another pace 4001 problem?

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a pace 4001 and when i turn it on its stuck in tune (i have read all the stuck in tune guides")

I have checked my freq is right and net id.

Thing is if i press down and force it to boot up it does but stays on the virgin page for about 20-30 mins before turning on? then its telling me my smartcard isnt inserted properly (i will try another card later)

what can be stopping the machine from booting up straight away?

just booted it up again and it took 10 mins but iu forgot to mention when it does finally boot up, its a very static picture and sound, like as if its breaking up and that lasts about 5-10 mins?

is this a tuner problem?

many thanks

Last edited:
how come people are replying to a similar problem a few posts above me but not helping me owwww

can someone just comfirm its the tuner, only reason why it still works if i force it to boot up but takes between 5-20 mins to finish booting up when it has the channels are crackling and freezing? alot

plus its telling my the smartcard isnt inserted even though it is and i have the right bk and ird details.

If it was a cap i dout it would even boot up?

Last edited:
how come people are replying to a similar problem a few posts above me but not helping me owwww

can someone just comfirm its the tuner, only reason why it still works if i force it to boot up but takes between 5-20 mins to finish booting up when it has the channels are crackling and freezing? alot

plus its telling my the smartcard isnt inserted even though it is and i have the right bk and ird details.

If it was a cap i dout it would even boot up?
seems funny i was having the same probs with my 4001 box,tried everything,then last chance decided to make new card,worked a treat,dont know why it happened,maybe somebody outhere could explain

even booting up without a card, its delaying and when i eventually boots up its breaking up all the time.

In engineers menu when lead in it says poor or no signal but when i take it out it says good???

Have you tries tightening all connections?

I went out to a house where they had a 4001 and the pics sometimes pixalates and all it needed was to tighten the connections.

Its a long shot but, alot of the times it works.

even booting up without a card, its delaying and when i eventually boots up its breaking up all the time.

In engineers menu when lead in it says poor or no signal but when i take it out it says good???
In this case where the e.m is reporting poor or no signal I would check the rf lead and the input connection on the cim unit.
If you have another stb is this working ok on the same feed?

As for the cim unit, test it by replacement if you have a spare or open it up and resolder the input connection.

Chookey

i have a samsung which is fine and i used to have a 4010 which my signal from the feed is fine.

Ill check the connections but its loosing the signal somewere because it eventually boots up and the tv guide appears but the screen freezes all the time and crackling sound.

it still keeps telling my my smartcard isnt inserted mind.

might just chuck it away.

I havent got a spare 4001 to check if its the tuner :(

As chookey says, check the rf input socket to make sure it's still soldered to the pcb inside the cim module - it can crack at the solder joint. Have you changed all the electrolytic capacitors around the tuner and near the card socket? Try to get the box working without the card first, just to get the fta channels. When these are ok, try it with the card. If it still complains about the card, it could be a bad contact in the card socket and the contacts might need bending up a fraction to touch the card.

Back