without doubt be a sunray box rather than any other..there is less chance of full brick.

Best advice i can give is take a little time to read this thread mate all you want to know is in here as it will take to long to explain everything to you..
My choice would without doubt be a sunray box rather than any other..there is less chance of full brick.

Thank You Friend for advice...i read some pages of this thread...but clearly i do not understand about decision for Sunray or Lonrisun...

Sunray V2 is available at all...but i can't find Sunray V3...so if knowledge about seller at Aliexpress who sold Sunray V3, plz send me link...Lonrisun and Sunray price difference very little like 2-5 USD...

For Sunray solo2 box visit
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

then search for either "Sunray solo2 v3" or "sunray solo2 independent flash"

There is no Sunray V3 at the moment .What's out there is a v2 revised with detachable flash chip on a little board which you can change without soldering if the need arises.

The chinese are calling sunray solo2 with a independent flash as v3. Personally, as I now have one, I believe it's a revision of v2 as only difference is nand flash chip on on a detachable board.

Even so this is still makes it that little bit easier to replace nand flash. What is unknown at this time, is if it's possible to get nand flash on the board replaced or if it's still just nand flash on it's own.

My sunray, which is on standby if not in use, stays around 50 according to temp and never had any problems heat wise in 9 months i've had it.

I read on this forum that someone had tested temp around CPU with laser thermometer and it was in fact lower than the 50 box was reporting. In fact, it was near the back of the box next to row of capacitors that was near the 50 the box was reporting.

This implied that temp reported is misleading possibly because of the position of the temp sensor being incorrect and looks like right next to capacitors rather than cpu area.

Mine sits at a steady 20℃, lonrision version other than changeing flash chip its been solid

I agree with Ketmp views .I have 2x Lonrinsun and 2x Sunray no issues at all with the boxes in regards to temperature differences.

Was thinking of buying a sunray box and was wondering what the shipping times to the UK are like.

Was thinking of buying a sunray box and was wondering what the shipping times to the UK are like.

That depends on where you buy from and the shipping you choose..
From China to UK shipping times using DHL or FEDEX is about four days from dispatch..and dispatch can take over a week which is the norm.

That depends on where you buy from and the shipping you choose..
From China to UK shipping times using DHL or FEDEX is about four days from dispatch..and dispatch can take over a week which is the norm.
Many thanks looking at CARTIER seller and they ship using DHL does say estimate del time 3-7 days but just thought i'd ask.

Many thanks looking at CARTIER seller and they ship using DHL does say estimate del time 3-7 days but just thought i'd ask.

I have ordered loads off Ali they normally always dispatch at the weekend when they have the weeks orders so box hangs around until Monday to get moving and your be lucky to get it on the Friday.

I have ordered loads off Ali they normally always dispatch at the weekend when they have the weeks orders so box hangs around until Monday to get moving and your be lucky to get it on the Friday.
I also noticed they generally dispatch over the weekend. Some do it Friday and others actually the weekend or Monday.

The newest sunray I ordered was dispatched Monday and arrived Thursday.

I feel sorry for those that place order say Tuesday as they could be waiting around for a while before their order is even dispatched.

Thanks for the replies lads/lassies,have just ordered will let you know how I get on.
Do I need to upgrade anything when it comes? reading through the thread the Sunray seems to be pretty good with plenty of clone safe images being updated regularly

Do I need to upgrade anything when it comes? reading through the thread the Sunray seems to be pretty good with plenty of clone safe images being updated regularly
No, just flash with whatever sunray clonesafe image you want.

Just got stung for £13 from DHL so must be on it's way.
Are you based in UK. I have only once got stung and it was for about £4, the other times I escaped. It's possible someone has done a random check on it and that's why.

Back