Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

You could try flashing with bootloader see this thread. I remember reading another forum member got it working by flashing with bootloader from blank screen.

You could try flashing with bootloader see this thread. I remember reading another forum member got it working by flashing with bootloader from blank screen.

Hmmm, I might try it? But I think I am happy with vix 808 as that runs nicely. Magic hd skin looks great on it.

Although to have my clone run like genuine would be fab.

@ ketmp

I see the guide you suggest to try is for VU solo2 SE, Mine is not the SE version so I don't think I will try this incase I brick it completely...

There is a Lonrisun bootloader but how do I tell if mine is a Lonrisun???

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this..

Last edited:
That link had bootloader for both Lonrison Solo2 and Solo2SE.

You said you flashed using rs232, which file did you flash?

If you have a sunray clone you will have sticker on top of box that refers to dreamoem website and/or hologram sticker on back stating sunray and/or mini usb port on back marked as "service".

If you have sticker on top referring to vu-hd website then it's a lonrison clone.

That link had bootloader for both Lonrison Solo2 and Solo2SE.

You said you flashed using rs232, which file did you flash?

If you have a sunray clone you will have sticker on top of box that refers to dreamoem website and/or hologram sticker on back stating sunray and/or mini usb port on back marked as "service".

If you have sticker on top referring to vu-hd website then it's a lonrison clone.

I used FPGA update in folder and RS232 with 808.bin that stated it made clone boxes HW Error free!

I do not have any stickers on the Box for either of the versions you have told me to look for... as I say the box is about a year old and I got it from china aliexpress...

I am thinking its a Lonrisun or something else but deffo not a sunray or SE. Its not a mini style box.

OK!
Did it!!! I have flashed with the lonrisun bootloader.. I just need to try a new image to see if its now de-cloned..

I will update this post when done.

UPDATE...
It kinda worked, it still was black screen with new images, until I used and image from www.vu-hd.com as per the PDF instructions then it worked! :proud:

Still not sure it is HW error free??

Last edited:
The main reason for doing this update was to get plugins to download from the menu again. But this still says No new plugins found!
Any way to get this sorted...

The main reason for doing this update was to get plugins to download from the menu again. But this still says No new plugins found!
Any way to get this sorted...

Which image have u on box ? if your using Vix Apollo just unrar this file and ftp the file to Ect and replace the opkg file thats there

Mick

Attachments

• opkg.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Which image have u on box ? if your using Vix Apollo just unrar this file and ftp the file to Ect and replace the opkg file thats there

Mick

Mickmc68 your a legend!!! THANKS SO MUCH. Thats what I've been trying to do for weeks... I owe you big time bud..

I have a vu solo 2 with one year and i have the problem that it is not a Lonrisun box. With FPGA update in folder and RS232 with 808.bin, the box is brick safe?

OK!
Did it!!! I have flashed with the lonrisun bootloader.. I just need to try a new image to see if its now de-cloned..

I will update this post when done.

UPDATE...
It kinda worked, it still was black screen with new images, until I used and image from www.vu-hd.com as per the PDF instructions then it worked! :proud:

Still not sure it is HW error free??

OK, silly question!

Does this mean I have installed the V4 drivers as I have got Apollo 29 running??

If not is there a link to the section that shows how to put V4 drivers on a Lonrisun clone?

Thanks in advance guys.

Whats the price of a genuine vu solo2 compared to a clone? Is it really worth it?

Whats the price of a genuine vu solo2 compared to a clone? Is it really worth it?
At the moment, sunray clone about £113 delivered and original £200+ (I believe).

No idea, i bought it in aliexpress one year ago.
Does it have any stickers on top indicating either visit dreamoem or vu-hd website? Does it have a hologram sticker on back that reads sunray with a mini usb port labelled "sunray"?

if you open a white label you beras putting lorinsun and the back has to put v2 or v4 near the USB connector.

Hi guys, made few post couple months back regarding my box. After a bit of research figured my box is a v2 lorisun clone as it had all the stickers as mentioned in this thread.

The box I have is a Vu+ solo2 mini, which takes images from this link VU+ and X Website --- DownLoads (support vu solo2 link)

I want to upgrade the firmware as i cannot use the feeds.

I see a update tool in the vu-hd site, the "UPDADE TOOLS_20140906" can I use that to update to v4? And use the recent uploaded lorinsun images in the downloads section.

Or do i have to do somsomething else such as the Fpga update (i only found it for v1 boxes)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
If u have bought the box after the time of update released date then u dont need to update it because these boxes were already sold with updated bin file. But if u can update it its not harmful for the box.
Yes u dont need to update FPG because it was the first update for the clones to accept original images . but with the passing of time the theory of clone hunting has new tricks.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Even if I update it to V4, would I be able to use any of the firmwares that are in the download section of this website? as the firmware on the vu hd site are old and cannot use the feeds on the vix firmares.

Last edited:
Back