Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

For some reason that I don't understand the max232 chips on the daughter boards are dying. Mine updated to v2 and v3 with no problems but failed to do v4 until I replaced the chip.

Morning lads can somebody recomend one of these TSOP or TOSP ! sockets for vu solo2 , i bought 2 solo2se a while back for friends and she was ment to put 6 chips for me aswell got boxes never got chips off them and she,s saying they where sent out/ which is bullshit 6 weeks now still waiting china post :-{ going to order new ones today after work any use other suppliers for these regards dubliner

Morning lads can somebody recomend one of these TSOP or TOSP ! sockets for vu solo2 , i bought 2 solo2se a while back for friends and she was ment to put 6 chips for me aswell got boxes never got chips off them and she,s saying they where sent out/ which is bullshit 6 weeks now still waiting china post :-{ going to order new ones today after work any use other suppliers for these regards dubliner

Loads of sellers on AliExpress selling the replacement chips with flashed firmware.

I paid £7.00 for each one.

Wow, this is one long thread but I'm very glad I read through it all!

I've previously only had experience with the Dreambox DM800HD PVR (both genuine & clones) but just decided to take the leap and upgrade to a Vu+ Solo2 (clone). I've orded from L&W through aliexpress and presume it will come with BlackHole but I've always used OpenPLi images so wish to stick with what I know.

Thanks to this thread I'm now under the impresion that all I should need to do is update the firmware to v4 with "UPDATE TOOLS_20140905" from VU+ and X Website --- Home and then install "OpenPLi-4.0-beta-vusolo2-20140904" from the same site and i should be good to go. Is that correct?

Also I can then lock the drivers should I so desire and although not recommended (and i probably won't) I could theoretically run updates through the menus on the box and the drivers *shouldn't* be replaced so I *should* continue to be safe from any Time Bomb?

Oops, i somehow double posted that. Can someone please delete this post? Thanks.

Last edited:
If you are using that site for your download there is no need to do anything but flash with the download because the software is safe for that clone

My initial thoughts were that I could simply install that clone safe image from the site and it would work fine just like I've always done with clone safe images on my clone DM800's but I read mention of the very latest image requiring the v4 firmware, even if it's a clone safe image. Whether that is true or not would it not however be foolhardy to omit the step of upgrading the firmware to v4 from day 1 if it adds some level of protection against a full brick and/or potentially having to replace the flash chip? Especially given the likelihood any of one of the little fingers in my household decided to navigate through the menus and hit update!

If little fingers are involved I doubt eben v4 will protect you

hello was wondering if lonrisun firmware is no longer supported on here.i see a lot of sunray downloads in the clone section.the Chinese site doesn't really upload new images ,can I just do a driver swap for newer images,ie download sunray clone firmware,then swap out drivers and use on a lonrisun box ?

hello was wondering if lonrisun firmware is no longer supported on here.i see a lot of sunray downloads in the clone section.the Chinese site doesn't really upload new images ,can I just do a driver swap for newer images,ie download sunray clone firmware,then swap out drivers and use on a lonrisun box ?

Simple answer sunray are now supporting their clone Lorison not so much.

A driver swap on its own no longer works.

thankyou for your reply,so the support is not as good as the sunray boxes.thanks again for your reply

Hi guys, Ive got a clone box, the vu+ solo2 mini.

This is the box I have VU+ and X Website --- Products

Im still on an old apollo 12 image. About a month ago the feeds stopped working.

Does anyone know, what latest image i can flash on this box, so I can have the feeds running again.

The vu-hd site still has old images and the update/plugin feeds dont work.

Im have no clue what to do with the other images as i am very new to these boxes.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

My box bricked itself one night.
Looking for a way to get it back.

Hi guys, Ive got a clone box, the vu+ solo2 mini.

This is the box I have VU+ and X Website --- Products

Im still on an old apollo 12 image. About a month ago the feeds stopped working.

Does anyone know, what latest image i can flash on this box, so I can have the feeds running again.

The vu-hd site still has old images and the update/plugin feeds dont work.

Im have no clue what to do with the other images as i am very new to these boxes.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

you can only use images that are available for download on the site you mentioned..
there are openatv images there which is as close to vix as your get and also pli images for your box so just use one of these...

My box bricked itself one night.
Looking for a way to get it back.

Hi you need to give us a bit more info..
what image where you using and what happened to cause a brick..did you do inbox update?
If you have updated the image inbox then the only way back is to change the flash chip as its been timebombed by updating the drivers.

Hi AJT
Pretty sure its the timebomb as will not flash, where can I get the flash chip and does it have to have an image on it?
Thanks

Back