Anyone get a reply from Technomate yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any signs of the source code then hehehe

cheers

osborne82

TBH i think theres more chance of sky giving away the source code for their receivers than TM giving it up, which is a shame

hmmmm, hold on a second, whats this?

http://www1.sky.com/opensourcesoftware/SkyHD/

C'mon TM, if sky can do it...........

Why has Sky decided to use Open Source Software?
Open Source Software is typically developed by communities that share an interest in that software and actively use and support it. This passion leads to high quality, reliable software that can be tailored for specific purposes. Sky has found a number of Open Source Software developments that provide capabilities that benefit the software used in the Sky HD box and in using the Open Source Software we and our customers also benefit from the ongoing support of the Open Source community.

Hopefully it's only a matter of time before they release the source.

They wont release the source and thats why its not as good as the dreambox.

Its not as if there is clones of the TM.

do you own a TM800 ?

yes I do :) and am very happy with it now so when all features are added Im sure its will be fantastic :)

I just wonder how people can comment/have an opinion on something they dont have

do you own a TM800 ?

No but am looking for a hd box (open source though) and after this shameless advert for eurosky I will be looking at their website to see what they have as they seem to look after their customers.

No but am looking for a hd box (open source though) and after this shameless advert for eurosky I will be looking at their website to see what they have as they seem to look after their customers.

I bought from them once and was taken a back but the constant updates and offers as a result of the Tm being postponed.

Just wish more places were so customer friendly.

Once my kitchen is out the way the TM will be in my shopping trolley :)

Last edited:
do you own a TM800 ?

I bought from them once and was taken a back but the constant updates and offers as a result of the Tm being postponed.

Just wish more places were so customer friendly.

Once my kitchen is out the way the TM will be in my shopping trolley :)

You could fit your reciever in the toilet never mind a kitchen mate, no need to remove the kitchen.

yes I do :) and am very happy with it now so when all features are added Im sure its will be fantastic :)

I just wonder how people can comment/have an opinion on something they dont have

I think if tm don't release the source code you will have a long wait for all the features as they don't seem to be in a rush to support there loyal customers!

The 'offer' is only being offered to those that pre-ordered or bought within days of release, that means that these boxes may have been slightly different from the boxes that most of you have, for example maybe the first 500 pre-release boxes are Hardware Revision 1 and maybe the rest are Revision 1.1?

We (pre-order/early buyers) aren't getting anything free or special, the way I see it is we are getting machines that are the same as the rest.

Obviously this is a pack of lies to cover up the real truth. ;)

You say "We" but i dought you bought your receiver much sooner than myself; i bought my TM800 on the 2nd of June when the official technomate website announces release on the 7th June so thats before the official release (correct me if im wrong).

Secondly, i the day after i got my receiver i recognised the extreme heat i was getting from my tm800 and to avoid damage etc etc i have had an external usb cooler underneath it ever since. i too have experienced plenty of crashed some with a green screen for just watching the box.

so when one retailer gets something out of the manufacturer because they are surely not paying for the new top cover themselves it only seems fair that the people who paid the SAME price from someone else should be entitled to it.

This is especially when this is not like a free usb which is pure kindness but assuming this is an improved top cover for the tm800 with fan or maybe more holes which is HARDWARE OF THE BOX it is only just that the manufacturer provides these for all affected.

For example, when toyota recalled cars they did not just recall from those that bought from toyota dealer, they recalled everyone affected.

I am sorry if i sound one sides but that's what alot of us feel like, we paid alot of money and are fine with beta testing the tm800 but when a fault is recognised and to be kept in the dark about the recall fix it feels like we are being robbed.

Then get on to your supplier and ask them to tackle TM directly on your behalf and see if they can come to some kind of arrangement, at cost to them, as Eurosky have

I'm pretty sure,well hoping tha there will be a fully working image by the end of the month

tbh there are only 2 real issues that concern me personally
thats recording and 16:9/4:3 fix and Id be pretty much happy :)

I'm pretty sure,well hoping tha there will be a fully working image by the end of the month

tbh there are only 2 real issues that concern me personally
thats recording and 16:9/4:3 fix and Id be pretty much happy :)

Looks like the box of the future, can somebody remind again where is the best place to get it from?

Si

Secondly, i the day after i got my receiver i recognised the extreme heat i was getting from my tm800 and to avoid damage etc etc i have had an external usb cooler underneath it ever since. i too have experienced plenty of crashed some with a green screen for just watching the box.

the day i bought my DM800, for £400, i also noticed the heat, bought a small usb fan, and over 2 years later, its still sweet as a nut

if you feel that there is a fault with your equipment, then get onto your supplier to get it repaired / replaced / rectified, this then gives the retailer the option of replacing the unit, or getting the manufacturers involved

I didn't say they were paying for it, but part of this situation does come at a cost to Eurosky... you'd know about this if you were a customer of theirs and bought one instead of posting speculation and worthless contributions.

It's as simple as that, a closed deal between Eurosky, their customers and TM.

There is no hardware recall, if it were that serious then TM would be obliged to inform everyone and replace/refund. If you seriously think it's that kind of problem then go through the motions, contact your suppliers and ask if they'll get involved, or god forbid, give Technomate a call yourselves and share your concerns so they can replace it for you like they have for others who can actually be bothered to do something about it rather than being a keyboard warrior

tbh Parad0x I do wonder why you troll this room ? I did ask if you owned a TM800 and you replied No

so why are you here constantly making comments on it ??

tbh Parad0x I do wonder why you troll this room ? I did ask if you owned a TM800 and you replied No

so why are you here constantly making comments on it ??

ah i see paradox is pink well i cant say i aint laughing lol

I am sorry if i sound one sides but that's what alot of us feel like, we paid alot of money and are fine with beta testing the tm800 but when a fault is recognised and to be kept in the dark about the recall fix it feels like we are being robbed.

So have you contacted your supplier and told him this?

No point in moaning at me just because my supplier seems to care more about his customers than your supplier.

I suggest you contact whoever you got it from and tell them of your gripes.

BTW, tomorrow is the big day.

I might take some pictures. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back